Chapter 1

Tamed

 

 

 

Meeting the Beast


 

 

Hyukjae quickly grabs his umbrella and then run under the rain. He looks around, searching for the cat that he saw last time in the park. It’s just a kitten, maybe a few months old and it’s really cute so when he saw its owner abandoning it there, his heart couldn’t help but to clench.

Hyukjae had always been an animal lover. He always cares for those little creatures but even though it’s like that, he never had one. He remembered years back then when he asked his father to buy him a puppy but it turned out that his mother is allergic to them so he will never have the chance to have a pet. Now he’s already grown up and not living with his parent’s anymore, he still can’t since the landlord of his apartment doesn’t allow animals there.


Sometimes he do think it’s just so unfair since when he, the one who care for animals can’t have it but those who just abandon them like trash can. They’re like humans too, have feelings and also, they should be treasured too. It’s just upsetting some can treat them lowly like that.

After a few minutes of running, he reaches the center of the park and he can’t help but to worry more since the rain has gone stronger now. He then searches for the cat again, then he heard a sound above him and when he looks up, he sees the cat shivering on one of the tree branch.


 

“Go down now! I’ll catch you!”

 

But that cat won’t do and Hyukjae knows he can’t stay longer since he’s also shaking because of the weather. He stares helpless at the cat, wishing it’ll just jump. After some time, he decide to just climb the tree even if he knows it’ll be hard for him but before he could ever take a step, he hears a loud thud.

He quickly looks behind him and then he sees a guy with the cat in his embrace. He felt weird since he can’t distinguish where he came from but also, he’s more than thankful for saving the cat. He slowly walks to him, covering the two with his umbrella.

 

“Really thank you for saving that ca—“

 

Hyukjae’s smile quickly fades when the latter turns around, meeting his gaze. He lose grip of his umbrella causing it fall to the ground but he could careless because he’s too scared now. The guy has rip clothes, face covered with blood and sharp eyes that would likely kill someone.

The other only looks at him expressionless before vanishing with the wind. Hyukjae could only stare, wondering what just happened but after a few moments, fear creep under his skin making him to grab the umbrella before running away to his home.

 

--

 

The night after that is like hell for Hyukjae but he still decided to take a tour on the park, wishing he’ll manage to see that cat yesterday. He feels guilty after forgetting that little fella because he’s just scared. Then after spending hours of looking around, his attempt failed so with a heavy heart, he walks toward his apartment.


His apartment is just a small one since it’s the only one he can afford but somehow he failed to pay the last month’s rent because he just lost his part-time job. After climbing the stairs, he takes the keys from his pocket, he enters, a weird aura welcoming him.


He wonders why he feel odd this time but all his thoughts are washed when a lightning strikes, making him to run inside. The rain starts on pouring making annoying sounds when it drops on the roof. He then changes to his pajama, not minding to eat because he’s just too tired from searching when he kind of catch a glimpse of some strange figure near the window.


He stops midway to look and he swears his heart nearly fall to the ground. A lightning strikes again, making him to see the image of the silhouette. The same beast eyes stares at him and shiver runs through his spines when the latter open his mouth, his canine teeth glistening but before he could react the stranger jumps outside the window.
 

Hyukjae feel paralyzed that time and when the third lightning strikes, he quickly runs to close the window before fainting on the floor. Then again, Hyukjae spend another sleepless night.

 

--

 

Hyukjae just thinks that the heavens loathe him. For two nights he didn’t have enough sleep then he’ll just find out that today, he have to stay in school for hours. His eyelids just keep on drooping that even if he put sticks on it, he’ll still end up sleeping.


He curses that creature who keeps on bothering him. He also wonders if it’s just all his imagination since that stranger jump from a four-storey building. But remembering how his eyes stares at him make him to shiver. It’s like empty hole, like those of the beasts he saw when they catch their prey.
 

While thinking of that strange man, their teacher enters the room with a guy.  Hyukjae then looks up, seeing only the half of his face since his bangs cover it.


“Everyone, welcome your new classmate. Please introduce yourself to the class.”

 

The transferee awkwardly shifted, before opening his mouth to speak and then Hyukjae just left dumbfounded after that. He stares at those sharp teeth that are somehow making him to feel cold.
 

 “I am Lee Donghae.”

 

His voice is so low that it immediately freezes him, even the whole class felt scared of him. The teacher then told him to have a sit and while walking, Hyukjae meet his gaze, making him to remember his bloody figure days back then.


Donghae sit on the back and no one dares to talk or even to come near him. It frights Hyukjae knowing they have the same class and he thought if the other is following him but why? He didn’t do anything wrong right? Why would he harm Hyukjae? He then mentally pats himself, assuring that it’s just a coincidence. Also, as long as he won’t talk to him then everything will be all right.

 

--

 

The bell rings indicating the class is finally over. Hyukjae gathered his things before going out of the room when he kind of looks behind him, he secretly watches the transferee student, seeing others around him talking behind his back. He bit his lips since he somehow felt bad but he just thinks they couldn’t help it because Donghae is just way scary to approach.
 

Then after that, he lazily walks toward his home when the landlady calls him so he immediately runs toward her. The old lady smiles at him sweetly and Hyukjae wonder why.

 

“Mrs. Kim, I’m really sorry about the rent. I swear I will pay you as soon as I can, just please let me stay”

 

Hyukjae pleaded her but she only pat his shoulder while she says it’s now what she’s going to say. Then the lady starts on telling about another boarder and since Hyukjae’s room is the only one available, the guy will stay there. She says that Hyukjae don’t need to worry about his unpaid rent because the latter already paid for it and for the mean time, they have to share the rent.


It made Hyukjae to squeal since he’s just so lucky. Even though he hates sharing, he still welcomes the guy and he’s willing to accompany him if he wants to. After thanking the landlord for saying it to him, Hyukjae then suddenly ask something.
 

“May I know his name?”

“Oh, as I remember his name is Lee Dong… Donghae!  Yeah, that’s right it’s Lee Donghae. Wait, why is your face like that? Do you know him?”

 

Hyukjae feel all his color just vanishes from his face. It is that transferee student she’s talking about? Maybe but maybe not so with little hope, Hyukjae question her again.



“D-does his eyes look… s-scary?”

“Kind of but his guardian assure he’s a good guy. Wait! I still have an appointment, have a good day Hyukjae!”

 

After finishing her statement, the woman finally walks. Hyukjae don’t know how much unlucky he is for being like this. Why him for all the people? Now, he has to deal with that scary guy or worst, he’ll end up being killed by him. Just the thought of it make him to shiver, will he ever survive this?

 

“How could I stay with a scary guy like him? I don’t want to be near because he’s like a murderer and his eyes are—
 

He could only whisper the last word since fear immediately controls him. Lee Donghae stands in front of him, staring at him with those beasty eyes that made him to automatically step back, too afraid to be near him. He then gulps as he finally accepts his death but then the other only mutters something unexpected.
 

“Sorry”

 

Then once again, Donghae vanish in a blink, leaving a dumbfounded Hyukjae. An image of the other flash once again in his mind and Hyukjae has to clench his fist in guilt because somehow he just felt he had kicked a poor puppy.

 



 


 

A/N:

lame is lame... orz
but i really want to write because Hae is just so... asdfhjkl
anyway, I hope someone will like this :P
thanKYU for reading^^

--heechan27