Perfection

Meant to Be

After some time, the couple slowly made their way to the park. Maya was cuddled close to Luhan's side, looking at the people that would pass them with her stunning, cheerful smile. Although already, she was quite tired because of all the things that had happened to her throughout the day, she was beyond overjoyed to spend the remaining hours of it with the one she would spend her life.

Luhan was wearing a similar smile. He couldn't contain his excitement, he felt like he was holding the most stunning creature in the world... like Maya was his only treasure, someone who he needed to cherish and love, to hold and protect until he would perish.

Glancing at the small girl he couldn't help thinking that he wouldn't even think of changing anything about that.

Maya, although frail and petite, was truly something. And Luhan couldn't help but adore her for that.

Honestly, he had always imagined himself being paired off with one of those stuck-up girl who didn't actually care about the ceremony. They knew that they would be paired off now, or in years maybe and because of that, they didn't even try to act as if it mattered to them.

Although, most of them did wear revealing clothes to show off their usually skinny, curvy body.

Luhan shuddered at the thought, a soft smile tugging at the edges of his lips. Instead of one of those girls, he had gotten Maya. Sweet, shy Maya who seemed to genuinely worried about the ceremony just some hours before.

Soon, the pair sat down, both gazing up at the bright blue afternoon sky, watching a couple of fluffy clouds float across the sea of blue.

It was so peaceful, even if quite an amount of people was passing them now and then. They were in their own world, not really caring about what was happening around them. And they liked it this way, to finally have someone so close to them, to enjoy only their presence, to not be affected by the darkness of the world that surrounded them.

Even if deep down they both knew well that not everything was perfect, they chose to ignore it for now.

"So, do you think we could go out for dinner once the sun sets?" Luhan asked softly, his voice breaking the comfortable silence. Still, the atmosphere around them stayed the same, light and blissful.

"I guess so." Maya answered, glancing at their intertwined hands which rested on her thigh. She was sitting as close to her soul-mate as it was possible, her tilted to the side so it was somewhat lying on the boy's shoulder.

"Okay." Luhan said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips as he squeezed the small brunette's hand a little."You're so tiny..." He admitted as he too, gazed at their hands.

"Am not!" Maya retorted childishly, a tiny pout sitting on her soft lips. A dark blush had bloomed on her cheeks that she desperately tried to hide by shaking her head a little so some of her soft hair would fall into her face.

She truly didn't like it when somebody said anything about her height. She just wished that she could still grow just a little so she would be average in height and not small.

"Okay okay, so you're not." Luhan laughed, lightly poking the girl's stomach."But even if you were tiny and you weren't as tall as you are, I would love you."

Torn between huffing in slight annoyance because of the obvious teasing and smiling softly at the sweet confession, Maya just nodded a little, a tiny smile playing on her lips."Thanks, I guess..." She mumbled before squealing cutely as she spotted a squirrel climbing swiftly up the a tree that was near the bench they were sitting on." Look!" She said with a sweetly giggle, making Luhan chuckle as well.

Maya was just pure perfection in the boy's eyes. He couldn't help wondering what he had done to deserve her, but he didn't really care as long as he could hold his precious angel close to him.

"I love you, you know..." He blurted out without even realizing, a smile dancing on his lips. Maya tore her eyes away from the squirrel, slowly leaning in to peck Luhan's cheek.

"Me too." She breathed against the boy's skin before pulling away."Even though I'm a little scared of everything that's happening... I really do love you."

"It's hectic, isn't it? Waking up one day, thinking that you might finally meet the one you have been made for... and actually finding them." Luhan mused as slowly, he reached out to gentle play with he girl's soft hair, loving how soft the brown locks were.

"It sure is..." Maya said softly, letting her eyes flutter shut. Truth to be told, she was exhausted, but at the same time, thrilled by just what Luhan had explained. It all seemed to unreal, better than any dreams she could have ever had... She was afraid of waking up, even if she knew that this was reality. And she loved every single moment of it."But still, I think all the fuss we go through every year, even before attending the ceremonies, the classes where we talk about them, the preparations... I think it's all worth it... What we have now is beyond anything I had ever dared to expect... but it's perfect. I know that this sounds funny, but I really thinks so." She barely whispered the last few words, a soft blush still painting his cheeks a light pink.

Luhan slowly leant in, his lips brushing Maya's as he once again whispered those sweet, sweet words that made both their hearts race with love."I love you.." Finally, he planted a fleeting kiss on those sweet lips before pulling away, glancing up at the sky once again."It's perfect because it has you in it..." He said and he didn't even need to look to know that the girl he loved the most was blushing softly.