숙명

Bound By Destiny

숙명

"Fate"


"Isn't that funny?" He smirked following it with a very sarcastic not to mention irritating "Ha. Ha. Ha". He then grabbed his pen and began clicking it furiously, filling the gap between us with a much more annoying noise. He suddenly stopped, leaned towards me, and asked, "Bae Suzy do you believe in fate?" Is he mocking me right now? "No." I carefully placed a finger on his forehead and was slowly pushing him away from me when he grabbed a hold my wrist and beamed, "But we-"

A marker hurled towards our direction out of nowhere only to hit him on the side of his head. I stiffled a laugh because I was close enough to see it in slow motion. Everyone's head turned towards us and soon enough, murmurs grew louder. 

"Kim Myungsoo." our teacher exasperatedly sighed deeply slouching her shoulders as so. The murmurs stopped. Ah yes, so that was his name.

"Using inverse log on this equation gives A a value of 0.91 teach, then just substitute that to the real equation, so X equals around negative 5.61." Myungsoo, who was by the way now back lazily slumped on his chair, answered oozing out confidence which didn't seem right on someone who wasn't paying attention in the first place...And wait. I'm sure he spoke in Latin.

"SO WHY ARE YOU CAUSING SUCH A RUCKUS?" She bellowed as she slammed her fists onto her desk.

"I was just telling the new student how my summer was, sorry teach."

"But not-" She exhaled, "...during my class Myungsoo." The bell rang. Everyone including Myungsoo simultaneously stood up and exited the room as if they've finally been let out of prison. I don't blame them, Maths is difficult.

I headed toward the lockers Sulli and Sungyeol told me to meet them at, while everyone rushed past me, bumping against me as if I wasn't there in the first place. As if I was invisible. If I thought it couldn't get any worse, a girl bumped into me with such force that my books fell onto the floor. "Are you kidding me right now..." I muttered as I quickly bent down to pick them up before facing whoever she was when she suddenly asked, "Yah, are you new here? Are you stupid? You shouldn't even-"

"Be there." Someone else completed the sentence as I felt them grab me by my elbows standing me straight up, making me drop my books again. They then hurriedly pushed me into a corner next to the lockers. The next thing I saw was the back of that person hurriedly walking back to where I was stood at. "Oi you." He nodded at the girl who bumped into me.

"O-Oppa." I heard her tremble the supposedly endearing term.

"Shouldn't you say sorry?" he coldly asked her in a flat-tone as he leaned against the lockers to face her. Kim Myungsoo. The very same person who grinned from ear to ear and foolishly asked me if I believed in fate, that Kim Myungsoo, now with a stone-dead expression on his face stood in front of some girl who's now picking up my books from the floor. The people passing by the corridors halted to take a look at what was going on. Most of them murmuring to each other. I took it as a chance to go back to the same spot and pick up the books myself.

"I'm sorry!" She cried bowing before running off. I stood up from the floor to finally face my knight in shining armour, as if. "Thanks but you didn't have to be so...mean you know." I muttered beneath my breath while I ordered the books by its sizes. I suddenly felt someone knocking on my skull, "Hello? Is anyone here? Yoohoo!" Myungsoo sarcastically asked. I swept his hand off with mine, "Excuse me-" and he managed to grab a hold of that hand, "Excuse yourself-"

"Myungsoo-yah?" Sungyeol placed his hand on Myungsoo's shoulder and turned him around, making Myungsoo let go of my hand. 

"Yeol-ah!" Myungsoo's face lit up with excitement as he quickly latched onto Sungyeol and gave him a hug, "My bestest friend where've you been?" He squealed excitedly like a little child. For a moment it seems like the ice-cold Myungsoo a minute back then never even existed.

"Shouldn't that be my line? Myungsoo you haven't even- you haven't gotten in touch with neither of us since summer began do you know how worried sick we were about you?!" Sungyeol started punching the latter playfully as Myungsoo made a face to me, trying to mock Sungyeol.

"Wait it's 12.30...Uh-oh..." Myungsoo started taking a step backwards, "I'll see ya later!" He saluted at Sungyeol before running off in the opposite direction. I shook my head at Sungyeol asking for an explanation but he just shrugged and lead me towards the cafeteria where Sulli was waiting. 

"How was Maths?" was Sulli's first question to me after we all settled down with our food and drinks on a rather long table in the cafeteria. I can't believe this. Who even is she?

"Maths was Maths you know." I shrugged opening my lunch box- which ended up in my bag after all, thanks to Sungyeol.

"Was there anyone who caught your attention?" she winked at me. There we go. There's the Sulli I knew. Sungyeol shook his head at her and looked like he was judging her being before continuing to eat his lunch. "What?" Sulli innocently asked him as he managed to mutter "Boys already really?" while chewing his food.

"Yeah Min's in my class" I interrupted before they start bickering again. I said Min before his face flashed before me and guilt surged through my veins, "...actually...what do you know about Kim Myungsoo?" I finally admitted as it was true that he was an odd individual and I wanted to know what was so odd about him. After he told me that he spent the whole summer thinking about me or my name, our teacher threw a pen at him before asking some question in Latin and Myungsoo answered it, in Latin too, and how he, okay, he helped me go through the hell which was the science corridor...

Sulli and Sungyeol simultaneously echoed a "No..." in a tone as if I've just failed them after I told them why I happened to ask about him. Sulli's eyes widened, "The whole summer? He said that?" I nodded as I took a sip of water. Sungyeol clicked his tongue and chuckled "Really huh?"

"Stay away at all cost." Sulli warned as Sungyeol passionately agreed.

"From who?" I flinched when I heard someone's voice snap right next to me. I turned around only to be faced with Myungsoo's grinning face. I suddenly felt my face getting hotter. "It is none of yo-"

"Myungsoo-yah." Sungyeol finally spoke up. "You. We told her to stay away from you, jerk." He bluntly replied as I felt my eyes unconsciously widen at him. If there's one thing I liked about Sungyeol, it was how open he was, but right now, his transparency wasn't of any help. I mean for all we know Myungsoo could beat him up into a pulp right now I mean the corridor scene just keeps flashing at the back of my head and who was that Myungsoo? Does he have a twin?

"Why?" The latter replied with a dark chuckle before casually putting his tray down and sitting next to me. He shook his head at Sungyeol when he jokingly followed up with, "Am I really that bad?" He scoffed and I swear I saw him glance over at Sulli who quickly looked away from him. 

No.

It can't be.

Don't tell me he's-

"Suzy," Myungsoo snapped me out of my train of thoughts, "Don't listen to Sungyeol, he," Myungsoo lazily pointed his fork towards Sungyeol, "stole my ex-girlfriend."

 

 

 


Hello, it's hischerrytomato here,  

FIRST THING'S FIRST, I APOLOGISE SO SO SO MUCH for procrastinating this fanfic. It's been MONTHS since I last updated, I didn't mean to leave the 50 of you hanging I'm so sorry, it's just been so so busy and I couldn't fit updating this in the schedule of things. Secondly, thank you so much for giving this fic a lot of love<3