Chapter 3 - With Food And Tea

Hope To The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - With Food And Tea

 

It was silent. Way too silent. Yunho groaned as he somehow reached out from where he had been lying on the sofa even though he didn’t feel like moving a inch, and fumbled around for the television remote control. He was desperate for something to fill the silence. The house felt too big for a single person.

 

The leader of TVXQ had just finished filming his drama, the wrap-up party having ended just two hours ago and he had only reached home half an hour ago, heading straight for his couch since the journey to his bed included overcoming the very obstacle that went by the name of stairs.

 

Changmin wasn’t staying with him. In fact, they never stayed together any more after the split, each having enough money to afford their own apartment, which they did. Yet, they have taken to staying over at each other’s houses so often that it seemed like they were still living together. Whatever that Yunho couldn’t find in his house, it would be at Changmin’s house. And vice versa. However this time, they had both agreed to take some time off in order to relax, having been swamped with schedules with barely enough time to breath. And now, Yunho was regretting having agreed to that decision.

 

The low humming of the television set filled the silence. It was more of a background noise than anything. The dancer had switched on the television on an impulse and lowered the volume to the minimum but not all the way to silent. The occasional grumble of his stomach added onto the noise, reminding the male that he had yet to eat dinner, having had an early breakfast and forgone lunch due to the drama.

 

With a tired moan, Yunho pushed himself off the couch and padded into the kitchen. He let out a soft wince as he felt the sore muscles pull and stretched, pausing his footsteps in front of the fridge. Pulling open the door of the fridge, a sigh escaped his lips. What was this? There’s no food in the fridge. An incredulous stare was shot at the empty fridge as the owner tried to ransack his brain of what could possible happened that had led to this certain demise.

 

He had fully restocked the fridge on Friday. It was currently Wednesday. He didn’t come home on Saturday, since there had been an impromptu sleepover at Changmin’s house, which somehow dragged onto Sunday too. And then on Monday….

 

Oh. Changmin. Dinner at Yunho’s house. No wonder.

 

With a tired sigh, he shut the fridge door. And trudged back to his comfortable spot on the sofa. Yet, just when he was about to get comfortable again, the doorbell rang.

 

Not again, Yunho thought to himself as he groaned. Ok, admittedly this was the first time that the doorbell had rung this night. But he just got comfortable! With a childish huff that no one else could hear except for himself, Yunho his side as he attempted to ignore the ringing of the doorbell. Hopefully the person would take the hint and leave.

 

Or maybe not, since there was no sign of the person leaving seeing how the doorbell never ceased it’s ringing. Left without a choice, and as Yunho didn’t want his neighbours to complain, he heaved himself up from the couch unwillingly.

 

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” He called out as he made his way to the front door. Instantly, as if hearing him, the person stopped ringing. “Persistent bastard.” The leader grumbled under his breath.

 

As he flung open the door, the curses died in his throat as he blinked at the person who was currently standing in front of him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter