Kai

Underneath That Cold Facade (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai hastily turned away from you and made his way past the corridor towards the lecture theatre with Kyungsoo in an attempt to escape the attention. Besides, his class was about to start and there was no time for strolling. 

A huge thud suddenly rang behind Kai. Kai was momentarily stunned and stopped in his tracks. That thud sounded like someone falling to the ground and it seemed Kyungsoo shared his sentiments for he turned to Kai with his signature big eyed expression ( O_O). Kai briefly glanced at Kyungsoo from the corner of his eye and slowly looked behind him out of curiosity only managing to catch a glimpse of a girl who seemed to have fainted. He was about to turn away when a wave of realization hit him. His eyes widened. It’s that girl! That girl that stays in the same block as me!

Kai’s protective instinct immediately kicked in and he rushed towards the crowd already forming around your limp body, ignoring Kyungsoo’s shouts behind him. He pushed through the crowd and made his way to the front. Kai was right. The girl who had fainted was indeed you who stayed in the same block with him. 

Breathing heavily, he crouched down and felt your forehead. It was ice cold. Cold sweat had also started to break out around your forehead. Anger suddenly started to froth in him. He looked up, glared at the crowd circling you and barked, “All you guys can do is to stand around without doing anything about this? Can’t you see that someone fainted here? No one informed the teacher? Really pathetic.” 

By then, Kyungsoo had already pushed through the crowd to the front. He tapped Kai on the shoulder. “You know this girl?”

Kai stared blankly at you and replied, “It’s that girl I told you about. Help me inform the teacher that I will be late for class.”

"Wha-"

Without waiting for Kyungsoo’s reply, Kai carried you off the ground bridal-style and dashed to the sick bay. He pushed through the door of the sick bay and the nurse in charge hurried towards the bed and hastily set it up before Kai placed you down.

The nurse looked at you worriedly and turned to Kai. “What happened to her?”

Still panting heavily, he breathed, “She fainted. I don’t know why though but she is breaking out in cold sweat and she is really cold.”

“Okay, I will tend to her. What’s your name?”

“Kai.”

The nurse smiled gently and passed Kai a form. “Kai, could you kindly come over here to fill up this form and you may leave. Thank you br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter