Deck Building

Play the Game {Hiatus}

Over 60 Genesis cards were scattered on the table, including the ones that I just bought. The good thing is that my hyungs did not sell or trade away the Genesis cards that they had. Those were good cards. Kai hyung laid out the deck recipe for building a deck. 7-8 Grade 3s, 11 Grade 2s, 14 Grade 1s and 17 Grade 0s, all inclusive of the starting vanguard. Out of all those cards, only a few were taken to build the deck. Slowly, the deck is almost complete. Just another half to go. The deck compromises of 4 Heals, 8 criticals, 4 draws and 14 Grade 1s. When I took a look at the half built deck, it had very good cards. It became obvious that my current deck cannot win that deck. Soon, Seohyun's deck is complete.

I kept quiet because I too need to rebuild my deck. Everybody then went back to their dorms, including my hyungs, leaving me alone in the card shop. I felt that my deck is too incomplete. I, however, know how to play the deck but there were a few cards missing. I did what I could for the time being and change up a few of my cards. I changed the normal 4 heal, 4 critical, 4 draw and 4 stand triggers to 4 heal, 8 criticals, 2 draw and 2 stand triggers. After that, I went back to my dorm with my deck in hand. Back in my dorm, I went straight to my room, climbed into bed and drifted off to dreamland.

 

~Drrrinng~

 

Woken up by my alarm, I rubbed my half-asleep eyes and sat on my bed. I reached out for my trial deck and looked through it. I noticed that the deck looks a little different, even my triggers. Though it was still the same 4 heal, 8 critical, 2 stand and 2 draws, the cards were totally different. My starting vanguard is also different. I put back my deck back on the table and left the room. I went into the kitchen and saw my hyungs there eating their breakfast, and getting ready to go somewhere. I sat down and ate my breakfast quietly. My hyungs then told me what they want to do since it was the weekend. I asked them who they are the going with. They replied with the girls opposite. I almost spat out what I ate. Almost. "What for?" I asked.
"Well... we are planning to go to other card shops. Since we have two more starting Vanguard," replied Leon.
"We thought it would be best if we would test out with other players. This will also make us stronger," Kai added. I just nodded and finished my breakfast. My hyungs and I cleaned up the kitchen, went into our respective rooms.

Soon, we came out wearing casual clothes. All of us were carrying some kind of bag to hold our decks and albums, only my hyungs had albums. Kai hyung did a final check, we then left our dorm. We met the girls when we made a pit stop at the card shop near our dorms. I went to buy a few more booster packs, just in case I get the cards that I want. My hyungs then said that we would be leaving for the next card shop. I nodded and followed my hyungs. As we were walking towards our destination, Leon hyung asked me something. I was shocked by what he said. "What? You did what hyung?" I asked.

"I actually changed up your deck... with the Narukami cards I had," replied Leon.
"Hyung... thanks... but you don't really know what deck I had in mind. I wanted to have an Eradicator deck just like Kai hyung but I won't be using Dragonic Descendant that much. And I have other cards in mind."
"Then what about DKV and THE BLOOD that I gave you?"
"I don't not need them. Sorry hyung."

Leon hyung just nodded and we continued our way to our destination. I was opening my booster packs secretly as I wanted to see what kind of cards I get. Luckily for me, 2 out of the 5 packs I opened, had a card that I really need; Eradicator Wyvern Guard, Guld. I kept the cards into the opened booster pack and kept them into my pouch. Not long after walking, we have reached our destination; another card shop. We entered with a sense of wanting to get stronger. We found an empty table and sat to rebuild decks and do a test run. Seohyun and I took out our decks and tried to rebuild it. Well... I was able to rebuild my deck but Seohyun didn't. I knew what deck I want and I also had some of the cards that I needed. I did remodel my deck however I am still missing a few more cards. Opening the rest of the booster packs, I found cards that I totally didn't need but I kept them as some of them were good cards. Kai hyung saw the cards I kept and asked to see them. I showed them to him. As he looked through the cards, he found one card that is really good, Star-Vader Nebula Lord Dragon, and wanted to get hold of it. I rejected him. He then gave me an offer, to buy the card at a high price. Still I rejected him. Instead, I offered him the card for some of his cards. He willingly agreed and showed me his album. I browsed his album and took note of the cards that I want. After going through it once, Kai hyung said that he was willing to trade 5 of his cards for my one card. I nodded and went through his album again. I took out the 5 cards that I wanted: Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon, Eradicator, Spark Rain Dragon, Eradicator, Gauntlet Buster Dragon, Dragon Dancer, Veronica, and Dragonic Deathscythe.

Then with those cards I rebuilt my deck. I then heard Seohyun asked me to play with her. I asked if she knew how to play the game, she nodded and we got the game underway. As usual, the game started with no damage each and I started first. As I was playing, I had no idea that the game is going to be a long one. Not because we were rookies but because we were able to keep the damage count low. Everything was going fine and the damage count of me and Seohyun was 4 all. Tied once again. It was Seohyun's turn. I made a mistake and took one damage, I knew I wasn't going to last another turn if I were to make another mistake. I guarded her two attacks, and her turn is over when she finished attacking with her Vanguard. The tables were turned 5 to 4. I had to do something as it was my turn. My rear guard attacks were useless as she guarded them with ease. I attacked with my vanguard and drew two triggers, a heal and a critical, but the attack didn't go through, as Seohyun guarded with a perfect guard. My Vanguard was Dragonic Descendant, so I used its limit break ability. Throwing down 3 cards from hand and counterblast 1, Dragonic Descendant stands once again. I attacked once again but, this time with 41k power and 3 criticals. Another twin drive check, two more triggers; both criticals. Added that to my current power, 51k and 5 crit towards Seohyun. She did 5 damage checks, her first no trigger. Her second was a heal however her other 3 checks had no trigger.

I won the match and Seohyun thanked me for playing with her. I complemented her as she knew what she was doing. Suddenly, two people came and ask for a tag battle, two boys. I turned towards Seohyun and Seohyun to me. She nodded and I turned back to face them. I agreed and told them that we were beginners. They nodded, sat across us and told us the main objective -- that is to deal 9 damage to your opponent. Seohyun and I nodded and we get the game underway. We chose who will start first by rolling a die. I was chosen to start first and so I did. Once my turn was over, I told Seohyun about the rules in a tag battle.

The game went on really well. Another long battle, because Seohyun and I worked together to keep the damage count low. From their fighting style, I could see that their plan is to deal as much damage as possible. The damage count was now 8 to 7, one more damage and Seohyun and I will lose. Fortunately, it was my turn. I ride Dragonic Descendant and activated break ride ability. I removed one rear guard from my opponent's field, and added 10k to Dragonic Descendant. I used his counterblast skill twice to add more fire power. I attacked without boost. My opponent guarded by using a perfect guard. Twin drive check, and I drew a critical and a heal trigger. I gave all the effects to my vanguard and healed one damage. My opponent said that what I just did was futile as he thought that my turn was finished but I said that I haven't finished attacking. Activating the limit break, Dragonic Descendant stands. I attacked again, with boost. My opponent had no choice not to guard even his partner, who had two cards in his hand, cannot guard it. Drive check and drew another critical and a draw. My opponent did 4 damage checks, no heal triggers. The match ended, Seohyun and I won. We then heard my hyungs and her unnies calling for us.


Update~

The introduction to Link Joker