Chapter 4

Tamed

 

 

 

 

Troubling Feelings


 

 

“Hyukkie! Look! Look! I can write my name now!”


A still wearing an apron Hyukjae runs toward the room, seeing a squealing Donghae who’s shoving a paper towards his face. He then grabs it from him, seeing the hangul characters 이동해 written several times all over the paper. Donghae snugly grins toward him before bowing a little bit, brushing his head towards the other. Hyukjae then softly pat him—a habit Donghae really loves him to do to him.

Few weeks had passed since they first met and many things did change. Like them being closer and Donghae learning more things about writing and speaking properly. Now, he don’t stutter anymore but maybe some time he would misprounounce some words but it’s still better than what he had use to be. Also, he’s learning the proper way of writing, not that he doesn’t know but Donghae couldn’t control his strength at all. So Hyukjae made him to practice costing him a dozens of pencil before making it.

Yet will all of those, Hyukjae still thinks he’s really lucky for having Donghae with him. Now, his life is more enjoyable and colorful, not like the old him where he leave alone and yeah, his life is really boring back then.

His thoughts are all wash out when he hears a knock. He hurridly untie his apron before Donghae says he’ll manage it. Hyukjae is reluctant of allowing him since he don’t know who is it—since he don’t really have any relatives—but he couldn’t say no since he already smell his burning dish in the kitchen.

 

“If it’s a bad guy then quickly lock the door okay?

“Alwight Hyukkie!”

“Lee Donghae, what did you say?”

“A-alwight”

“Again?”

“Alright!”

“Good. You should remember—the food!


Donghae chuckles as Hyukjae run towards the kitchen, trying to revive his cooking. Hyukjae curses under his breath as he stares at his ruined masterpiece. Maybe they’ll have noodles again for tonight, he sigh in dismay before he heard a loud yell from Donghae. He unknowingly grab for a prying pan before lunging towards the entrance only to meet a yelling Donghae while hugging an unfamiliar guy.

 

“W-who—“

“Uncle Chullie!”

“C-chullie?”


Hyukjae could only stand there as he watches the two hugging each other tightly. Somehow he could feel a sudden tug in his heart but he couldn’t really understand why. But after a few minutes they abruptly stop, noticing the poor guy in front of them. The other guy with a red hair slightly bows at him, making him to greet him also.
 

“Oh! Hyukkie, meet my uncle!”

“I-it’s nice to meet you…s-sir”

“Oh don’t call me that! Just call me Heechul okay? And by the way, you are?”

“It’s Lee Hyukjae”


The Heechul guy starts on glaring at Hyukjae that he feels like he’ll melt soon but fortunately, Donghae grabs his uncle to enter the house. He really feels uneasy meeting Donghae’s relative leaving alone that this one is kind of eccentric. All he could do now is to follow them and wish that this guy will leave already.

Donghae guided him to their room—since they don’t have a sofa—and his relative keeps on looking around while muttering something to himself. He couldn’t help but to feel nervous somehow so Hyukjae take a chance to leave by getting some tea to serve their guest.

After calming down a little bit, he comes back again with a drink for Donghae’s uncle and he take note how the older stare at him from head to toe. Hyukjae awkwardly smile as he watch him slowly drinking the tea before he suddenly mutters,

 

“So, this is where you huh?”


Hyukjae is too shock that he suddenly hit his head on the wall, making the other to chuckle loudly. The thought of doing that especially to Donghae never came to his mind, not even a chance and now his uncle thinks they’re doing it. What the hell?

 

“Y-you’re wrong! We are not like that!”

“Yeah? Then why are you holding a pan back there as if you’re a knight in shining armor trying to save your princess?”

“I w-was just worried… it d-doesn’t mean anything e-else!”


 

While Hyukjae is fuming red and Heechul teasing him nonstop, the naïve guy Donghae could only stare at them, wondering what’s happening.

 

“Uncle, what is ?”

“Ah Donghae I don’t think you should—“

“Actually my dear Haehae, it’s a fun game between two person who really likes each other like horseback riding and many more enjoyable things”

“That must be fun, right Hyukkie?”

Ah… Hae can you go check the food in the kitchen please?”

 

Donghae wrinkles his nose on Hyukjae’s sudden request but still willingly do so, leaving the two guys in the room. Hyukjae nervously look at the other while Heechul could only stare at him amuse. After a few moments the older stands up before sitting in front of Hyukjae, making him to gulp a bit.
 

“Don’t you want to ask something Hyukjae-ssi?”

“A-about what?”

“Like things related to different positions when you—of course it’s about Donghae you idiot!”

 

Quite baffled by being called an idiot, Hyukjae still can’t help but to be curious somehow. Yes, he is living with Donghae for some time now but he barely knew him. It’s like his life is a complete mystery and now he has the chance to learn things about him.
 

 

“Are you even curious? Fine, I won’t tell you!”

“No! No! Please let me know more things about… Donghae”


 

With that, Heechul smirks before opening his mouth to tell things about Lee Donghae’s secrets.

 

--

 

 

“Hyukkie are you all right?”



Donghae pats his shoulders making the other to twitch in surprise. Hyukjae’s mind is in haze after the conversation he had with Heechul last night. While he’s thinking deeply, Donghae can’t help but to worry since his friend is acting quite strange now. He then bring his arms to back hug Hyukjae, and again startling him once more but later on he could feel his embrace tighten, Hyukjae realizing how he made to Donghae to worry.

 

“Hae, don’t worry I’m really okay”

“But you don’t look like it at all”

“I tell you I’m just fine, how about we get some snacks first huh?”



The other excitedly claps his hands before jumping towards the nearby convenience store. Hyukjae watches him as he giggles but the thought of Donghae’s past can’t help but to tug his lips into a frown.

 

“You see, Donghae is already an orphan. His parents are both zoologists studying in a forest of Africa that’s why Donghae is raise in the wild. He faces many troubles while living there and even got to witness his parents being killed by a pride…”

 

“Hyukkie look! They got a new flavor!”

 

Donghae shows a banana and strawberry flavor of the milk, Hyukjae give him a faint smile before grabing it from the others hold, paying it to the counter. While he is paying, Donghae can’t help but to feel something about the other and he wonder how to lift his mood somehow.

They continue their walk but now it’s quieter. Hyukjae is oblivious since he’s busy thinking while Donghae suffers on the quiet treatment the older is giving him. He’s not really use to this kind of Hyukjae and it really bothers him on why he is like that.

They’ve reach their room already but Hyukjae haven’t uttering a single word since then. Donghae puffs his cheeks before burying his face on his desk, while winning on how boring today is. He then notices some guy entering the room while grabbing their girl classmate harshly. He immediately stands up to face him, showing his scary gaze making the bad guys to stumble towards the exit.

Hyukjae could only watch everything from his sit, seeing how the girl gives her thanks to Donghae and how the brunette would blush over her compliments. Then few of their classmates gather to praise Donghae, now, he’s being accepted by the class and learning that he’s not really a bad guy at all. He then sees Donghae grinning at him but somehow he couldn’t even give a smile but only pretend that he hasn’t seen it, and instead, gazing on the open window beside him.

 

“…So I really thank you for helping Donghae to live here in the city. He’s kind of lonely and didn’t have the chance to make friends but now, I hope you could help him to socialize to others and have a few people who he could trust”

 

Hyukjae abruptly stands up and made his way out of the room. Donghae could only watch him since the crowd wouldn't let him go but he’s taken aback when the latter turun his back to give him a smile and for the very first time, he felt really cold of Hyukjae.

 

“Oh, by the way Hyukjae-ssi, Donghae will be moving to my place next week so you don’t need to live with him anymore”

 

He finally reaches the roof top, flopping over the cold cement under him. He fists his hands as everything keep on playing on his head. Just the thought of Donghae leaving angers him and he don’t really know why. With all his rage, he hit the floor, scratching the knuckles of his hands making it bleed s bit.



“As if it’s that easy to let go”

 

 


 

A/N:

Since I think you guys are sick of cute things
LOL I just love writing things like this
Anyway, last chapter will be posted on Friday?
IDK but yeah, this'll be over soon TT^TT
And it's so lame I'm sorry!

thanKYU for reading btw^^
Comments are very much appreciated :D

--heechan27

 



for my subbies...