Doesn't matter

Meant to Be

AN: Even though I'm hungover and barely know why I'm feeling so bad still, I felt the need to update something today. Excuse me for tiness but at least I try xD


Maya bit onto her lower lip nervously as slowly, she introduced Luhan to her parents. Although she wasn't as nervous as when she had been meeting the boy's mother, she couldn't help the fear of hatred coming from her family that was threatening to ruin her day, and possibly, her life.

Luhan, on the other hand, seemed all too relaxed. All traces of fright he had seemed to show just some minutes before were gone, his lips curling into a shy yet charming smile as he bowed towards his soul-mate's father.

Despite that though, inwardly, he couldn't have been more nervous. His heart was hammering loud against his chest, his head spinning with all the ideas that came to his mind about what could happen, how they could be separated in less than an hour. Even if he didn't want to imagine a life without the girl he already loved so much, he was well aware of how Maya's parents could make them part if they wanted to.

Yes as the girl's mother smiled gently, inspecting the inwardly panicking boy for a few moments, for some reason he knew that it would be alright.

"Welcome to the family."The woman said softly, her gentle eyes which were quite similar to her daughter's, lighting up with an almost childish hint of glee."I'm happy that my baby had found you finally."

"Thank you ma'am."Luhan mumbled, fighting the urge to grin like a fool back as he still hadn't got any response from Maya's father. The man, although smiling softly, seemed to not really know what to say as he kept gazing at his daughter. Not even a minute later though, he patted the boy's shoulder awkwardly.

"As long as you don't hurt her, you're okay."The man muttered after a few moments, chuckling as Maya glared at him, her cheeks a deep crimson.

"Daddy! I'm a big girl already!"The petite girl whined, snuggling closer to Luhan who was glad to wrap his arms around her frail frame.

"Much better."He whispered into the brunette's ear, making her giggle softly.

"Yup."She uttered back, closing her eyes for a few moments to enjoy the sensation of being in those now familiar, comforting pair of arms. Her heart was still fluttering wildly against her ribcage like a caged animal, yet not because of the previous fear she had experienced. Now, although far from being relaxed, she knew well that everything would be alright. With gentle smiles, her family had accepted the one she adored so much already.

All she could feel for those minutes was inexplicable bliss. As if all evil in the world had disappeared, leaving behind a joyful, free place where she would be happy until the day she passed. 

She felt like her cheerfulness would never be broken, like she would always be like this, so carefree, happy. Being in Luhan's arms proved to be the best thing in the world already, but now that she knew that she would, by a high chance, never be torn out of them, she felt joy that was impossible to be expressed by mundane words.

As if she had been blessed, she felt like nothing ever could go wrong. It made all her previous worries disappear, all her fear be replaced by love she wanted to show so much.

Seeing her daughter's overwhelming emotions, her mother chuckled to herself. She could still recall the day she had been chosen quite clearly. Just like Maya, she had been worried for nothing, her frame shaking slightly as she listened to all those names she knew and didn't, waiting to be called. It was only her third ceremony, meaning that she would have still had a pretty long time until she should have truly be scared, but she just wasn't able to control her fears.

Still, the moment she had been lead to the hall, she knew that day that she would be chosen. Just like now, she had had a feeling that Maya would be chosen the moment she had seen her fidgeting daughter in the dressing room.

"Mom, I think we'll go now."The tiny brunette's voice pulled out the older woman out of her thoughts. The soft yet cheerful smile that seemed to lit up the girl's whole face was enough for her to just nod gently.

"Okay sweetheart. Have a good time."She answered after a few moments before suddenly pulling her daughter close, right out of Luhan's gentle embrace."I'm happy for you, Maya."She whispered, a couple of happy tears rolling down her pale cheeks."I'm so happy, baby."

"Thank you, Mama."The girl answered, fighting back her own tears as she clung to her mother for a few moments."Thank you."

Soon, Maya pulled away, smiling lightly as Luhan took her hand, gently bringing it to his lips."We're really going now."She whispered, feeling thrilled to spend some time with the boy.

For many years now, it was obligatory that new couples had to spend the first evening of their relationship together so they would be able to get to know each other a bit more. There were many places they could go to, such as restaurants that at those days, were only open for newly chosen pairs, or parks, beaches.

The possibilities were beyond  endless, but only on one condition. By midnight, the girl had to be escorted home. No one knew why, but they rarely even cared. All that mattered at those times were that young couples were allowed to spend some time together without being disturbed by friends or family. They had a short, sweet night out, usually getting a bit more comfortable with each other.

Maya, wondering what they would do, let Luhan pull her away from her parents slowly. Their hands intertwined, she felt like not even through the enormous crowd could she be lost. Such a small touch provided so much comfort to her, she felt like she was being quite ridiculous.

But for some reason, as they were finally free from the stuffy air and many couples like them rushing around, sometimes just going in circles, she felt like it didn't matter.

As long as Luhan was with her, nothing else seemed to matter anymore.