New Students

Play the Game {Hiatus}

Another day in school starts as per normal, as I walked to class. On my way to class, I walk passed a dark and empty class; I overheard a girl's voice talking to another girl. I was curious so I crept closer to hear the conversation.
"Unnie. What are you doing?" asked a girl.
"Hyun, I'm collecting cards," said another girl.
"It looks like someone is eavesdropping our conversation," said another girl.

As soon as I heard that, I dashed off to my classroom. I ran all the way to my classroom, entered, found my seat and sat while panting. I was almost out of breath. "I just hope that they didn't see me. That was just too close for comfort." I whispered to myself. I was in my classroom, just that it was empty. I checked my watch for time and found that I was early, about 10mins early. I waited for the rest to come as I took out my notebook. I read my notes that I had written in them, as I wait for class to start. Then, I overheard another conversation between girls. "Hyun, do your best," said a girl.

"I will unnie," said another girl. I looked up from my notebook to see whose voice it belongs to. I saw a girl about my age walking into class. She looked around the class lost. My heart kept pushing me to go up and talk to her, but I refused and remained quiet. In the end, she found a seat that was in the center of the class.

After about 15mins had passed, the class starts. However, the teacher did not enter the class yet so the class was very noisy with everybody all over the class. I looked for that girl and was surprised to see that she could still read her book in this kind of noise. Soon, our teacher entered and all of the other students ran back to their seats and at the same time that girl that was reading her book stood up and walked to the teacher. "Alright class. Today, we have a new student coming in," said Mr Lee. "Please introduce yourself to the class," he told the girl. The girl nodded.

"Hello everybody, my name is Seo Joohyun. Please take good care of me," she said and bowed.
"Alright, Joohyun. You will seat beside YoungJae. YoungJae will you please raise your hand," said Mr Lee.
I raised my hand and she walked to where I was seating and sat beside me. I could feel her glances that she threw at me. I ignored it and focused on the lesson. I took a peek at her and went back to my hand-written notes. Mr Lee then told us to go for our next lesson. I checked my schedule and noticed that my next lesson is in the same class.
"H...Hello..." said a voice. I turned to see who the voice belongs to. It belonged to the girl sitting beside me.
"H...Hello..." I said shyly, "Nice... t...to meet... you, Joohyun-shi"
"You can just call me Seohyun or Joohyun." I just nodded.
"What can I address you by?" she asked.
"YoungJae," I replied.

The lesson started again, and I took out pieces of paper to write down notes from the lecture. As the lesson goes on, I started to think about the conversation that I heard a while ago. I got curious about the conversation and who Seohyun was talking to. I was just about to ask her a question when the bell rang. Everyone except Seohyun and I left for lunch. She asked if I was going to eat. I shook my head and told her that I am waiting for my hyungs. She nodded and left the room. About a minute later, my hyungs arrived. My hyungs was about to play the game when Leon ask me if I were to start playing. I wasn't sure if I want to start playing just yet so I replied that I won't start, not yet. They nodded and played. Alex hyung then said that he and Jason hyung had two new female students. Leon hyung also said the same, so did I but I had only one new female student. Kai and Jason were battling out to see who is stronger when Leon hyung, Alex hyung and I were talking about the new students. I watched as Kai hyung and Jason hyung play the game. The game went very fast and the damage count is even, 4 all. It was Kai hyung's turn when he declared it was the final turn. Kai hyung had a lucky outbreak and ended the game between him and Jason hyung, with two critical triggers during his twin drive checks.

Lunch ended and my hyungs went back to their respective classrooms. My other classmates, including Seohyun, strolled into class. I sat at my seat thinking whether to start playing. I contemplated for quite some time, being oblivious to the fact that Seohyun is asking me some questions. I snapped back into reality after some time as Seohyun tapped my shoulder. Seohyun asked if I was alright. I answered her with a nod. She then asked me why I was oblivious to her. I replied her that I was thinking of some things. She was curious about them and asked me about it. I told her that it was not important. She nodded and prepared for the next class. Suddenly she turned to me and asked me something. "YoungJae, my unnies said that they are sitting beside boys named Kai, Leon, Alex and Jason. May I ask who are they?"

"Kai, Leon, Alex and Jason? They are my hyungs," I replied.
"I see..." she said, "Well... my unnies overheard them talking about cards. And they got interested."
"Cards? What kind?"
"Vanguard.... My unnies said they were collecting them."
"Cardfight Vanguard?"
"Yes. Do you collect?"
"No, I don't."
"Okay..."

The conversation between Seohyun and I stopped abruptly. Not because we don't have anything else to say but because our teacher had entered the room. I buried my head in my hand-written notes as the lesson starts. I had many things in my head and had a hard time focusing. Though I had notes, I didn't understand some. I tried my best to leave all of the other thoughts at the back of my head and tried to focus. I was successful but only for about 20mins. Every lesson went as per normal and I am running out of paper.

The final bell rung and it indicates the end of school. I packed my bag and headed out. Soon, Seohyun caught up to me. She told me that she wanted to introduced me to her unnies. I just nodded. As we walked, we continued our conversation. I surprised to hear that Seohyun did not have the cards and yet her unnies are playing them. At some point, both Seohyun and I have something in common. I heard Seohyun calling out to one of her unnies, and I was shocked to see the guy standing beside her is my hyung.

"YoungJae, meet my unnie. Sooyoung unnie," she said. The tall girl wave at me and I nodded.
"Jason hyung?" I said.
"Hey, Jay. Sooyoung here said that she wanted to introduce her friends to me and I agreed. Well here I am," said Jason.
"Wait... you two know each other?" asked Seohyun, pointing at me and Jason. I nodded and told her that he is my hyung.

Soon, all my other hyungs met us at the same spot. They were with a girl, and Seohyun said that the girls were her unnies. I nodded and greeted them and Seohyun did the same to my hyungs. Then, Kai hyung and Leon hyung invited them to come to our usual place. The girls nodded while Seohyun kept quiet.


Update~~~~

The introduction of the girls into the boys' life.

Couples are:

YoungJae – Seohyun

Jason – Sooyoung

Alex – Yoona

Kai – Sunny

Leon – Tiffany