Of bus rides and parks

Meant to Be

AN: Um...sorry for the last chapter. Guess it was really bad. Lost a lot of subs *sighs* Anyway, here's chapter five. Can I please ask you to comment and sub...and maybe vote? It would make me really happy <3


Biting into her lower lip nervously, Maya snuggled a bit closer to Luhan. They had decided to take the bus to a nearby park, given that they didn't want to go too far away. Although the latter would have preferred if they had gone to eat as the girl in his arms seemed a bit too skinny for his liking, he didn't really say anything when she told him her idea.

He felt like he would have plenty of time to cover her bones a little. Now, he wanted to spend some time with the one who was so dear to him already. Sure, all these feelings, the wild fluttering of his heart, the sweet compliments wanting to be spoken felt alien to him, but he didn't mind it.

Back then, before he had his stunning brunette in his arms, he had doubted that he would ever get paired up with the one who was meant for him. Although he still had many years, the first two ceremonies he had witnessed had been quite enough to take away all his confidence.

So many people would go home alone from them... And before, he used to be within them. Now, he would never have to walk into that stuffy hall again, he would never have to listen to others being called. Such thrills this brought to him, although he wasn't sure why.

"Hey, you're zoning out!"The sweetest giggle of his beloved tore him out of his thoughts. Maya's lips were curled into a cute little smile, her soft eyes holding a teasing spark as she tilted her head to the side." What's so important that you keep thinking about it?"She asked.

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am."Luhan whispered sincerely, pressing a soft kiss on the surprised girl's forehead." I thought I would never find you, that's all."

For a few moments, Maya stared ahead, a sweet, rosy blush blooming on her cheeks as she looked away shyly."Oh."She whispered, as if she had nothing to say. She repeated the little phrase once more, a stray tear sliding down her cheek. Not from pain, not from sorrow, but from happiness.

"Hey, did I say something wrong?"The boy asked, worry evident in his eyes as he lightly touched Maya's cheek, gently wiping the tear away."Don't cry, sweetheart."

"I'm not crying."Maya mumbled, her blush deepening as she realized how a couple of more tears threatened to fall, the gentleness of her soul-mate still quite unfamiliar, yet touching, sweet to her."Just... It's just that I'm so happy!"She blurted out finally, her voice a little higher than usual as she turned away once again, embarrassed at how some people glanced at them.

"So cute!"Luhan chuckled, grabbing the girl's chin lightly. He tilted her head towards him, gazing into her soft eyes that were shining from bliss."I know, Maya. I'm happy, too. But you should never cry, not even out of happiness. Maybe today is magical, I have the most stunning girl in my arms, the one who will be by my side for many, many years. Just one day doesn't deserve your tears."

Maya struggled to blink her fresh tears away as she threw his arms around the boy's neck, clinging to him as if her life had depended on the blonde. And it did. Right now, she felt like all her joy, all her sorrow... it could be only caused by Luhan. Joy from his presence, just his bare touches, the soft contacts between the two of them, while sorrow from his absence.

Although, there were many other factors that decided one's happiness, Maya felt like that all of them could be connected to the boy who held was right now holding her tight, whispering soft, sweet words to her.

"Sorry, I think I'm a bit emotional."The girl mumbled after a few minutes, just as the bus came to a stop. She blinked, looking out the window in confusion before her cheeks flushed a deep red."It's our stop!"She exclaimed, her heart pounding loudly in panic as she leapt up from her seat, dragging Luhan down the narrow stairs of the bus. They were quite fortunate, that they had chosen to sit right in front of the double doors.

Just as the pair had reached the ground, the brunette stumbling a little, the bus drove off.

Maya winced a little, her palm pressed against her chest as she caught her breath. Although the short time they had to run had been nothing, the fright was causing her heart to race, her head spinning just a bit despite how she slowly realized that everything was okay.

"We could have just gone to the next stop, you know."Luhan chuckled, although worry radiated from his eyes as he gently sneaked his arms around Maya's waist, pulling the girl flush against his chest. He enjoyed having the frail body of his beloved pressed against his, providing him with a certain warmth.

"Well, yeah. But the park is here."Maya mumbled, giggling quietly as she slowly calmed down, leaning back against Luhan's chest with a content smile. She let her eyes flutter close, the sensation of being safe and loved slowly enveloping her, making her let out a blissful sigh.

"Next time when you decide to pull a stunt like this, missy, tell me."Luhan laughed softly, turning the petite brunette in his hold. He slowly leant in, planting a small kiss on her sweet, soft lips.

As they just stood there, all their plans about going to the park forgotten, they felt like they could never be happier.