Chapter 5: Humiliated

Reaching for the stars

Meliss’ POV

 

            I went back to my room after that small conversation with Jonghyun. I really felt peace while we sing that song. *sighs* As I entered the room, I saw Tao, who is half-, sitting down on the sofa. I covered my eyes at the sight. “Yah! You should consider that there are girls in the room, you know.” I shouted at him. Huh? Did I just saw him smirk? “Why should I? A lot of girls really wanted to see me if not half-, .” Tao said while smirking. Oh how I wish I could scrape that evil smirk of his from his face. “Tsk. Whatever.” I said and began to walk to my room. I was about to reach my room, I felt strong hands grab me and pulled me. I bumped into Tao’s chest. “What the…” I was interrupted when Tao whispered, “You are not just a nerd but also a flirt” My eyes widened at his words. “How dare you say that!” I shouted and ran towards my room slamming the door shut.

 

            How dare he say that I’m a flirt!

 

Tao’s POV

 

            Argh. I can’t sleep. I get out of the room making sure not to wake Luhan up. I was about to get to the fridge to get a glass of milk when I heard two singing voices coming from outside. I listened to it and the voices were in harmony. Curiosity empowered me and I peered over the window. My eyes slit when I saw the bastard Jonghyun playing his guitar with a girl. But my eyes widened when I realized that the girl is no other than, Meliss.

 

            That voice, I think I’ve already heard it somewhere. I can’t seem to remember. I continue to watch them in a while until I saw the two of them stood up with both of them with smiles plastered on their face. Upon that scenario, I felt all giddy and stuff. Geez, what the hell is wrong with me? This only started when THAT girl (Meliss) started to come into my life. She shall pay for this one.

 

            Hmm…What should I do to make her pay? Pranks? No. Hmm…

 

            All of my thinking was interrupted when I heard the door opened. It was Meliss. She entered the room and her eyes widened when she caught sight of me who is currently sitting on the sofa, half-. “Yah! You should consider that there are girls in the room. You know.” she reprimand while covering her eyes. Cute. Huh? What did I just think of? *mentally slaps himself* Anyways, I smirked at her and she began to peer over from her hands. Silence fills the room and she was about to turn her heals towards to her room when I grabbed her and pulled her, hovering my place near her ears and whisper, “You are not just a nerd but also a flirt.” Her eyes once again widened and shouted, “How dare you say that!” while slamming the door shut. I winced. Why? Because she just freaking slammed the door right in front of my handsome face. She should thank the heavens that nothing happened to my GORGEOUS face or else she’s dead. But she still has to pay not just because she almost destroyed my PRECIOUS face but also she really kept of giving me all these weird feelings.

 

            Oooh.. I have an idea. She better prepare tomorrow. *evil laugh*

 

Meliss’ POV

 

            The next day I woke up feeling something strange. I just shrugged it off and stood up and went to my bathroom for a refreshing bath. After the bath and slipping into my school uniform, I looked at the clock and it reads 5:15 AM. The usual. *sighs*

 

            I looked at Richa and she is still sleeping. Guess, I have to prepare something to eat first, I think. As I went outside the room, the lights are still off. I went and the lights and proceed to the kitchen.

 

            I scan through the ingredients that are available and will be good for today’s breakfast. I decided to make pancakes and make it good for 4 people. After cooking the pancakes, I began to munch down my own part while listening to some music.

 

            I wonder what will happen today. *sighs* I really feel that something is going to happen to me today. Gosh, me and my instincts. After eating my pancakes, I stood up and tidied everything up. It is just when I saw Richa came out same with Luhan and Tao already wearing their respective school uniforms.

 

            “Good morning. I made breakfast. You can go ahead and eat and I will go ahead first.” I said and took my bag with me and went out of the room.

 

Richa’s POV

 

            Hmm. Pancakes. Nice. At least one of us is willing to make food other than me. I sat down the table and I felt Luhan sat beside me. I blushed. Please, don’t let him notice it.

 

            But I was wrong.

 

            “Richa, are you sick? You are all red.” Luhan asked with worry printed across his handsome face. “Y-Yeah. I’m fine. It is just that the weather today is somewhat hot. No need to worry.” I answered. “Is that so? It’s good to hear then.” Luhan said in relief.

            I looked at Tao and saw that he was preparing to leave.

 

            “Tao, where are you going? Have breakfast first.” Luhan said. “I would skip breakfast gege. I need to do something. Someone has to pay for something.” Tao said. I gulped. Hope it is not Meliss once again.

 

            “Oh, is that so? Ok then.” Luhan said. And with that, Tao left the room. I once again gulped. I really felt the awkward silence. I mean it is freaking just me and LUHAN, ALONE in the room. Please, Lord, help me. Waaah.

 

            I stood up since I finished eating when I felt a warm hand grab my wrist. Yes, people, I blushed once again when it is Luhan who grab my wrist.

 

            “I-is an-anything w-w-wrong?” I stuttered. Please, when can I talk to him normally? Ugh.

 

            “I tidy everything. You should prepare for school instead.” Luhan said with his heavenly smile. “And…umm…can we go to school together?” Luhan asked. I nodded in response. He once again flashed his oh-so-heavenly-and-handsome-smile. After that heart-throbbing moment, I went to my room and get my bag.

 

            Please, dear heart. At least try to calm a bit, okay?

 

Luhan’s POV

 

            After that short conversation, I saw Richa went to her room. I put my hand onto my chest. My heart is really beating furiously. Is it what I think it is?

 

Meliss’ POV

 

            I was walking calmly my way towards the room from the school’s lake when I felt arms put around my shoulder. I see the eyes of the students around me widened. I turned around and my face is dangerously close to the culprit… TAO.

 

            “W-what are you doing? Please let go.” I said in a whisper.

 

            He smirked. OH, those smirk once again. Ugh. “Why would I? I just wanted to thank you for making me a delicious pancake.” He said and suddenly kissed my cheeks. My eyes widened.

 

            “What the…”  was interrupted when I saw the people surrounding us began to whisper. “She is not just a stupid scholar but a flirt as well.” “Gross. I thought she was clean but also a flirt.”

 

            I begin to tremble. Something went rolling inside my mind. Please not those nightmares again. I got freed from Tao’s hold and I ran as fast as possible. Away from these people. That’s the other reason why I was hesitant at first to go to school. I don’t want to experience those nightmares of mine.

 

            Mom. Dad. Help me.

 

Tao’s POV

 

            I saw her run. She seems terrified on something. I suddenly felt guiltiness empower me. Guilty? Why would I? She deserves it after almost breaking my handsome face last night.

 

            But aren’t you curious why she reacted that way?

 

            That stupid voice again. Who are you? And as if I would really be curious on that girl.

 

            Don’t call me stupid. You’re the one who’s stupid here. How many times do I have to plant on your stupid brain that I am you conscience! And you felt guilty because you seem to hurt her ego. Or you may have hit something that you shouldn’t. PABO.

 

            Tsk. Whatever. But what do you mean?

 

            It’s for you to discover. Pabo.

 

            For me to discover? Heck. As if I would really be curious why that Chanel girl reacted that way. She is way over my standards you know for me to care. Heh.

 

            After that mini argument with my stupid self-proclaimed conscience, I just proceed my way to the classroom.

 

            But really, I saw that Chanel girl’s face. She really seems terrified, afraid of something. As if bad memories came to haunt her.

 

No one’s POV

 

            The school bell began to rung and students are already inside their rooms except for one. And that was noticed by someone.

 

            “Ne, hyung. Do you know where Meliss may, the new girl have gone to?” Jonghyun asked to the elder, Yonghwa. I think I saw her running towards the school’s lake. She seems like crying?” Yonghwa answered. “Crying?” Jonghyun asked once again. “Yes. Crying. Why did you asked?” Yonghwa asked. “She is not yet here.” Jonghyun answered looking at his left where Meliss is supposed to be sitting. “Yah. Hyung, since when did you start worrying over a girl?” Jungshin asked. “I-it’s none of your business.” Jonghyun answered flushing. “HYUNG, YOU’RE STUTTERING! OH MY GOD!” Minhyuk exclaimed. “Ssh. Shut up. You sound like a girl you know.” Jonghyun said. “Whatever.” Minhyuk said in a sing-sang manner.

 

            “Eh, Where’s Meliss? Isn’t she supposed to be here already?” Richa asked which made Jonghyun looked at her. “Yeah. I wonder where she is. Tao, do you know?” Luhan asked. “I don’t care.” Tao retorted back.

 

            “Why are you looking for that flirt? After harassing Tao?” Victorias butted in. “Flirt? Harassing? What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked. “Yes, flirt. She flirted with Tao a while ago. Isn’t that right, Tao?” Victoria said eyeing Tao like a puppy. “Tsk.” Tao responded. “What the hell do you mean she flirted Tao? I know she wouldn’t do that kind of thing.” Richa said. “You better explain this Tao.” Luhan added. “Well, I just came to her and thanked her for the breakfast.” “Which you didn’t eat at all.” Richa said with a deep tone. “Yeah. And just kissed her.” Tao added. “But she still did flirt at you! Everyone saw it.” Victoria interrupted.

 

            “Shut up…” Richa was about to exclaim when everyone became silent when Jonghyun suddenly stood up. “Jumping to conclusions, are you ?” Jonghyun spat which made the people’s eyes widened in ultimate shock. “H-hyung, where are you going?” Jungshin asked. “I’m going to find her.” he answered. “And you are going to act all heroic again…” Tao said when he was interrupted when Jonghyun grabbed his collar and pushed him to the wall. “It’s all you damn fault, bastard! Because of you, you might be ruining someone’s image!” Jonghyun outburst. “It’s her fault! She deserve it for almost ruining my face last night!” Tao shouted back. Victoria gasped. “She really deserves it then!” Victoria exclaimed. “Shut up you stupid !” Jonghyun exclaimed and stormed out of the room.

 

            “What have just happened?” Kyuhyun asked. No one seems to answer because of the ultimate shock from Jonghyun’s outburst.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

            I stormed out the room. I don’t care what they would say. The only thing that I am thinking about now is about Meliss. I wonder where she is. Might try the school’s lake.

 

            I arrived there and saw her in the gazebo all curled up with her earphones on. I approached her and that’s when I hear her sobs.

 

            “I don’t want those to happen again.” I hear her murmur between her sobs.

 

            What does she mean?

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

 

            AFTER 123456789457295821 YEARS, I HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO UPDATE! YAY! //THROWS CONFFETTIS// SORRY FOR THE WRONG GRAMMARS AND SUCH. HEHE.. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE UPDATE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU! //THROWS HEARTS// \(^0^)/ <3 <3 <3