Test of Teamwork

Play the Game {Hiatus}

My hyungs told me that we were going to another card shop. Seohyun's unnies did the same. Seohyun and I nodded. We went off to another card shop, not after I bought some more booster packs. As we were walking, I opened my booster packs and found a few more cards that I needed. I kept all the cards into my pouch, together with my deck. I did a check with my money and found that I'm low on money, so I told myself that I'll stop buying until I have enough to buy more. Leon hyung then asked me about the deck recipe that I had in mind. I only told him the Grade 3 recipe, a total of 8 cards. He didn't know what to say as the cards that are for my Grade 3 was really good cards.

Soon, we reached another card shop. There was this weekly tournament, a tag battle tournament. Only Seohyun and I entered the tourney. My hyungs and her unnies recommended us to go for it. I just nodded. Since the tourney starts a little later, I rebuilt my deck once again. Now exactly half of my deck is complete, in terms of what I had in mind. Then, the owner of the card shop called for those who were participating in the tourney. Seohyun and I were waiting for the owner to say the pairings. There were only four pairs going for the tourney, and we were one of them. Seohyun and I were chosen to fight first. We weren't that confident but we trust each other. "Seohyun, let's play the game." I cheered for the both of us.

The tourney started and Seohyun and I were against two others. I, again, started first. I noticed that our opponents were using a Gold Paladin deck and had a feeling that they were tough to defeat. The match when faster than expected. From what I remembered, Gold Paladin shares their power from rear to vanguard, but what I saw was my opponents were neglecting their fighting style and going all-out. The damage count now was 5 to 8, Seohyun and I at 5. It was my opponents turn and he rode Spectral Duke Dragon. I was extremely cautious for that because it's limit break ability allows it to stand, similar to Dragonic Descendant but without the critical gain and loses the twin drive. When he attacked with his vanguard, I guarded anticipating two triggers. And he drew two criticals, activated limit break and Spectral Duke stands. Attacking with that power, I guarded with a perfect guard and finally his turn ended. My turn starts, I break ride Dragonic Descendant. Rear guards attacks were useless. Activated the skill twice and then attacked with my vanguard but attack did not go through. I, however, drew two triggers; a critical and a stand. I gave all the effects to my vanguard and stood my booster. Activating limit break and Dragonic Descendant stands. Attacking once again with a total of 51k, including boost. My opponents did a tag guard and guarded to anticipate for two triggers. I did my twin drive check. Two triggers, both a critical trigger. More than enough power to finish them off.

After that, we were going against another team. This time, they used a Spike Brother and a Gold Paladin decks. I had a feeling that this match was going to be an irritating one. Putting my thoughts aside, I started first as usual. As the match went on, I kept in mind what to do with a Spike Brother deck. Seohyun's turn came, and she did an analysis of the Gold Paladin user. She whispered into my ear and I was shocked that she would be able to make that move. I noticed their playing style, and found that both are playing how the deck are intended to be played, and I could say that the match would be a long one. As I was fighting the Spike Brother user, he was able to keep replacing his rear guards. I was getting irritated as his attacks are endless. The only way to stop him from attacking was to guard all of his attacks. After his turn, I only had three cards left in hand and he has two. Seohyun's turn went smoothly and she was able to deal two damage to them. We were tied 7 all. Once it was my turn, I break ride into Dragonic Descendant. Removing one of my opponent’s rear guard and adding 5k power to Homing Eradicator, Rochishin and adding 3k power to Twin Gun Eradicator, Hakushou because of their skill. I did Dragonic Descendant's counterblast skill twice and got ready to attack. I attacked with Hakushou first, the attack didn't go through. Then with Rochishin, dealing him one damage but it was a heal trigger. Attacking all out, a 41k attack from Dragonic Descendant with boost. My opponent guarded it with a perfect guard, leaving him open. I did my checks and two triggers came; a stand and a draw. I stood my booster and added the effects of both triggers to my vanguard, and also drew a card. I activated limit break and my vanguard stands. I attacked once again, this time with a 51k power and 2 criticals.

My opponent's partner guarded for him however only anticipating one trigger. I did my checks and two triggers came; a critical and a heal. Adding all the effects and healing 1 point of damage, Dragonic Descendant was able to end the match. Seohyun and I won the match. And now only one more tag battle left. As we waited for the last team for the tourney, Seohyun and I planed strategies for playing with our decks.


Update~~~

Sorry if the chapter is short.

A/N: If one does not have any cards in hand that means he/she will not be able to guard. If there is a Grade 3, they also cannot guard.