High School... Start of CFV

Play the Game {Hiatus}

"Hyung!" I called Leon.
"Yes?" said Leon, "What do you need Jay?"
"I noticed that you and Kai hyung are playing it. I want to know what it is."
"The card game?"
I nodded. "It's called Cardfight Vanguard," said Leon.
I tilted my head, not knowing what it is.
"Jay, I'll fill you in when I play against Leon. Later," said Kai. I simply nodded and head back to my books. I took down notes from the Science lesson. I had the game at the back of my head as the lesson goes on. I did not want to ask about those I do not understand, as I only had the game in my head. School lessons went as per normal and I wrote notes for me to study later on.

The final bell rung and it indicates the end of school. I hurriedly packed my bag and head out, following Kai hyung and Leon hyung to our usual place to wait for Jason and Alex. While waiting for Alex and Jason to arrive, Kai hyung took out his deck and Leon hyung did the same. They then put a card faced down, shuffled their decks and drew five cards. They flipped a coin to determine who starts first. Leon hyung was chosen to start first, and the battle begins.

 

Stand up, my vanguard
Stand up, the vanguard

 

Advance Party Brave Shooter
Eradicator, Strike-dagger Dragon

 

Draw! Ride! Tear Knight, Theo》《Brave Shooter moves back
Draw! Ride! Sword Dance Eradicator, Hisen》《Call! Red River Dragoon》《Red River attacks
No guard. Damage check
Hisen attacks
No guard
Drive check. No trigger
Damage check

 

Draw! Ride! Tear Knight, Lazarus》《Battle Siren, Dorothea and Optics Musket Titan Call!》《Brave Shooter boosts, Musket Titan attacks Hisen
No guard. Damage check
Dorothea boosts, Lazarus attacks Hisen
No guard
Drive check. Get Heal Trigger》《Power to my vanguard. And I heal one point of damage
Damage check

 

Stand and Draw! Ride! Supreme Army Eradicator, Zuitan》《Red River moves back and Dragonic Deathscythe Call!》《Call! Eradicator, Spark Rain Dragon

~Fast Forward~

The match between Kai hyung and Leon hyung ended with Kai being the winner. Kai then told me that the match ends when one has 6 damage. I made a note mentally and nodded. I then asked what some of the sayings meant. Kai replied me that some does not have any meaning. I still had no idea what it was and I did not bothered to ask them about it. Soon, Alex and Jason arrived. I asked them what they were doing. They replied me that they had started to play the vanguard game. Now, I feel left out. Alex and Jason then asked Kai and Leon for a tag battle. They agreed, took out their decks, sat across each other and started playing. I sat closer to them as they played the game.

The match was long, not because Alex and Jason were beginners but because Alex and Jason worked well together to keep their damage count low. The game soon ended with Kai and Leon being the winners by a lucky twin drive trigger check of 2 critical triggers during Kai's turn. The total damage was 9. I asked why the total damage count is 9 instead of the usual 6. Kai replied me that the damage is 9 because it is to give the players a sense of teamwork and to use the cards' effects. I simply nodded and made a mental note to look out about the game. We then decided to go back to our dorm as it was getting late.

Soon, we arrived at our dorm. Leon hyung punched in the code and opened the door. As soon as I entered, I lied to my hyungs that I had some notes to sort out. They nodded and I went to my room and changed into something comfortable. The thing is all my notes are already sorted out, so I switched on my laptop. While it is starting up, I filed my notes properly so that I won't lose them. I then surfed the internet about Cardfight Vanguard. I was surprise by the amount of sites, videos and pictures the game had. Even their own site. I heard my hyungs calling me as I clicked on their site. They were calling me to come out as the food is ready. I answered them, closed my laptop and went out. My hyungs talked about the game as we ate. I spaced out but I did not let it show, as I was left out because my hyungs were playing the game and I was not. I just listened to them. After finishing we left the kitchen with Jason doing the dishes, I went back into my room to resume what I was doing. I opened my laptop and read what was on the site. "So... many...." I said, oblivious to the fact that Leon had entered the room.

"What about?" asked Leon. I turned and was surprised to see him sitting on his bed.
"When did you come in?" I asked.
"Just a minute ago," he replied. I kept quiet. "Looking up about the game?" I nodded.
"Go ahead and read up," said Leon.
"Hyung, may I ask a question?" I asked.
"Sure. Go ahead."
"Why are there so many.... cards?"
"Because the cards are to make decks of different clans."
"What are clans?"
"Clans. I can't really explain. But I'll show you." Taking out his deck, "Here, my deck's clan is Aqua Force. This is seen at the bottom left hand corner of the card." I nodded. "There are different clans, and there are many clans," explained Leon.
"So many cards are to build many decks of different clans, right?" I asked.
"Yeah. You learn fast," replied Leon. I gave him a smile, but I had no intention whatsoever to start playing the game... yet, so I left the thought at the back of my head.

I looked at the clock and noticed the time. It was late so I shut down my laptop, cleared my notes that were scattered on the table and packed my bag. I charged my phone and climbed on the bed. I lay on my bed thinking of the game, I then cleared my head of that thought. It wasn't long after lying on my bed, I drifted off to dreamland.


First Update~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait. Was writing the other chapters of the story.

A/N: There will always be these whenever the game is being played or the names of the clan/cards.

《Comments are very much appreciated