epilogue.

First Love

(Three months later).

Three months had passed ever since Hyoyeon had recovered from her cancer and she had been trying hard to fit back into her job after a long time of not working. Hyoyeon heard her phone beep and she turned away from her computer to look at it. 

"Free tonight?"

She looked around and saw Eunhyuk anxiously looking at his phone. 

She smiled to herself, amused, and decided to reply him.

***

The dinner they had was certainly enjoyable. Hyoyeon tried to keep it as simple as having a dinner with a friend, but the more time she spent with him, the more warmth she felt, the bigger her smile grew. She silently made a ready decision, as she knew what Eunhyuk would do next. 

They had already finished their dinner, and they were walking along the the dark but busy street at one of the most beautiful places in the country when Eric suddenly stopped in his steps and Hyoyeon stopped too. 

"Hyoyeon, I thought that we could start anew, would you let us?" 

Hyoyeon looked at the ground, not daring to look at him. 

"After all these, was it only my wishful thinking?"

After getting no reply, Eunhyuk reluctantly walked away with slow, heavy steps. Hyoyeon immediately looked up and with much effort, she let herself walk forward to him and held his hand in hers. 

"It wasn't."