eyes that can't focus

Mission: Destroy EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

eyes that can't focus

Precisely six months ago your father had gotten into prison and since then stayed there. It was rough without him, you were practically living alone in your family appartment from day to another, not having a single friend to talk with. And because you somehow had to buy food and pay bills, you had found a job. Nothing fancy, but just enough to get you some money you needed. You worked as a waitress at local restaurant that served traditional korean food. It sure wasn't nothing to brag about and you rather kept your name as a secret or replaced it with some made-up names. The last thing you wanted to do was ruin your family's name as a waitress. 

Also, six months ago you had been kicked out of SM Entertainment. You hated to admit, but you somehow missed that place, not because of the people (definately not because of the people) but because you got to do what you had always wanted. It was sad that you clearly didn't have that opportunity anymore, since spying on one of the Korea's most wellknown companies had smudged your name. 

And toughts about Jongin were forbidden. They only made you sad and angry, remembering how he broke your heart into tiny pieces that wouldn't get back together anytime soon. 

"Jahea! Table 8!"

You returned to reality, blinking your little dark brown eyes to see the chef feverly ringing the table bell and looking straight into your eyes. You snatched the tray and rushed to find the table 8. It was already 7PM and a lot of people since it was friday. Your pencil skirt made it a little more uncomfortable to walk fast and the same time to weave through people and low tables. 

"Here are you dishes, I'm so sorry you had to wait." You said and made a sorry smile for the three girls sitting around the table. One of the looked odly familiar to you, but nothing ringed your bell. You put down the tray, setting the bowls and plates on the wooden table. 

"No problem, we didn't even notice how the time fled by." The girl said, giggling cutely and then taking her eyes to you. She clearly examined your features, you could feel her eyes on your skin. It was slightly uneasy for you. "Do I know you from somewhere?" 

You slowly took your eyes to her direction, now staring her straightly into her eyes. You viewed her face features and dark brown, short hair. She really did remind you of someone. "I don't know. Where?" You said back and made a gentle twitch with your delicate brows. 

"What is your name? Maybe that would help me remember." She suggested and leaned her chin on top of her hand, she wasn't going to let you get away without an answer. 

Once again, you made up another name in your head: "Min-Yung." 

But this unknown girl didn't believe it, she made a low growl and squinted her eyes until you barely saw her pupils. You swallowed nervously, straightening your back and now standing in front of this girl and her friends, who looked more than dumbfoundead with this situation. 

"But you don't look like Min-Yung." She spoke and made a suspicious smile. You got shivers and bit your lower lip, that was probably the most visible sign of your lying. "I can see you're lying! What's your real name?" She shrieked and laughed shortly after that. You pouted in disbelief and grew worried. But what exactly you had to lose anymore? Yeah, nothing. 

"Jahea." You sighed and moved a piece of hair behind your ear, your head sinking like you shamed your name. 

"Kang Jahea, right?!" She asked, her voice more energetic and satisfied that she had revealed your secret.

You raised your head, eyes reminding plates. For a while you just stared into each other's eyes and shared the common amazement about your name. 

"H-how did you know? Please, speak quiet ..." You whispered, leaning forward and peeking around. 

"I heard about you from my father. And from the news." She answered and now smiled widely, with pure joy. You were still worried: Just a smile wouldn't prove her good intentions. 

"Wait: From your father? Who is your father?" You asked now with a normal voice tone. 

"Lee Soo Man. My name is Lee Bo-Yun." 

A warm wave rose inside you as you heard his name in you ears: "Oh." You mumbled and then cleared your throat. 

"But your food is getting cold. Enjoy your meal!" You desided to call it quits before you would loose your nerves in front of his daughter. Before Bo-Yun could react you fleed back to the kitchen, just so see an angry chef waiting for you. 

***

This wasn't the last time you met this Bo-Yun girl. She came almost everyday for a small meal, just to talk with you a little more. She always sat in the same table and read a book. One time you talked with her for an hour about what ever came up into your mind. Once you got to know her, you felt more comfortable around her, tough she was a daughter or SMent's Lee Soo Man. But you didn't really like the way she was so outspoken and had the nerve to ask even the most personal things. Maybe those she had gotten from her father.

Once you even asked her why she was being so curious about you.

"Bo-Yun." You started as she took a zip of her tea, sitting in front of you.

"Yes." She answered, looking happy that for once you made an initiative move.

"Why are you so interested in me? Why do you

Please log in to read the full chapter