Chapter 2: Knight in Shining Armor?

Reaching for the stars

 

[CLASSROOM]

 

            When we enter the classroom, the whole group of EXO was already in their respective places. So, the arrogant guy earlier is sitting in my back. Hell, I wish Victoria won’t bother me about it.

 

            I went to my seat, not looking at my back. I suddenly felt Tao looking at my back. Richa’s seat is as mentioned earlier, right in front of me. Then beside her is Kyuhyun and in front of him is Russell.

 

            Now, speaking of seats, I wonder why there are 4 vacant seats in my row. I wonder who the people are sitting there.

 

            “The one is sitting on those vacant chairs in your row is the members of the famous boy band CNBLUE. Have you heard of them?” Richa said as she noticed by confused face while I was looking at the vacant chairs in my row.

 

            “CNBLUE? For real?! They are my favourite boy band. I really like their concept. Wherein they are just a simple band but their songs are so good.” I exclaimed. Richa, Kyuhyun and Russell were shock of my reply.

 

            “So you know about them. I thought you don’t know them since you don’t know EXO.” Kyuhyun whispered. “Why are you whispering?” I asked. “Duh, they are just right behind you. Same with Victoria’s clique.” Kyuhyun answered. Yeah right.

 

            “So what is your favourite song?” Russell asked. “Of CNBLUE?” I asked. “Yep.” Russell replied. “Well, I really like their song, Love Girl, Love Light, I’ll Forget You and Lie. I really liked ballad songs. Well, I’m also listening to POP songs.” I said.

 

            “You sure are a certified BOICE are you?” Richa said. “Definitely a Boice. Why, are you not?” I asked. “Well, actually, the three of us are.” Kyuhyun said.

 

            I smiled at myself. It’s really nice to gain friends like the three of them.

 

            My mood was already that nice until…

 

            “Hey Chanel girl…” A voice called out. I looked at the person who called me and it was no other than the arrogant guy earlier, Tao.

            “What is it?” I asked slitting my eyes at him. “Are you not going to apologize for blocking my way earlier?” He said in an arrogant way. “Why would I?” I spat back.

 

            Victoria stormed into me and pushed me causing me to fall on the floor. “Don’t you dare--!!” She stopped when a body blocked her way.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

            Music was blasting in my ears as I was listening to our band’s new song, I’m Sorry. “Yah, hyung, are we there yet?” Minhyuk whined to our manager. “Almost there…And we’re here.” Yoojin-sunbaenim said. “Finally.” Yonghwa praised.

 

            We immediately made our way to our classroom.

 

            While we are on our way…

 

            “By the way, I heard there would be a new student who will be joining our class.” Jungshin said. “Do you know who?” I asked. The three of them were surprised to my question. “What?” I asked. “Nothing. We were just surprise that you have taken interest on transfer students. You wouldn’t usually ask if who the transferee is.” Yonghwa explained. “I just suddenly become curious.” I said. “Well, I don’t know the name but I heard that she entered the school as a scholar and was highly favoured by the headmaster.” Jungshin said. “The new student is a girl?” Yonghwa asked. “Obviously. Jungshin said ‘she’, right?” I said deadpanned.  “Why would the new student be a scholar? Isn’t the school is for the elites?” Minhyuk asked. I also asked the same question inside me. Kirin Academy was known to be a school for students who excelled in performing arts especially in music. It is also known to be a school for the stars like us. “Who knows maybe the new student has a great talent in music that’s why she is qualified to enter the school.” Yonghwa said.

 

Maybe.

 

            We are already in front of our classroom when we heard commotion inside. I opened the door when I saw Victoria pushing a girl. I think she is the new student. Before Victoria could even shout at the girl I came to the new girl’s rescue.

 

Back to Meliss’ POV

 

{Recap:}

 

Victoria stormed into me and pushed me causing me to fall on the floor. “Don’t you dare--!!” She stopped when a body blocked her way.

 

{End of Recap…}

 

            A guy, who is standing 6 feet in height and who possesses a skin which could be mistakenly as of that of a vampire’s block Victoria’s view of me.

 

            “Victoria, you are really overboard. She is a new student and all you could do is to bully her?” The unnamed guy said in a soothing voice. That’s when I realize who he is which made my eyes widened.

 

            “But Jonghyun-shi…”Victoria replied back but was cut off again. “And you Tao, you should be ashamed of yourself. It is not like that you are already a star and you would act that way.” the guy said.

 

            Tao stood up and said, “There you go again with your mighty image. It’s not like that you are older than me that you could sermon me like that.” Tao replied back. Suho went to Tao’s side and said, “Tao stop it. Sorry Jonghyun for how Tao acted that way. And Meliss, right? Sorry again.” Tao just clicked his tongue.

 

            Richa and Russell help me stood up. “No I’m fine. Please stop all of these fights. I’m used to being bullied by the way.” I said but lowered my voice when I said the last line.

 

            “Luhan-shi. Can you please bring Tao outside for him to cool down?” Richa pleaded. Luhan did as what he was told.

 

            While EXO is going out of the room, Tao said, “Remember this, Chanel girl. You are the first one to do this to me. You will pay for this. Same with you Mr. I’m-a-nice-guy.”

 

            Finally, the atmosphere went back to normal.

 

            I sighed deeply and sat on my seat. “Finally.” I said.

 

            “Are you alright?” Jonghyun asked. “Yes, I’m fine. Thanks for saving me Jonghyun-shi.” I said. Yes, the one who save me is Lee Jonghyun of CNBLUE. “You know me?” Jonghyun asked. “Yes, I’m actually a fan of your group.” I said smiling.

 

            “Wow. You sure are a tough girl talking like that to EXO especially to Tao.” Yonghwa, the leader of CNBLUE, said. “Richa, thank goodness you thought of making Tao leave the room.” Yonghwa added. “It’s nothing.” Richa replied. “That Tao surely has the guts to talk back like that to the person who is older than him.” Minhyuk, CNBLUE’s Eyesmile and drummer said. “As if you’re not like him.” Jungshin, CNBLUE’s bassist and the tallest of the group said. “Hyung!” Minhyuk shouted and ran after Jungshin. I laughed at the situation in front of me.

 

            “See, it is nice to hear you laugh.” Jonghyun said smiling. I began to blush.

 

Tao’s POV

 

            Arghh...that Chanel girl. How dare her talk to me like that?

 

            “Tao, calm down okay?” Baekhyun said trying his best to calm me down. “No one dares to talk to me like that. And there goes again with Jonghyun, acting like he is always right.” I exclaimed angrily.

 

            “Besides, even though, their group debuted 2 years ahead of us, doesn’t mean he could sermon us like that.” Kris-gege said.

 

            “For your information, Jonghyun only did sermon Tao not all of us. And besides Jonghyun has a point. Look at what Tao acted a while ago. He became so arrogant.” Suho said.

 

            “Really umma, whose side are you with?” I asked in disbelief. “I’m in the side of no one. I want that our stay in this school be peaceful. And what are you going to do if the headmaster knows what have you done to Meliss? Do you think, he will like it?” Suho explained.

 

            “Jeez… guys, calm down will you? We are one remember? Tao, it is just a small thing and you are even making it bigger.” Chen said.

 

            “Besides, if there would be a war in the room, Richa will be upset. I don’t want anyone to be involved in your childishness.” Kai said. “I agree with him and besides, Richa will be the one who will be scolded once there would be chaos inside the room. It is one of the responsibilities of the president, right?” Luhan said. The rest, except me and Kris nodded.

 

            “Tsk. Whatever. You all go now. I need some time alone.” I said turning my back against them. With that, they immediately left me.

 

            Tsk. I’m still annoyed with that girl. What’s with her? She doesn’t know our group but she knows about that Mr. Nice-Guy’s group. Argh. And why would I think that anyways?!?

            It’s because you feel jealous. Someone said. “Wha—who are you?! Get out now or else you will feel my wushu skills!” I shouted. Heh. Bapo. I’m your conscience. The stupid voice said. “As if you really know me. And why on earth would I feel jealous?!” I exclaimed. It’s for me to be kept silent with and for you to discover yourself. Of course, I would KNOW you because like I said earlier, I’m your CONSCIENCE. The voice said once again. “Whatever.” I retorted waving the annoying voice in my head.

 

            I was walking towards my favourite spot in the school. Under the peaceful cherry tree. It can be seen just by looking from my place in the classroom.

 

            As I was nearing the tree, I saw something. It’s a notebook. I think someone dropped it while he/she was sitting under the shade of the cherry tree. My curiosity began to bother me so I opened the notebook.

 

            As I skim through the notebook, I noticed that its owner is a girl. I could determine through the tidy penmanship. It’s somewhat looks like a diary for me because it’s full of words with some caricature drawn on it.

 

            At the back of the paper, there are also words scribbled on it but it seems to me, these are lyrics. I wonder who own this. I began to read her entries out of curiosity. My eyed widened with what I am reading right now. So this girl has also experienced a lot of struggles in the past. Now, it makes me even more curios who owned this.

 

            KRIIIINNNGGGGGGG…

 

            And there goes the bell for the second class this afternoon; I think I will go back to the classroom. I will think later how to make Chanel girl pay. Heh.          

 

Back to Meliss’ POV

 

            The bell rang signalling for the second afternoon class. That’s when the whole group of EXO returned to the room. Tao sat on the seat at my back. “Be ready.” he suddenly said. At the same time, Victoria is glaring daggers at me.

 

            “Are you okay?” Jonghyun asked. His seat is beside me by the way. “Umm…Yes, I’m fine.” I lied.

           

            I began to check my bag when suddenly…

 

            “. Where is it?” I asked myself. Richa turned to look at me. “What is it? Did you lost something?” she asked. “Where is that notebook?” I once again asked myself while rummaging my bag. “What notebook?” Kyuhyun asked. “Something important to me. Everything was in that notebook.” I said already starting to worry. “Calm down. Maybe you left it somewhere a while ago.” Richa said trying to calm me down.

 

            I really couldn’t calm down. Everything inside that notebook is a secret. All about my life is in there. I really couldn’t afford to lose such a thing.

 

            “I hope no one got it.” I said.

 

            The teacher got inside the room and our lessons begin. I really couldn’t concentrate in the class because I’m worried where I leaved my notebook. It’s more like a diary to me because everything I felt in the past, all the struggles, are all written inside that notebook. No one ever read what inside it. Even my parents. I really hoped no one found it and read it.