세상 참 좁네요

Bound By Destiny

세상 참 좁네요

"It's a small world"


Ex-boyfriend. Kim Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo, the ex-boyfriend. The same jerk on my plane, my Math's class, the science corridor, and now next to me, the jerk who broke my best friend's heart- "I hate cheese." I heard him mutter. I sighed and tightly gripped my spoon to contain the urge to punch him for creating the awkward atmosphere.

Why did Sulli even- "Suzy-yah," Sungyeol chuckled as he leaned forward to pat my head, "I'm sorry on behalf of this nutter," he pulled a face at Myungsoo, "for making things awkward. Ha-ha! All three of us are actually on good terms now!" Sungyeol happily emphasized as Sulli looked at him as if she could kill him on the spot right now. The statement was supposed to ease the tension but the table's atmosphere just got more intense. 

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and shook his head while smiling. "Yeah yeah, I suppose it's okay to steal people's girlfriend." He rolled his eyes and put his fork down as he raised his eyebrow, as if he's looking for a challenge. A part of me wanted to take him on but another part of me hoped that he was just joking, I mean he did call Sungyeol his best-friend 30 minutes ago in the science corridor.

"I'm joking!" He laughed, "It's so easy to press your buttons gosh" He laughed even more and then turned to me, "So anyway my Bae Suzy, how's Woollim High so far?" I nearly choked on my food. Why did he divert the attention to me, and...

My? Something is seriously wrong with this guy. "Hey Myungsoo, instead of terrorizing her, how's third Jiyeon doing?" Sulli, my saviour, interrupted.

"Why?" Myungsoo asked Sulli while pointing his fork at her, "Are you perhaps jealous?" he followed up. I nearly choked on my food, twice in one seating.

Sulli's mouth opened and made an 'O' shape, and all of a sudden, Sungyeol interlaced his fingers with hers and held it up high for Myungsoo to see, "Why would she be jealous?" 

The atmosphere just got more and more intense with every bit of dialogue everyone was contributing. If I could look back into my life and find a time where the atmosphere was thick enough for a knife to cut through it then this would be it. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure Sungyeol and Sulli weren't even going out in the first place so why did Sungyeol- my focus involuntarily shifted from both of them to Myungsoo who looked taken aback for the first time since I ever saw him. Or maybe it was just me.

"These three are very um awkward no?" I heard someone chuckle and I looked to my right to see Sunggyu smiling at Sungyeol and Sulli. I laughed and nodded. "Oh- hyung." Sungyeol stood up, while taking Sunggyu's hand to give him a hand-shake.

"So are you two official now or?" Sunggyu asked as he took the seat next to Myungsoo, "This guy still crying about 4 years ago?" he laughed as he patted Myungsoo's head who huffed and pouted like a little child, "Hyung~ I was joking~" He huffed. "Well you're making Suzy feel awkward no?" Sunggyu chuckled.

When I first met Sunggyu at some party this summer, I always thought he had an aura of being superior, the alpha male, but seeing how he is with these three, it wasn't that at all but he genuinely eminated the warmth of an older brother, someone who you can trust to put things in place. From the moment when Sungyeol stood up to greet him, and when Myungsoo became a little kid in front of him, I knew then that Sunggyu is someone I can too, trust in. 

Thankfully, the next half-hour of our lunch was less-awkwardly spent listening to Sunggyu's story about his holiday trip to Costa Rica and then the bell rang signifying that it was time for the next period.

It turned out that I was luckily not only in Myungsoo's Math's but we also shared the same English class. He offered to walk together and I regretted saying yes ever since I heard and felt people looking at us. At one point I swore someone even cried as soon as she saw us. Hopefully that wasn't third Jiyeon as Sulli and Sungyeol liked to call her, but speaking of third Jiyeon, "So I had a girlfriend called Jiyeon before, wait, I actually had another one but that one wasn't official, anyway, wait, what was I talking about again?" He laughed while staring at the ceiling. I looked at him. Unbelievable.

"You were saying how we're here, thank you." I replied while opening the door to our English class.

"Suzy here!" I looked over and saw Sungjong, that guy from my Maths, waving to an empty seat next to him. Thankfully, I didn’t have to sit next to Myungsoo, though the latter still managed to be of some sort of distraction by clicking his pen really loudly – he was eventually told to go outside when our teacher’ve had enough of the noise he was making.

My first day in Woollim High was eventful to say the least. I found out that Sungjong was actually our class president and I basically spent English being told how to act proper in this school, which people to stay away from, and who to befriend. Half of my focus was on what Sungjong was saying, and I guiltily spent half of it looking at the faces Myungsoo was making out of the window – though I wasn’t alone. Girls around me were silently giggling. He was mad.

I had to walk home alone because Sulli and Sungyeol stayed behind as they were enrolled in some after school classes. I really don’t know how these people do it. I got home to see the lights on the hall already opened, and heard the sound of frying. I was scared that one of us left the stove on and so I ran towards the kitchen only to be greeted by the scent of steak being cooked.

My stomach grumbled, and then I saw him. Kim Myungsoo cooking something. I wish I was kidding- though what did I expect? I knew Sulli and Sungyeol weren’t going to be home. And more importantly, a part of me already fit the pieces in the back of my mind - Myungsoo was the long-awaited third housemate. Though a part of me still didn't want to believe it, for the thought of Myungsoo living with us three, destroying harmony just didn't sit in well with me.

"W-what are you-" I stammered.

"H-how did you get in?" Myungsoo’s face suddenly became paler – he looked more shock to see me than I was to see him.

"I LIVE HERE." We both said at the same time.

I knew that Myungsoo was the third housemate yet I didn’t want it to be the reality. I was in so much denial that a chuckle managed to escape out of me, "Don't even- stop fooling around," I backed away, "Look, I won't tell either Sulli or Sungyeol, just...just get out now." I pointed the hall to him directing him outside. Only he didn't budge.

"Look Suzy," His face finally gained back its original colour as he put the knife down and his hands up while slowly walking towards me, "You're clearly new here," He bent down to my level, our faces inches away from each other. I couldn't move. My mind told me to move yet I was just stuck looking straight into his eyes.

"I live here." He calmly said bursting that tiny bubble of hope within me. "And so do you. And..." His eyes shifted from mine to my lips before he straightened up again and cleared his throat while backing away, "And-and Jiyeon's coming over, so..." He mumbled while looking on the ground.

 

 

 


Hello again! My exams are coming soon so I leave you this update for a while (Well, I'm halfway through writing the next chapter but there's no promises I'll finish it ASAP) I'm sorry if it's all over the place! If you have any questions leave it below :)!

Someone asked me what's up with the titles in Hangul for each chapter - Um, it's really only mainly because I didn't want to give the whole chapter away through its English title, so I decided to translate them in my own language, I thought I was being creative at the time but now looking at it, it seems a little...childish? I'm sorry!

Anyway, thank you for giving this fic a lot of love, I love reading your comments on it, it gives me inspiration to continue on writing even though my mind's all over the place too 
I hope you enjoyed this one and please look forward to the next chapter MyungZy shippers~