my sights become dark

Mission: Destroy EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

my sights become dark

"I-I, I didn't know about that ..." You answered, your voice shaking like you were freezing. The sad thing was that you weren't even surprised - so had you known all the time that something like this would happen? But there was still a part in you, that didn't want to believe it. Asking why he was in prison would've been stupid, you knew better than the office himself. 

"Would you want to meet him? We can arrange that before we send him to Seongdong Jail to wait for what will happen next."

You swallowed, it sounded like he was somekind of animal that had no idea what could be next. 

"Yes, I would." 

"How would 11AM sound?" He asked as you watched down at your wristwatch - 10AM. It all came so quickly, but the judging looks told you that you weren't welcome to SMent's building anymore. 

"Great, I'll be there." You replied coldly. Just when you were about to turn around to leave your dreams about acting behind, you felt someone grabbing your shoulder. You startled as you tought that it must've been security, trying to quide you outside. But you were amazed to see Sehun behind your back, all pale and emotionless as usual. 

"Jahea, I have thomething to thay ..." He sounded serious this time, his brows starting to make his face look sad. 

"Sehun this isn't exactly the best time for that." You rejected him, blankly, shaking his hand off of you. But he was like a burdock, grabbing your wrist this time, pulling you back to his direction. 

"But it'th important!" He raised his voice. His look made him look like he was in pain.  You frowned deeply, making a short hiss and pulling your arm away. 

"Sehun, can we talk later? My father is in trouble right now, he needs me!" You managed to keep your voice and expression calm, but inside you felt like crying bitter, angry tears. Without waiting his answer, you turned away and ran out of the door before he could stop you again. 

***

You had never taken a taxi before. You felt like everyone else, a normal person and you weren't sure if you liked the feeling. The whole way to the prison, you tought if your dad would stay there and you'd have to find a job and take taxis all the time. It was wrong to worry something so superficial when the last and closest person in your family was in jail because you had messed up. You sobbed a bit, covering your face with you hair so the taxi driver wouldn't see your upcoming sorrow. 

As the jail came closer, you began to grow afraid: What if he was angry with you? He would have to sit in jail while your family's name would be smudged forever. All of his hard work would be flushed down the drain. 

You paid for the ride and then walked towards the officer who you had talked in the phone. You shook hands and after that everything was quiet. He walked you through some dark hallways, towards two men who were talking about something, cearly about you or your father, because when they saw you they went quiet. 

"This is his daughter, Kang Jahea." The officer said, but you didn't care because you saw your father in the room, wearing that famous orange suit and handcuffs. You sobbed again, trying to make it sound like you were just having a flu. 

"Jahea?" The officer asked once you didn't even look in the direction of two other men. You still didn't want to react, so they just let you in to meet your father. 

"Daddy!" You yelled lightly and ran to hug him. For your amazement, he hugged you back as well as he could with his handcuffs. You could no more fight it - tears ran down your smooth cheeks across your pink lips, making you taste the saltness. "I'm so sorry you're here, it's my fault!" You said those clique-like words no matter how hard you had tried to avoid them. 

"Shhh now. It's okay, Jahea. I'm sorry I mixed you into my problems." He whispered, still hugging you tightly in his arms. You were shaking like a little bird, first time having to experience the cruel world. 

"I'd do anything for you, if it would just make you happy." You whispered back, staring at the blank wall in front of you. Your father released you from his grip, pushing you tenderly backwards, so he could see your wet face. 

"Everything will be okay, Jahea. We can make it through this!" He said, trying to fake a cheerful smile. But it only made you sadder, more heartbroken than before to see him struggling for you. You still tried to appreciate his shaking lips that tried to call it 'a smile'. You smiled weakly back, barely holding it up for a two seconds. 

Please log in to read the full chapter