The Second Time

Underneath That Cold Facade (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No way. There is no way that there will be such a coincidence. Kai stared at you in utter shock. 

First, you two live in the same block. Second, you two go to the same school. Now, even the cafe where he got a job at. 

Part of Kai wanted to deny that you were the daughter of the boss but another part of him was glad that you were her daughter. He couldn’t come up with any reason why he thought this way, it was just how he felt. 

However, Kai snapped back to reality, probably quicker than you did for you still had on an expression of utter shock with your mouth hanging open. Not the best expression, you could admit. 

What a sight. This girl really comes up with the most exaggerated expressions ever. Kai tried to suppress a grin with much success. 

Your mother clapped her hands together in enthusiasm. “So now that I have done the introductions, I would like to say that you,” she tapped Kai’s shoulder, “will be working with my daughter very often now. I hope that you two will be able to work well together!”

Kai turned to sneak a glance at you. However, you were staring at your shoes and fiddling with your fingers behind your back. Once again, Kai tried to suppress a smile. He had to admit, you looked pretty cute like that.

Your mother hits your shoulder. “Minjung, stop looking down. Are you listening to me?”

Instantly, your head snapped up and you nodded. “Yeah I am.”

“You are always daydreaming,” she clucked her tongue, “anyway, I want you to teach Kai how to make coffee. You can start off from teaching him latte and cappuccino since these are the more basic ones.” 

You slowly turned to look at Kai only to find out that he was also looking at you. Instinctively, you tore your eyes away from him and back to your mother to save yourself from feeling awkward.

Your mom looked down at you, “Minjung, is that okay? Or do you have alot of school work? In that case, I can ask Chanhee or Daehyun to teach Kai.”

You hastily shook your head. “No of course not. I can teach him.” 

“Great! Kai, I hope that is fine with you? I can assure you my daughter makes great coffee so you won’t have to worry.” Your mom looked at Kai expectantly. 

Kai slowly nods.

At Kai’s response, your mom pushed two of you into the kitchen to begin the coffee lesson. 

You looked around the kitchen and noted that only the two of you were in the kitchen. Alone. 

Silence shrouded the kitchen as Kai looks at you, waiting for you to start. He breaks the silenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter