Meeting Shim Changmin

Accustomed to Your Presence

{ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH0eQ-E9k7M ; Replay if you must! ^^ }

-----------------------------

[Morning] [3rd Person POV]

*Ring Ring~*

“Ugh…” Ji Hyeon groaned as she covered her ears with her pillow.

*Ring Ring~*

“Aish!” Ji Hyeon shouted as she slammed her hand on the snooze button.

She looked at the clock, which read 7:15 AM. She widened her eyes as she ran straight to the bathroom, trying to get ready for school as quickly as possible. She wore her usual attire: school uniform with knee-length socks, pigtails, and her big glasses (you know, to fit her “role” as tutor xD). When she was done, she picked up her bag and went into Jin Hwa & Jae Young’s bedroom.

“Yah! You two wake up!! *Bali ! We’re 15 minutes late!” She yelled as she dragged the two of them out of bed.

Jin Hwa and Jae Young slowly got ready; mean while, Ji Hyeon was busy waking up JooRi in another room.

“Joo Ri-ah, bali *iluhna~Get up quickly!!” Ji Hyeon shook JooRi as she turned to the other side, ignoring Ji Hyeon.

“Joo Ri-ah, bali! We’re late!!” Ji Hyeon said impatiently.

*Unnie -ah…5 more minutes…” Joo Ri pleaded half-asleep.

Ji Hyeon sighed as she picked Joo Ri up and lead her to the bathroom.

“Hurry and wash up! I’ll have your uniform on your bed. Jin Hwa, Jae Young, and Unnie will be waiting for you outside, *araso?” Ji Hyeon instructed as Joo Ri yawned and nodded.

About 10 minutes later, Joo Ri finished getting ready and walked out of the house along with Jin Hwa, Jae Young, and Ji Hyeon. Ji Hyeon looked at her watch and cursed silently under her breath.

“Joo Ri-ah, walk faster or else we’ll be late.” Ji Hyeon said as she speed-walked.

“Unnie, wait for me~!” Joo Ri exclaimed as she ran to keep up with Ji Hyeon.

Ji Hyeon picked Joo Ri up by her arms and held her.

“Jin Hwa, Jae Young, let’s run.” Ji Hyeon said as she ran as fast as she could to Joo Ri & Jae Young’s school.

When they arrived, Ji Hyeon put JooRi down gently and dropped off both Joo Ri and Jae Young.

“You two be good. See you later!” Ji Hyeon said to them as she kissed them both on the cheek goodbye and headed in the opposite direction with Jin Hwa.

*Noona, do we have enough time?” Jin Hwa asked, still breathing heavily from the run before.

Ji Hyeon looked at her watch again. ’15 more minutes before the gate closes…’ she thought.

“We’ll make it if we run.” Ji Hyeon said.

“But Noona, I ran enough~” Jin Hwa complained.

“Bali*ka! Ji Hyeon shouted as she started running, dragging Jin Hwa by his wrist behind her.

They were so close to Seoul High, but Ji Hyeon’s legs were wearing her out. She started to slow down as Jin Hwa ran ahead.

“Noona!” Jin Hwa shouted, turning around to see Ji Hyeon behind.

“Aish…Bali ka! I’ll be there!” Ji Hyeon said out of breath as she put her head down.

She looked up a few seconds after to see that the gates were nearly closing. She then ran at full speed to the gate, where she was surrounded by a group of students who were also late. About 20 of them pushed and shoved each other to get through. Ji Hyeon was lucky to get through, along with 15 others (the other 5 students who didn’t make it were punished), but she was pushed to the ground by the crowd.

“Ouch…” She yelled quietly.

She got up to walk, but somehow tripped again, causing her to fall backwards. Just when Ji Hyeon thought she was going to hit the ground, she felt a pair of strong arms catching her midway. Ji Hyeon looked up and saw her teacher and another unfamiliar face look down at her.

“Kim Ji Hyeon, late again?” Ms. Choi asked.

Ji Hyeon got herself out of the stranger’s arms and stood up.

*Jwesonghamnida, *seon-saeng-nim. Ji Hyeon said as she bowed.

“Ohh~and who might this handsome, young gentleman be?” Ms. Choi asked the student next to Ji Hyeon.

*Ahnyounghaseyo, *je ireum eun Changmin imnida.” He introduced himself politely as he bowed.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute!” Ms. Choi exclaimed, pinching Changmin’s cheeks.

Changmin laughed quietly as Ms. Choi cleared .

“Kim Ji Hyeon?”

*Ne, seon-saeng-nim.”

“Follow me.” Ms. Choi said as she slapped Ji Hyeon ‘’lightly’’ on the head.

“Ah, Changmin-sshi, follow me into the office as well.” Ms. Choi said kindly, smiling at Changmin as she turned around and walked towards the office with Ji Hyeon and Changmin following behind.

When they arrived at the office, Ms. Choi went to her desk, which was piled with papers. She took the portfolio sitting on top and opened it.

“Shim Changmin, right?” Ms. Choi asked Changmin as he nodded.

“Ji Hyeon, what classes do you have?” Ms. Choi asked.

“History (Mr. Kim), PE (Mr. Han), reading (Ms. Choi), cooking (Mrs. Oh), math (MissPark), and science (Mr. Seo).” [I’m not sure if that’s the class schedule they actually have in Korea, I’m just guessing here! xD] Ji Hyeon answered.

“Hmm, then Changmin-sshi, seems like you’ll be having all your classes with Ji Hyeon.” Ms. Choi said as she closed the portfolio.

“Since you didn’t make it to class in time, you’re suppose to be in detention after school today. But since you met with Changmin-sshi, I want you to show him around campus today.”

“Ne, seon-saeng-nim.”

“You may go back to class now.” She told them, after writing both of them a slip (to inform Mr. Kim that they were both with her).

“Ne, *algaeseumnida.” Changmin and Ji Hyeon both bowed before leaving the office.

While they were walking, Changmin tried to get to know Ji Hyeon better by asking questions about her.

“Kim Ji Hyeon right?” Changmin asked.

“Ne. And you’re…Shim Changmin?” Ji Hyeon laughed quietly at the fact that they were being introduced to each other again.

“Age?” He asked.

“18, you?”

“19. Siblings?”

“3 younger ones: Jin Hwa, Jae Young, and JooRi. And yourself?”

“2 younger sisters: Ji Yeon and Soo Yeon. Favorite hobby?”

“Hmm, cooking and singing, even though I’m not great at either one.” Ji Hyeon laughed.

“ *Waeyo? What makes you say that?”

“First of all, I really don’t know how to cook anything…one of the reasons why I took cooking is to learn so I can be a good wife in the future haha. Second, singing-wise…I just don’t think I’m as good as others. How about your favorite hobby?”

“Eating.” Changmin said simply.

“ *Woh?” Ji Hyeon laughed.

“Let’s just say…it’s something I’m best at.” Changmin smiled.

“How about relationship status?” Changmin asked when they were getting close to their class.

“Wae?”

“Just curious…”

“Hmm, secret.” Ji Hyeon said as she put a finger to her lips and entered their class quietly, Changmin following behind her.

“Kim Ji Hyeon! Late again?!” Mr. Kim sighed.

“Jwesonghamnida, seon-saeng-nim. I was with Ms. Choi.” Ji Hyeon apologized, handing Mr. Kim the slip Ms. Choi wrote for her and Changmin before walking back to her seat.

Mr. Kim read the note, then he said to the class, “Everyone, this is Shim Changmin, our new student.”

“Ahnyounghaseyo, je ireum eun Changmin imnida.” Changmin said as he bowed to the class.

“You can go ahead and take a seat next to Ji Hyeon in the back.” Mr. Kim told him as he made his way to the back.

Dozens of girls in the class were eye-ing Changmin; spazzing and going crazy over the new good-looking student. On the other hand, Jaejoong, the pretty boy of the class & one of the four kingkas/princes of the school, took notice of Changmin...

To be continued~

--------------------------------

Chapter 1 is finally up! This is only part 1 though, haha. Introductions are usually boring, so I hope you'll enjoy the future chapters (which will hopefully be more interesting!!). The next chapter will be introducing the rest of the characters (excluding Park Ga Hee, who will probably be introduced in later chapters). Comments are appreciated! ^__^

    * Korean translations

  • Bali - Hurry
  • iluhna - Get up
  • Unnie - Used when a younger female addresses an older female
  • Araso - Understand/I Understand (less formal/informal)
  • Noona  - Used when a younger male addresses an older female
  • Ka - Go
  • Jwesonghamnida - Sorry (formal)
  • Seon-saeng-nim - Teacher
  • Ahnyounghaseyo - Hello (formal)
  • Je ireum eun ___ imnida - My name is ___
  • Ne - Yes
  • Algaeseumnida - I Understand/Understand (formal)
  • Wae(yo) - Why
  • Woh - What