뭐하세요

Bound By Destiny

뭐하세요 (Mweoh-hae-yo)

"What are you doing?"


It was neither Sulli or aunt who greeted me when I arrived at the airport, but a taxi driver in his 50's. I wasn't the spontaneous type but I wasn't going to pass out on the chance to surprise my bestfriend.

"Miss where are we off to?" he gave me a warm smile while putting all of my bags in the back of his car. 

"Here ahjussi." I unwrapped a piece of crissed paper that had Sulli's address written on it and handed it to him. He had a look at it and gave me a re-assuring nod while proceeding to open the passenger door for me. 

The journey to the centre of Seoul was tiring yet exhilirating. The dull grey clouds were replaced by the clear blue sky and instead of being faced by the never-ending painting of grass that surrounded the motorways in Canada, different types of buildings and scenery had me kept awake. 

It was dark by the time we stopped in front of a two-story house Sulli apparently resided in and after helping me get my bags out of the car, the taxi driver waved me goodbye and headed off. I stood in front of the door deliberating on what to say for a minute when I finally pressed the doorbell.

"Open the door!" I heard Sulli's familiar voice shout inside the house all of a sudden. In response, I turned the door knob to let myself in according to her instruction, but it was still locked. Confused, I pressed the doorbell again.

"Aish seriously it's your turn next-" I heard someone other than Sulli nag. 

"Surpri-agh!" I screamed in fear and took a step back from the unfamiliar guy who opened the door and towered over me.

"Who are you?" 

"And what's with all the bag?" he asked with confusion all over his face while scratching his head. "Sulli-yah!" he shouted.

At that very moment, Sulli who was squinting at this point appeared from the inside and froze for a second before beginning to slowly walk towards me. "Are you kidding me?!" she squealed as she finally ran towards me. She pushed the guy out of the away to grab me by the shoulders.

"I cant believe- What are you doing here?!" she squeaked as she swapped between looking at my face and giving me a tight hug.

Sulli's house was probably good enough for 4 to live in. As soon as I entered, I was greeted by the lounge which had 2 sofas and a TV hanging on the wall. As I looked further, a dinner table good for 6 was in place. The staircase that led upstairs served as a seperation.

She led me upstairs while the guy, who kindly offered to carry my bags, trailed behind us. On the first floor, I was greeted by a narrow corridor that lead to 4 other rooms. "How many rooms does one person need?" I curiously asked her before we finally stopped at a door.

I know that Sulli's family are somewhat able, but to be honest, this house was just ridiculous. For someone who moved out to rebel against her dad's wish, I can't believe they're still providing her with such space.

"One..." she responded while she unlocked the room. She was about to open it when she turned to the guy and said, "What are you doing?"

"Why why why? Y-you're letting her in just like that?" he accusingly pointed at me, "H-how do I know she's not a murderer or a...a..."

"Go!" she raised her eyebrows and shooed him off.

"But jagiya!" he forcefully handed me back all of my bags and pushed me out of the way to cling onto Sulli. The latter struggled but managed to shove him off herself, "Sungyeol-ah get-off!"

"I want to see your room too!" he stomped on the floor like a child. Was this what they called 'aegyo'? Sulli quickly opened the door and pulled me in, shutting it immediately after me. Stunned at what just happened, I remained in silence.

"Don't you be thinking of anything." she paused and frowned at me.

"I wasn't." I truthfully replied, "But now that you've mentioned it...jagiya" I grinned at her.

"Boy we have a lot to catch up on." she shook her head while holding in a chuckle.

That night, Sulli and I tried to reduce the ten years we've missed out on into 8 hours without missing a beat. She confessed how she found it ridiculous that I moved out of Canada because of Wonho and I told her I would've moved out regardless because my parents were always on my back for lounging around the house after not passing my first year. She told me I'd love Woollim High, and moreso the people in it.

I decribed to her how ugly Wonho's new girl is and she told me how much prettier her real mum is to her step-mum. I told her that if I stayed in Canada, I would've definitely moved out of my parents' house too, and she told me that this house isn't actually hers, she's just a rentee.

I also learned that Sungyeol, the lanky guy who opened the door for me just then, attends the same school, and is also her housemate. I asked her if it wasn't awkward sharing a house with the opposite , to which she replied, "Opposite or not, my rent's still smaller than if it was only me renting here." Sulli, my best friend has finally become practical. I suddenly missed the spoiled little girl who taught me how to spend money.

"So is it or is it not?" I asked again.

"Well...it was at first, it's not like I didn't know him, we were referred here by our school's social worker after all, but he was just a nobody I took no notice of before."

"And now he's just a somebody you can't stop thinking ab-"

"Yah, will you stop it?" she laughed and nudged me.

"Why?" I quickly laid on my side and balanced my elbow on my pillow while I rested my temple on my palm ready to hear her excuse.

"His bestfriend's my ex."

I laid my head back against the pillow. It sounded like a plot to any movies we used to watch, it was one pathetic excuse. But as silence engulfed us, I was suddenly left to ponder upon how awkward it would actually be if say, Wonho went out with me and then Sulli afterwards. "Very awkward." I groaned making Sulli laugh.

"Well, not anymore, it was ages ago, and it's not like either of us took it seriously." She explained. "Actually he even owns the room opposite this."

"What?" My eyes widened. Sulli laughed at my reaction. "Where is he then?" I asked remembering that it was only Sungyeol I saw tonight and I was actually a bit curious as to who Sulli could've possibly gone out with.

"I think he's actually back from his holiday abroad today." She shrugged, "I don't know he doesn't really sleep here much anyways." She yawned as the rays of sun slowly lighted the room signalling us to finally go to sleep.

 

 


Hello readers, it's me again ^^

It's been ages since I last updated, I'm sorry! I'm sorry if this update's disappointing as well, it's just that my exam results are out and just, stressed.  

Anyways I promise I'll do better!

Thank you for subscribing again, the comments are much loved x