this unconditional emotion

Mission: Destroy EXO
Please log in to read the full chapter

this unconditional emotion

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"How was the first day? Anything to show to me?"

You knew exactly what your father meant with that. He wanted to see the pictures you had taken. You let out a quiet sigh and took out your camera and handed it to him. Your father snatched the camera from your hand and started to browse the pictures through. You frowned your thick brows, framing your delicate face you had gotten from your mother, while watching him search help from the pictures you had taken. Right now he looked someone you couldn't recognize. You looked your father who sat across from you, the lamp's yellow light made the situation feel like a police interrogation. 

"Not bad, not bad ... The last photo was too blurry. What happened?" He looked satisfied, handing the camera back to you. And if he was, then you were too. You looked at the last picture, twisting the camera in your hands, trying hard to remember what the snapshot was trying to be. 

"This is SM's newest boyband, EXO. They were having a dance practice." You said. "The secretary nudged me and my hand jerked. I'm sorry it failed, father." 

First he looked a bit dissapointed, but when he saw your apologetic face, he couldn't be mad. He reached his hands over the dinner table, to set them on your flawless, manicured hands. 

"You have plenty more time tomorrow. It's okay, honey." He sighed, his smile looking tired. You smiled back, getting up and announcing that you'd go to bed now. You wished your father a good night and went to bed.

***

"Oh god oh god oh god please don't let me be late ..." 

The day couldn't have started worse. You somehow managed to oversleep almost half an hour, and that cut your time to do your hair and makeup, not to even mention about clothes you had put on in a hurry. Your hair was up on a ponytail, like some standard girl, and you had only time to put on mascara and do your brows. 

You ran in front of the glass door, digging your cellphone to look how much you were late. The clock was 8:59 AM. Just in time! You sighed from relief and opened the door. There were alot of people this morning and you felt like one of them with your plain Jane look. You looked at your schedule: First they wanted to know if you could sing. Wait, WHAT? But you really had no talents in music whatsoever! You growled silently, burying your face with your hands. This day suddenly got even worse.  

After panicking for a good 10 minutes, you had made it. The room 216 was in front of you, your petite hand resting around the door knub to turn it. You took a deep breath, and turned it. You were faced with four men and a vocal trainer. They all looked at you and you felt uncomfortable for a short moment.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late." You apologized with a deep bow.

"It's okay. You're not that late." The older woman said, getting up behind the piano and walking closer. You straightened your back and looked at her approaching. 

"I'm Mrs. Shin, one of SM's vocal trainers." She introduced herself. She was so elegant, yet somehow brightly spirited. You loved her natural beauty, even her little wrinkles in the corners of her eyes. She seemed very warm, almost motherlike.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Kang Jahea." You said and again, made a little bow. Then you moved your eyes to stare at the four boys near the piano. You raised your brows in wonder, why were they here? Mrs. Shin noticed your amazement. 

"I tought that you might learn something from these boys. And we could find the right level for your voice if we compare it with theirs." She explained carefully, walking back to the piano, you taking few steps closer too. 

"Do you know eachother already?" She suddenly asked, looking both you and the group of head-shaking boys. 

"Actually, no." You assured and smiled mildly. Mrs. Shin nodded and then looked significantly towards the boys. 

The first one stepped forward. He was such a babyface, his hair was coloured light pastel, you couldn't tell if it was supposed to be blue or purple or in between. He wasn't that long, but not small either. He had slender limbs, a long neck and deer-like face. He was actually more beautiful than handsome.

"My name is Luhan. It is nice to meet you, Jahea." He said, bowed lightly, then stepping back to his spot. 

Then there was this boy with his eyes that reminded you of pair of plates. But you tried not to smirk at your image, and just bare with it. You smiled friendly, trying to hide your amusement. He was pretty average in height, but he's lips sure were cute.

"Hello, I'm Do Kyungsoo. But in EXO I'm known as D.O." 

Before you could move your head, the next guy already had stepped forward and was introducing himself.<

Please log in to read the full chapter