Accepted

Meant to Be

"I hope your mother will like me."Maya whispered quietly, her voice soft and quite unsure as she instinctively snuggled a bit closer to Luhan. Although they had just barely met, she craved the boy's warmth that seemed to provide her with the feeling of love and security.

Already, she could see herself growing dependent on her soul-mate's presence. She just couldn't imagine being away from him for a longer time. Of course, it was natural. Had she not been feeling like that, it would have meant that something had gone wrong as they were chosen.

Or at least, Maya thought so. She wasn't quite sure as neither her mother, nor any of her teachers that had been asked about such matters had ever answered. But now, the girl didn't even want to think about such things. It was quite obvious that Luhan was the one she had been born for. She just didn't feel like thinking about topics that to her now, were beyond unimportant.

As the petite girl followed Luhan nervously, she couldn't help but look around the huge crowd of celebrating people, she couldn't help looking for her friend. Not only hadn't she seen her in the hall they had stayed before, but she wasn't anywhere now, either. It seemed like once again, she was one of the girls that never got called to meet her future beloved.

The brunette's heart clenched at the thought. Sanghi had been so close to being chosen before, as once, her name had been said by one of the fairies yet only moments later, she had been told to stay put. As if her name had miraculously disappeared from the list those little creatures had.

Since then, she had never been chosen. Poor girl, just like the ones who had never got chosen, broke down right there, screaming, trashing around hysterically. Or so Maya had been told.

For some reason, no one seemed willing enough to tell the details to Maya. Not even Sanghi who only calmed down days later...

Of course, the brunette knew well that it must have been a touchy subject for the older girl. But still, it was quite weird as since they had met, they had shared all their secrets.

"We're here!"Luhan chuckled, lightly squeezing Maya's hand. "Mom, I'm proud to present you my soul-mate."

Maya, pulled out of her thoughts by the boy she loved, looked up at the tall, quite intimidating woman who was eyeing her with a tight smile.

"Oh..."The girl muttered, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "I'm sorry."She stuttered, trying to hide her face with her hair, the gentle, messy curls for once coming in handy to her. "I'm Maya."The girl added after a few moments, biting into her lower, her hands trembling a little. She couldn't help being scared as icy blue eyes examined her for minutes, the woman never saying anything.

Being accepted to each other's families for young couples was crucial. Although even if relationships had to be allowed whether the parents were fond of the other half of their children or not, it was quite awkward making them work if the latter happened. Some pairs had actually broken up because of them, as stupid as it sounded. They chose to live alone in misery for the sake of their families.

Maya had to admit that she was scared that it could happen to them, too. Although she felt like their love was already unbreakable, she couldn't help thinking how it could be to be suddenly separated from Luhan...

"Zoning out again, eh?"The woman chuckled softly, her lips curling into a soft, gentle smile."You're quite shy, Maya, but I'm happy to welcome you to our family."For a few moments, her eyes held sadness, which Maya didn't question.

Luhan had told her about his father before.. He died, just after his son had been born. Such sorrow was the worst in all families yet his mother had raised him proudly. She rarely showed her pain.

Maya smiled gently, timidly hugging the woman."Thank you."She whispered, wondering what was going to happen now. Although she had been told about the customs before, thus she should have known what to do, her mind seemed blank. She felt like it was a good thing that she could remember her name... and Luhan's.

"Now, go and meet your family."Luhan's mother chuckled softly, letting go of Maya to ruffle her son's hair."I wish you luck!"She added.

With a deep breath, the teens slowly walked to the girl's parents. Both were nervous but this time, it was Luhan who was showing it more as they tried to get through the crowd. He was fidgeting, squeezing his soul-mate's hand just a bit too tightly.

He couldn't help wondering if he would ever be accepted by the girl's father. Meeting him simply terrified the boy.

Seeing his worries though, Maya giggled softly. She turned and right there in the middle of the crowd, kissed Luhan for the first time. It was nothing special, simply a soft brush of their lips as she held onto the boy's neck for support, her eyes fluttering close just for a couple of moments but it was enough to spread a now familiar warmth through both their chests.

They felt the bliss of belonging to someone once again. Even if their contacts had been quite brief, Maya jumping back as she realized what she had done, her cheeks crimson, once again half-hidden by her hair, they both knew that they would treasure that moment forever.

"It's going to be alright."The petite brunette mumbled after a few moments, giggling as a small child ran past her, yelling something about her sister who probably had just arrived with her soul-mate.

"I hope so."Luhan chuckled, pulling the girl close once again. He had been surprised when Maya kissed him, but he had to admit that he had quite liked his little surprise. Maya was beyond precious, both her sweet shyness and her cute, almost bold side she had just shown.

"Now, come on, you have to meet my family!"The girl said softly before pressing her lips against Luhan's cheek one last time, sending him into a daze before she gently dragged him to her family, knowing well that if it depended on him, they would have stood there for hours, which of course, neither of them wanted.


AN: Here :3 Umm... I hope that the last part with Maya being quite bold wasn't too not in her character T.T I simply wanted her to be excited xD

Okay, sorry, I'm just bad with OCs.

On an other not, if you like JongKey, please, check this out :P

Thanks x3