_1_

Too Eternal

It was another rainy day in your fall break. The sky was grey and looked like it would cry. You (Lee Minah) were looking at the kitchen window wanting something interesting to happen.

There was this guy, my new neighbour, standing outside with his cell phone. He is pretty handsome I think. He had light brown hair, muscular body and was pretty tall.

Suddenly he turned around and looked at you through the window. Totally embarrassed you turn away.

‘Now he must think I am a stalker’ you thought. ‘I don’t even know his name and there is no way a guy like him is single.’

 

Every following holiday day you took a look out of the kitchen window, just to see him stand outside with his phone.

But today was different. It was your last free day and of course you stood there and glanced at him. This time there was a girl with him.
She shouted at him while her cheeks were full of tears. He stood there and let her talk. Then suddenly he threw her against a house wall and punched her in the face. Blood was everywhere over her body, but he didn’t care and left her there.

 

 

The next day you woke up early to get to school. You hate school (well, who doesn’t), you were a nerd and no one in your class liked you.

You put on your clothes, had breakfast and took the bus to school.

 

You walked into the new class room and of course there were lots of classmates around the queenkas and kingkas in the front corner. You ignored them and took your seat in the back row.

“I hope you had a nice holiday. I have someone to introduce to you”, your English teacher Mrs. Kwon said. A boy came in. The girls were whispering. “This is Luhan. How about you introduce yourself?” But you didn’t listen anymore.

So his name is Luhan. The boy in front of your house. The boy with his cell phone. The boy who hurt that girl.

“I think you can sit down next to Minah.” You looked up and saw him coming closer to you.

“Hi”, he said. ‘He was even more handsome ‘, you realized.
You just stared at him. He looked at you and smiled sweetly. “I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you.” You ignored him and tried to focus on the English period.

 

When the lesson was over you immediately stood up to get away from Luhan. But he followed you. “You should show me around”, Luhan said. “Ok, this is the cafeteria.” You sat down at a table and took out a sandwich. “Since I am new... Don’t you want to know where I am from?” he asked. You sighed. “To be honest I don’t care.” And you kept on focusing on everything except Luhan.

“Uhm okay. Enjoy your sandwich then, Minah.”

 

 

You ran outside… the only thing you saw was the bus leaving. “, I missed the bus again.” I turned around and saw Luhan behind me.

“I guess I have missed the bus too… We should walk home together?” he suggested. You just nodded. ‘As long as I don’t need to talk to him’

“You live next to me right?” Luhan asked. You looked at him. ‘There’s no way out. I have to talk now.’

“Yeah, I think so.” – “You finally talk to me!” – “Are you happy now?” He nodded and smiled like an idiot. He looked really cute while doing this.

“Where are you from?” You finally asked him. – “I’m from Beijing, my family moved to Korea last month.” – “Your Korean is really good.” – “I’ve been learning Korean since I am in 2nd grade.” – “Ah, I understand.”

You tried not to be so weird and talked to him more freely.

“How about we meet later and you show me around?” Luhan wanted to know. – “Okay.”

You didn’t notice that you have arrived in front of your house.

“Good. I’ll pick you up at 4PM then. See you Minah!” He waved before he entered his house, next to yours.

 

You were sitting at the kitchen table with a bowl of Ramen. ‘Maybe that with Luhan and the girl was only fiction? Maybe he is just a sweet and handsome guy from China?’ you thought. The noodles were cold now and you just put the bowl away and ran into your room to search for something nice to wear. ‘I should give him a chance.’ And a moment later the bell rang. You opened and met Luhan who looked even better without a school uniform.

“Let’s go!”

 

You showed him around everywhere in the city and now you two were walking at the Han River.

“It’s nice here” he said. – “I know. Better than Beijing?” – “No, but I will enjoy it here…with you.”

You wish you haven’t seen him with his girlfriend the other day. You wanted to like him…

“You are nice, Minah. Why were you so mean to me in the beginning?” – “I’m shy. Hardly anyone likes me.” – “I like you. Let’s be friends.”