Chapter 6: Knowing Oneself

Reaching for the stars

Meliss’ POV

 

            After that bastard Tao humiliated me, I ran as fast as I could not caring where I am heading to. I stopped running and I found myself in the gazebo which was found in the middle of the lake.

 

            As soon as I arrived, I curled up into a corner and sobbed. “Mom… Dad… help me… I don’t want it to happen again…”

 

            As I was sobbing, I heard footsteps going towards me. I looked up as I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Jonghyun-oppa?” I asked surprised. “Finally found you…” Jonghyun said as he was gasping for air. Afterwards, he pulled me into a hug which made me blush. “Ummm… oppa, w-what are y-you doing?” I asked. I felt the sudden urge to cry again with his hug. “Don’t worry, you can cry it all out.” Jonghyun said in a soft voice. With that, I cried my heart out. I don’t why but I feel secured and comfortable in his arms. As I felt myself relaxed, I broke free from the hug, wiping my tears. “Ummm… oppa, t-thanks.” I said blushing. “You’re sure that you’re okay? Your face is red.” Jonghyun said with worry in his face. “A-ani.. Gwaenchanayo (Ani=no; Gwaenchanayo= I’m okay in a formal way)” I replied slightly smiling to show him I’m already better. “Come on. I told you not to be all-too-formal with me. We’re classmates, remember?” He said. I just blushed. “By the way, is it okay to ask something?” Jonghyun-oppa asked. “Sure oppa, what is it?” I replied wondering what he is going to ask. “By the time, I approached you, I heard you saying, ‘I don’t want it to happen again’. I was just curioused on what do you mean by that. It’s fine with me if you don’t want to answer it since it seems too personal.” He said.

 

            My eyes widened. He heard me? Should I tell him? He can be trusted though.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

            I saw her divert her eyes from me as soon as she heard my question. Seems like it is really too personal for her. “Well, forget what I say and let’s head back to the room. It’s almost break time and your friends might worry where you are.” I said. I was about to stand up when Meliss tugged on my shirt. I looked at her, surprised. “I-It’s fine. I will tell you. But promise me you won’t tell the others.” She said stuttering. I smiled at her. She, stuttering is cute. Wait? Did I say something? I sat back beside her and that is when she begin to tell me her story and how she entered this school.

 

            “So that’s why the headmaster made me a scholar in this school since my parents can’t afford the fees here.” She ended her story. After that, I hugged her. “Oppa?” she said. I just remained silent. So that’s why she seems to isolate herself from the others. It’s all because of her dark past. I broke the hug and looked at her saying, “From now on, I will be part of the people who will protect you. So, don’t mind them, okay? Friends?” After that, my whole world stops. She gave me her genuine smile and happily said, “Friends! Thanks oppa.”

 

            I stood up and extend my hand to her helping her to stand up. Then, we went back to our classroom.

 

            My heart almost skipped a beat when I held her hand. This must be something I’m suspecting isn’t it?

 

Tao’s POV

 

            The bell rang signalling for break time. I saw Russell and Kyuhyun gathered at Richa’s place. They must be talking about the chanel girl. Wait. Why do I care anyways? It’s her fault anyway.

 

            “I wonder where Meliss ran off too. I saw such pain and sadness in her eyes before she left.” Chanyeol worriedly said. “You’re right. Ya~ Tao, better apologize to her. Judging what really happen, you’re the one who is at fault here.” Baekhyun reprimanded. I just gave him a ‘tsk’ sound. “It’s the first time I saw Jonghyun-ssi outburst like that.” Kyungsoo noted. “I wonder where they are now. They even skipped the first class.” Lay said. “They may be flirting with each other already.” I answered. They just glared at me. And now because of that girl I became the bad guy here? Now I really hate her.

 

            As if on a cue, the two that we are talking about entered the room. Russell, Richa and Kyuhyun immediately approached Meliss bombarding her with questions. That’s when I noticed that Jonghyun is holding her hand. Jonghyun then united with his bandmates and left the room bidding a goodbye to Meliss and co.

 

            Heck. What’s with those ‘holding hands’? I should be happy that girl got humiliated but why do I feel my blood rise seeing that girl being all happy with Jonghyun? And since when have they got so close?

 

            I think I have crazy. Better eat something. I must be hungry.

 

waaaaa~ after 123456789 years I've finally updated! yay! //throws confettis// I would like to express my deepest apologies dear readers if it takes a lifetime before I update the story waaaa~ mian~ >.< *bows 90 degree* author-nim have been busy with her college life and all ~ I'll try my best to update the rest of the story and my other fanfics as soon as possible... thanks for reading... and sorry if this chapter is short. I really intend it to be short~ >.<