Chapter 3

Tamed

 

 

 

The Lamb and the Stump


 

 

 

“I love you 143, you are 486. Sending 143, we’re so diff—Ah!”


Hyukjae accidentally gulps the water he is about to spit out, making him to cough in disgust since the toothpaste tastes gross. He then looks behind to the one who startle him but he couldn’t yell at him at all because he’s jus lookst too innocent. Donghae has his head peaking out on the doorway of the bathroom, staring at him wide eyes.

 

“Y-you scared me. Do you need something?”

“H-hungry… want f-food…”

“But didn’t we just eat chicken? And it’s late now, I don’t think I can—“

 


Yet the puppy stare of Donghae waken up his guilt, making him to surrender once again. He then leads him to the kitchen so he could prepare at least ramyun to him. Donghae watches him with amazement in his eyes, even the littlest thing like turning on the stove but Hyukjae doesn’t mind because let’s be honest; this guy is just too cute.

When he serves it to the latter, he immediately lunges to it even though it’s kind of hot. Then this time, Hyukjae is the one who observes him. Hyukjae can’t help but to wonder where did this guy come from, about his family or even the tidbits of detail about him. He don’t know but he’s just too curious of him, just like when he first saw him on the park, where he jumps down the tree like it’s nothing or how he throw himself outside the window and having no scratch at all but the what he is curious about is how the scary beast changes to this adorable and lovely guy. Many questions keep on rushing in his mind that he can’t help but to ask him.

 

 

“Donghae, why are your eyes like that?”

“Is… Hyukjae… s-scared… me?”

“No, I’m just wondering since you really have… distinct eyes.”

 


Just by that, Donghae shove the bowl away, facing Hyukjae and moving close to him, close like locking his eyes with him. Hyukjae then gulps as he got to see his face up close and Donghae’s breath is really tickling him but luckily, the brunette quickly retreats back.
 

 

“Now… not scary… a-anymore?”

“H-huh?”

“I’m… n-not like it… wwhen Hyukjae… s-scared”

 

Hyukjae blinks, trying to reciprocate what Donghae had just said. Did the latter cared to him that much? After that, a smile couldn’t help but form in his face while pinching Donghae’s cheeks. It’s like everything he does is just too cute plus the innocence of him urges Hyukjae to squish him like a stuff toy. Donghae’s lips then twitch again like he’s trying to imitate Hyukjae’s smile making the other to laugh out loud.

 

“Donghae, what am I supposed to do with you? You don’t even know how to smile!”



Then he reaches out for Donghae’s face, curving his face to a smile then after that, the latter keep that expression making Hyukjae to laugh more so Donghae frowns since he thought the other is just making fun of him—which is half true. Hyukjae tries his hardest to stop because he doesn’t like to deal with an angry Donghae, now that he’s kind of sleepy already.

He immediately insists on sleeping already and Donghae agreed but since they only have one bed, he just lends it to the other. Yet before he could grab an extra futon, Donghae tucks the hem of shirt while patting the left part of the bed.


“S-sleep here… Donghae… not m-move”


Hyukjae blinks for some minutes before he realize he’s already laying beside the latter. Why can’t he refuse Donghae anyway? He mentally asks himself but after seeing the peaceful face of him, he just quietly closes his eyes, feeling somehow more comfortable than usual.

 

--

 

Unlike what Donghae had stated last night, Hyukjae stir from his sleep finding him being hug by a koala. The latter’s arms and legs are thrown all over him that his movement are quite restricted, adding up his face buried on his neck, making him to tingle with the warm air brushing through his skin.

 

“D-donghae… we’re getting late for scho—aw!”

 

Hyukjae wince in pain when Donghae accidentally hit his face with his hand. The oblivious guy slowly opens his eyes, seeing Hyukjae touching his face with a painful expression. Worried if the other is okay, he innocently asks him,

 

“A-are you… okee?”
 

And because Hyukjae is seriously hurt, he of course says,

 

“Yeah! Totally fine!”

“But… face is… r-red”

“I’m just cold”

“B-but…”

“Let’s get ready for school shall we?”

Uhm…”

 

--

 

Well, usually Hyukjae would walk alone to school but now, he got Donghae as his company. Of course he feels somehow strange having someone together with him but it’s strange in a good way. He feels less lonely now, and adding up that this fella is a cute one, his mood is really up for today.

Reaching the school grounds, many students have gathered but just like the Red Sea, it split into half as they walk through. While Hyukjae already the reason behind it, Donghae is quite unaware about it but nevertheless he’s not really letting him to know it.

As they stroll to their designated room, they got to walk pass the field were few students are playing soccer. Hyukjae stare at them in awe but unfortunately, the ball was kicked towards him but before he could feel the expected pain, Donghae easily catches it. He could only stand there since he’s breathing still isn’t stable then after a second, he found the players approaching them while mouthing apologies.

Then out of the sudden, Donghae hands them the ball but after seeing his face, they hurriedly away as if Donghae is going to harm them.  The poor guy could only watch them confuse and Hyukjae immediately soothe him by patting his shoulders.


 

“D-did… Donghae… do wrong?”

“Of course not! You’re just too cute that’s why”

 

After hearing it, Donghae didn’t look delighted by it so Hyukjae got worried if he had hurted the brunette. Hyukjae bit his lips as he sees the growing frown on the latter’s face but before he could say something, Donghae already open his mouth to speak.

 


“B-but… they’re… c-cute too”

“H-huh?”

“Cute… them”

“I mean why you are saying this now?”

“But no w-worry… Hyukkie is…cutest”

Oh

 

And so they start to walk again while Hyukjae is still in daze, completely oblivious that Donghae had given him a new nickname and the fact that the redness of his face kind of brighten.

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Sorry for the late update!
I kind of forgot about this and yeah, the deadline is near!!!
It's quite hard to write this since I only have 2 chap more
But yeah, I have to finish this soon though :P
Sorry for the stuttering Hae~
I'll clear everything about him next time^^
thanKYU for reading anyway^^
and comments are very much apprecited :D

Also, I'm on a hype of Henry's 143 that's why Hyuk is like that~

--heechan27

 

 

15 days left before the deadline >o<