2.

First Love

[3 months later]

Hyoyeon kept her feelings for Eunhyuk over the three months. She had heard of the phrase "Get him before he gets stolen", but she never really knew if he was ready for it. Her love for him was strong, but was wavering. The way she felt for him was clear, yet unclear. However, she was already pretty sure that it was love.

She had never really told anyone about her crush for Eunhyuk, to avoid trouble. As said, she was not very sure about it (though she knew it was love. How stubborn she is). She could not yet really understand what was love. After all, Eunhyuk was her first love. A beautiful love she had, and she was not all prepared to let him go though she was neither prepared to have him. Eunhyuk was precious to her.

"Morning Hyoyeon!"

"Oh good morning Eunhyuk!" Hyoyeon said, returning him the smile they both had on their faces. She realised that Eunhyuk was looking at her, and by this she started blushing.

"U-Uh, you have something to say?"

Eunhyuk flashed her a small smile and said, "Um, I now have a girlfriend, I just thought that since we were good friends I should at least first let you know... Maybe someday I'll introduce you two each other..."

Hyoyeon stared at him, unable to react. Then she came back to her senses and said, "Congrats then."

"Thanks" was all she heard from Eunhyuk before he went off.

She sunk into her chair, heartbroken. Her heart was grieving for her other half, scolding and cursing her from inside for not being able to keep him. She finally knew what real pain was. The pain of losing someone you love. Eunhyuk was not hers anymore. Perhaps he wasn't hers at all from the start, and the thought of that hurt her much. She told herself it was a selfish thought, perhaps they weren't meant for each other. We would never possibly be meant for each other, she thought.

Tears began rolling down from her cheeks. Resting her head on her folded arms, she silently cried, trying to suppress to grief inside her but it was too much. She didn't want to attract any attention, but she knew she just could not. She would break down any minute, and her condition would be totally unstable. She wiped away the excess tears on her face, stood up and went for the exit to the washroom.

With much effort she tried her best to calm down, but her heart was taking its toll on her. Her broken heart, the very fragile, innocent and naive one she had. It was now broken and there was nothing possibly to fix it.

Thinking back about what Eunhyuk said, it crushed her even further. After all the times they've been together, they were only "good friends", like Eunhyuk said? Didn't he feel even more? Shouldn't he?

Just then she felt a rush of blood to her nose, and her nose started bleeding without stopping. She tried her best, but it just could not stop. Then after a while, she felt her head coming in contact with the cold floor tile of the washroom.