Chapter 4 - Games And Questions

Hope To The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 - Games And Questions

 

A/N. Let’s just assume that there’s a field in the middle of the outskirts of Seoul and Junsu has a good number of apartments around Seoul haha.)

 

‘The sky is so blue.’  was the first thought that came into his mind as he stared up at the sky, squinting a bit to shield his eyes from the sun’s glare. The wind ruffled his hair playfully and the clouds drifted lazily, allowing him a moment of reprieve from the ever so hardworking sun. With a slight groan, he reached out his hand, patting the grass beside him as he tried to find his phone. He had tossed it somewhere to his side earlier on, before laying down on the grass. Finally finding the object of his search, he pressed the lock button and started at the time displayed on the screen.

 

It was a good 20 minutes pass their original planned meeting time. Where the hall was he? Granted that they were in the midst of preparations for their comeback but still… He was the one who had called him out here. He shouldn’t have done so if he was so busy. Changmin sighed heavily, remembering how he had been in the middle of pawning Kyuhyun in Starcraft when the phone had rang, effectively distracting him from the game for there to be enough time for Kyuhyun to kill off his character while Changmin watched in horror. Frustrated, he had grabbed his phone and answered it without even bothering to check the caller id. “What?” He snapped.

 

The other party had only chuckled and replied, “Why so pissed off, Minnie ah?” Said male managed to calm himself down upon hearing his hyung’s voice. He didn’t want to take his frustration on his hyung, not when it had indeed been a while since they had talked. Although, it had been his fault that he had lost the game.

 

“Sorry hyung. What’s up?” He asked. The line fell silent as muted mumbles could be heard in the background. Changmin stared at the phone in his hand suspiciously before placing it back to his ear. “Hyung?” He prompted.

 

Junsu’s voice came back on. “Sorry about that.” He apologised. Changmin narrowed his eyes but didn’t say anything as Junsu continued on. “Eh, want to meet up tomorrow for a soccer match?” Right. Something was definitely up.

 

“Why so sudden hyung?” The maknae couldn’t help but let some of the suspicion seeped into his voice. Junsu laughed dismissively. “Nothing, why? Scared of losing to me, Minnie?” Changmin accepted the the challenge but let his unanswered question pass. Something was wrong and he would get to the bottom of this. Soon.

 

His reminisce of the past was disrupted when the darkness behind his eyelids became darker. Opening his eyes, he didn’t even notice that he had closed them, he found himself in someone’s shadow. Changmin tensed and tilted his head back a bit. He squinted slightly as the figure bend down, face blocked from the sun’s rays. The singer’s guard was up. Was this a fan?

 

“Changmin? Wacha doing lying down there?” He relaxed. There was no way in hell that he would never be able to recognise that particular voice. Not even on his death bed.

 

“Waiting for a dumb that decided to be late.” He grumbled as he resumed his previous position.

 

“Would it suffice if said dumb took you out for dinner as an apology?” Changmin’s eyes snapped open at that, peering up at his hyung. An affirmative answer lingered at the tip of his tongue but he swallowed it as a sudden thought occurred to him.

 

“That depends. Would the dumb pay for my share too?” He questioned.

 

Junsu smiled down knowingly at the younger. “He would.” He relented. He had made the younger wait under the sun for 30 minutes after all, when he was the one who had called him out here. Even if it was the late afternoon sun. Frankly speaking, Junsu had been afraid that Changmin wouldn’t be here when he arrived, knowing how late he was running. So imagine his surprise, when he saw a figure on the ground and walked over, only to discover that it was his maknae.

 

At that, Changmin finally smiled back at Junsu and stood up, accepting his hyung’s outstretched hand. He dusted his shirt and pants where the stray grass had stuck to him. They had agreed to meet at a field somewhere in the outskirts of Seoul where it was harder for the fans to stalk them there. Suddenly, he found himself flat on his . Again. Just after he had gotten up.

 

“Hyung!” He protested. Junsu had pushed him over! His hyung simply grinned at him and started running off, expertly manipulating a ball that he had procured out of nowhere between his legs.

 

That bastard! Changmin let out a growl and jumped to his feet, racing off after his hyung. He somehow managed to steal the ball from the other and was now trying to avoid Junsu’s advances.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter