Thank You

Underneath That Cold Facade (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was him. He saved me...That boy. He’s Kai. You were still trying to recover from the shock. It was true, you had heard alot about that Kai senior, the one that many girls have their eyes on but were too afraid to approach, but you never knew...that boy living in the same block as you was Kai. 

You looked out of the window of the bus pondering over the whole incident. Didn’t he leave? How did he know that I fainted? Why did he help me? Unanswered questions bombarded your mind and you instinctively shut your eyes and rubbed your temples. All these thoughts were driving you crazy but you wanted to thank him so badly.

Finally, the bus reached your bus stop and you got off. Hope filled your heart. He would be there won’t he? I mean we always end up reaching home the same time so I’m sure he will be there. You tried to reassure yourself. You quickened your steps towards your condominium and looked around expectantly. No Kai. Maybe he’s already at the lift. You bit your lips and hastily made your way to the lift. Still, no Kai.

You couldn’t deny the disappointment that instantly filled you. What luck you had today, really. First, you fainted in school. Second, it was the rare day that Kai was not home the same time you were. “Crap.” You muttered under your breath. You thought that it was best to go home first and wait till evening when you were sure Kai would be back. The lift finally reached the ground floor and you entered dejectedly. A sense of loneliness washed over you. Apparently you had been so used to Kai’s presence that being in the lift without him felt weird. 

Soon, evening came. You were back at home and every single hour, you were checking back at your watch, quietly anticipating the moment. Yes, that moment. After you got home earlier, you immediately started to plan for that moment. After all, you couldn’t afford to embarrass yourself in front of Kai. You had planned to go up to Kai’s level and randomly press on any of the doorbells of the four units on the level. It was a stupid idea, you knew, but it was better than nothing right?

You checked your watch. It was 8pm, the perfect time. Okay, its time. Come on Minjung! I know you can do it! Fighting! You took a huge breath and left your house. You were lucky that you noticed the level Kai was staying on. The lift soon came. You steadied your breath and walked in. You scanned the buttons on the panel and pressed 9. As the lift brought you up to the 9th floor, you couldn’t help but mutter, “Okay Minjung, you’re just here to thank him. You have to thank him for helping you.” Filled with a new wave of determination, you pursed your lips together. I’m gonna do this.

You were at the 9th floor. You looked around at the four units. Out of the four units, Kai was staying in one. You scrunched your eyebrows and tapped your foot. Which should I try first? You wanted to thank Kai really badly but you didn’t want to make yourself a nuisance to others as well. 

After a long contemplation, you decided on the unit nearest to the lift. It was a random decision but there was still a one quarter possibility that that was Kai’s apartment. You bit your lips and carefully pressed the doorbell. Seconds after, a tall female opened the door. She looked down at you curiously. “May I know who you’re looking for?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter