Chapter 2

Tamed

 

 

 

Two Peas in a Pod


 

 

Hyukjae heave a sigh as he patiently waits for Donghae to come home.

It’s midnight already; Hyukjae watches the moon glowing on the opened window, wishing the other would jump again through it. Hours pass and he didn’t see even a soul so he just end up thinking of the other. How his face look so hurt that time, that time when he rudely say things about him.

He can’t deny it but Donghae is indeed scary but thinking it again and again, it’s just so mean of him. Who is he judge someone beforehand?  Even though the latter may have those sharp eyes, he can’t just say he’s a bad guy when Donghae hasn’t done anything wrong to him.

Hyukjae then thinks that maybe he did hurt Donghae’s feeling and must apologize to him. The only thing he has to get rid of is his fear and he definitely doesn’t know how.

 

--


Hyukjae is early than usual, maybe because he’s tad too anxious on how he’ll face Donghae. To calm his nerves, he decided to take a walk around the university. It’s quiet than usual and it’s perfect for relaxation but it didn’t last long.

Not too far from where he came from, he already heard noises of people fighting. He identified one of them as the school prince, Choi Siwon. Not that he’s an admirer of him—like no way—but because he’s also one of his favorite targets since Hyukjae is such a weakling.

Luckily today he’s not the victim but he can’t help but to feel sorry to that poor one who gets the beating instead of him. Out of curiosity, Hyukjae peeks, his head protruding behind the wall just to see a guy being cornered by Siwon’s group.

His eyes widened when he realized it is actually Donghae. The brunette is being shoved to the lockers, slamming his body on it. He wants to help the other but his shaking body is no help and he’ll probably end up being beaten again. So he doesn’t have a choice but to gulp the bitter feeling in his throat while he watch the other’s pitiful figure.

 


“How dare you to look at me like that? You just glare to me, the prince here and you’re not even apologizing, you filthy guy!”
 


Siwon yell as he grips Donghae’s shirt yet the other manage a calm state, not even flinching on the treatment he’s receiving. With that, it only annoys Siwon, making to release his rage but before he could even move a finger, Donghae grab his arms and then pushed him away.
 

Accidentally, Siwon falls on the floor face first and Hyukjae take note it must have hurt a lot. His friends help him to stand up while Donghae just absently stare at them. He is just standing there not until he turns his head, meeting Hyukjae’s widen eyes.

In no time, Donghae already run from his sight while Siwon curse at him for hurting his face. Hyukjae is just too shock to process everything but when he realize that he may get caught, he also find his way out. While running he analyze what just happened and he couldn’t help but to ask himself,

 

“Did Donghae just run away from me?”

 

--

 


As expected, Hyukjae meet Donghae in their class but the other won’t even look at him and he’s such a scared cat so he can’t even approach him. He just keep on stealing glances of the other when the door blast open, revealing a furious injured Siwon in front of his teacher—since Siwon is just a rich brat.

Their teacher called Donghae and Hyukjae already knows why. The teacher starts on lecturing Donghae, saying he’s disappointed for a transferee like him to act like this and it keeps on like he’s already making a fool of the innocent guy. He asked for Donghae to apologize for hurting Siwon but the latter didn’t even open his mouth and just dumbly stare at them.

Not only the teacher but even Siwon feel offended by it that’s why Donghae got punished by standing on the corridor with his hands up. Hyukjae watches on how Siwon snickers as Donghae walk outside the room, he just feels it’s too unfair for Donghae.

Just because he looks scary doesn’t mean his already the bad guy. Then something clicks in his head, he realize that he’s no different from Siwon and his teacher. He said mean things about Donghae and he even said he looks like a murderer.

Without thinking, Hyukjae stands up, startling everyone in the room.

 

“What’s the problem Mr. Lee?”
 

“I—I didn’t make my project so I need to be punish also.”
 


Then without any ado, Hyukjae already leave the room with a dumbfounded Siwon, teacher and classmates. He then found no Donghae outside so he decided to run after him. All he could think that time is to talk to him and apologize, and he doesn’t even mind the project he worked hard for because it doesn’t matter.

Nothing else matters.

 

--

 

After almost touring the whole school, Hyukjae find himself too tired to move. His feet bring him to his last resort, the rooftop. Cold breeze of air welcomes him as he open the door, making him to feel light somehow.

He watches how the clouds would move above him but then something ticklish pass through his knees, making him to look down. Then there it is, the cat he saw few days back, staring at him cutely. He wonders how this cat gets to be here but whatever it is, he’s too happy to care.

 

“How are you little fella? Did you miss me because I really really really miss you!”

 

Hyukjae squeals as he picks up the cat, embracing him in his arms and then sways it a bit. He keeps on turning around but he immediately come into a halt when he sees him standing in front of him. Donghae just look at him emotionlessly, and Hyukjae still get shudders when he sees his eyes.

That time he’s just too nervous that he didn’t notice the cat jumping out of his arms, slowly purring to the latter. Donghae kneels to pat the cat’s petite figure while it keeps on meowing. Hyukjae watches them in adoration, he doesn’t know why but he just finds it cute.

A few minutes after, Donghae let go of the cat and walks back. It makes Hyukjae to panic; he doesn’t want to lose this chance so without thinking he yells to Donghae.


“Don’t leave yet!”


It did stop the latter for a while but not for long did he already make Hyukjae to lose his breath again when turns around to meet his gaze. The nervousness creeps on Hyukjae’s skin but he is determined to face this. Slowly he walks towards the other but Donghae only walks back that he have to take bigger step to approach him.

The cat just innocently looks at the two who’s chasing each other. Hyukjae is almost running just to catch Donghae but the latter is just too fast for him. Getting annoyed, Hyukjae lunged to Donghae, tackling him on the floor.

 

“Ha! I got you now!”

 

Hyukjae cheers as he finally got Donghae under him but after that, there’s an awkward silence between them. Hyukjae slowly move himself away from him, saying sorry for thousand of times to Donghae. He doesn’t know what to do, now that Donghae thinks of him as a weird. He gulp the fear left in him and look at him directly to his eyes, those eyes that hunts him.
 


“I-I just want to apologize for what I had said last night. I really didn’t mean to hurt you and I’m such a bad guy for judging you just like that. Also, you can stay in the apartment since you pay for the rent and I don’t really… I don’t really hate you!”

Uhmmm…”

“Really! I swear! I don’t hate you at all! In fact I kind of think we can be friends if you want to but if you don’t it’s okay I just want to say I don’t hate since I—“

“H-hyukjae-ssi… is not… bad p-person?”

 

Even though Donghae talk in an awkward accent and he do stutter a lot, Hyukjae manage to understand him and give him a nod. Then he sees the other’s mouth to twitch a bit, maybe that’s his way of smiling before Donghae kneels down before Hyukjae.

Hyukjae just dumbly looks at him as he brushes his head on his hand then somehow his hand move to touch his hair, making him to whimper in delight. Hyukjae finds it fascinating so he pat Donghae’s hair more, just like what he always do to animals. He’s too pre-occupied by petting Donghae that he didn’t realize he’s getting to close. He slightly stops him from doing anything, making Donghae to look at him.

 

“A-aren’t you too close?”

“I am r-remembering …s-scent.”

“That’s my c-crotch!”

 

Donghae deeply frowns because of that and he swears his heart clench painfully. His usually scary eyes now look innocent like those of a sheep and Hyukjae immediately fall for it, saying to Donghae not to be upset. The other only grins then stand up, and there he discovers that the latter is shorter than him which only adds up to the many reasons why Donghae is cute.

 

“H-hyukjae… be friends… okee?”


Donghae cutely asked Hyukjae who only nods since he’s too move of seeing this side of him. Never did he think that canine teeth can be this adorable. Also that time, he didn’t realize he’s already been captivated by this adorable beast.

 

 


 

 

 

 A/N: 

Because it isn't happy without typos (LOL im just a lazy bish)
Anyway, if you're annoyed by Hae's stutter+bad+engrish then...
I can't help it okay? it's cute >O<

Also! I have to share Hae's teeth 'cuz it's freaking adorable!!!

thanKYU for reading^^
And comment okay *winks*

--heechan27