Once Again

Underneath That Cold Facade (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hugged your textbooks to yourself as you made your way to the library for your routine studying. You walked past the spot where you fainted 4 days ago and your thoughts wandered off to Kai once again. 

Ever since you saw Kai smile, that absolutely beautiful smile, you had been trying to get him to smile again but to no avail. It wasn’t that you were not making enough effort, it was just so hard to crack the tough nut that Kai was. 

You let out a sigh and continued your way when you spotted him from the corner of his eyes. Kai! Your eyes widened. His chestnut brown hair was lightly tousled like always and he was with the friend that was always with him. You thought for a while. His name was Kyungsoo or something like that, pretty popular in school too but not as much as Kai. 

Kai and Kyungsoo seemed to be rushing off somewhere, or probably from the bunch of typical fangirls secretly squealing and trailing them from behind. Just then, Kai turned to your direction and locked gazes with you. 

Not wanting to waste any chances, you gave him your brightest smile in hope for that dazzling smile in exchange. But, no. Kai stared at you expressionless, then turned back and continued on his way. No smile. Not even a slightest change in expression. You were disheartened and you frowned. This must be the 100th time I’ve smiled at him since the past 3 days and he doesn’t even offer a smile? Tough nut to crack.

Kyungsoo however, gave you a curious look, before turning away. He made a mental note as he walked on to the next class with Kai. This girl may be the key.

Finally, school had ended. You waved to all your friends before heading to your mom’s cafe. Your mom had a cafe just a few streets away from the school and you had to admit, it had quite a reputation around the area. Sometimes when you were free, usually after school, during the weekends or during holidays, you would head down to your mom’s cafe to help out since business there was quite busy at times. 

You held onto your bag straps and hummed the tune of ‘Badman’ as you made your way out of the school gates towards your mom’s cafe. You made a small right turn into a different street when you spotted him. Kai. He was walking in front of you. That back view was unmistakable, after all, he always turned his back to you when y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter