04 - Return

The Story Behind - Fiction

The corridor was eerily quiet that day. Boyoung kept walking silently towards the last door. She remembered the last time she was in that corridor; it used to be a bright place, every morning and night. It was just a weird thing to see the place so dull and gloomy.

 

Boyoung reached the last door; her hand lingered over the door frame as rotten memories of her last visit flooded her mind. She quickly shook them off as her fist landed gently on the door. Oddly, the door was left ajar, her gentle impact left the door creaking open for her to go inside Junhyung’s apartment.

 

Cautiously, she stepped inside the place; scanning the quiet interior she noticed that it was empty. Her footsteps were light but the old wood underneath creaked under her weight as she made her way to the familiar antique piano by the wall.

 

She brushed her fingers against the old, dusty keys; it has been some time since she played on it. Looking at the amount of dust building up on the keys, she presumed that no one has ever played on this piano other than her. He wouldn’t have let anyone touch it, not even him. He probably has never touched it ever since I left. Letting out a sigh, she moved on to the bookshelf beside it.

 

She let her fingers run through the rows of books on the shelves, until one book caught her attention. It was her favourite book, as well as Junhyung’s. As her hand brushed over the cover of the book, memories flooded her mind yet again; Junhyung used to tell her the stories he wrote for her, which was in the book she was holding.

 

Flipping the pages of written words by him, she noticed that the old picture of her that she had slipped in through the pages was missing. She sighed. He must’ve thrown it away.

 

Putting the book back on the shelf, she noticed that the work desk wasn’t arranged neatly, which was odd. Whenever Junhyung was done writing, or even just visiting the bathroom, he would arrange his desk properly before leaving his work desk. Witnessing the messy table, Boyoung noticed that there was a book left on the table, with his favourite pen, the pen that she gave him, left by the side.

 

She walked over and cautiously sat down on the seat.  Carefully, she brushed her hand over the cover of the book on the table. Slowly, she flipped the pages to a random page and entered the world of Junhyung’s fiction.

 

 

>> very very very sorry for the slow update and the short chapter T_________T

I promise I'll update again soon :)

the next chapter will probably be a very long chapter, and maybe the second last chapter >.^

Happy Reading loves <3