Chapter 2

BitterSweet Marriage

 

6 years later.

 

Sooyeon is now Jessica. She changed from an old fashion girl to a classic and an attractive girl. For the past 6 years, she studied designing and decorating because she though that if she was famous, He would notice her once again.

 

But she never though that the person her parents wanted her to get married with is him.

 

The meeting between Jung family and Lee family start at lunchtime.

She was so nervous that she even woke up early in the morning. 

 

2 hours till the meeting start.

 

She look at the mirror and apply some makeup to her smooth face and also curly her hair nicely. She even wear the most expensive dress that her mom bought it for her during her birthday.

 

The meeting has start.

 

The Lee family arrived first so they wait for them in the V.I.P room that they already booked for a week.

 

Jessica steps on the room and took a glance at him. He stands up and greets the Jung family very gentle. She smiles shyly because of his caring manner.

 

It’s him, Lee Donghae. The one that always stuck in her memories for 6 years. For the past 6 years he didn’t change, he still look handsome.. no .. more handsome than before. His Charisma always shines no matter what and that makes her fell in love with him even more. The way he looked at her makes her blush hard.

 

Sooyeon looks so beautiful, no wonder why you always talk about how beautiful she is. ”, Mr. Lee gave Jessica a compliment with a smile.

 

“ haha your son, Donghae also looks handsome as usual. ”, Mr. Jung said while laughing and tap Donghae’s back slightly.

The two families talked happily. They gave each other compliments. Mr. Jung and Mr. Lee always teased each other playfully cause they’re childhood friend. Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Lee talk about many things that happened in their life and many more lady things.  Now the two main characters didn’t even dare to look at each other eyes.  She was shy and he was awkward.

 

The elders noticed how awkward their kids are so Mrs. Lee began to talk.

 

“ Donghae-ah, why don’t you talk to Sooyeon? She’s so good at designing maybe she could help you cause nowadays you’re so tough about the new designer that you hired for the company. ”, Mrs. Lee talk to her son.

 

“ My son, Donghae had a very cold personality even though he met a beautiful girl like Sooyeon, he also doesn’t talk. ”, Mr. Lee said while beaming a smile.

 

Donghae took a glance at his parents but then he looks at Jessica and suddenly he turn aside to look at Jessica and he began to talk.

 

“ The snowy fish in here is very delicious, would you like to try some? ”, He asked while having an eyes contact with her.

 

And again, he makes her blush.

 

“ Thank you. ”, she smile and taste the fish.

 

But Mrs. Lee is not happy about her son. His behavior is too cold for her.

 

“ It’s okay by the way today is their first time that’s why they’re awkward to each other but when they’re close with each other, they will talk non stop right? ”, Mr Jung said.

 

“ Dad~ ”, Sooyeon whined at her father.

 

“ Aigoo, Sooyeon is so adorable if she’s our daughter in law it would be good. I always regret for having no daughter. Daughter always cares about parents feeling no matter what! ”, Mrs Lee gave Jessica a compliment.

 

Jessica look down and smile a bit.

 

The two elders talk lots and lots of things that happened in the society that they lived everyday. They’re so happy because sooner their kids will get married and they would have a grandson/daughter, which is the most excited thing ever in their ages.

 

But in the moment Jessica feels that Donghae didn’t really wants to get through this. She though that his parents must be the one who’s behind this plan but not him. She’s always the one who asking him a question and he’s only answered her the question then smile at her a bit.

 

After the meeting had end. Mrs. Lee told them to go out side and walk because she knew that her son is shy and plus he’s cold.

 

He offers her to drink some tea at the very famous Teashop near the hotel that they just had lunch.

 

He gaze directly into to her eyes that makes her blushes so hard and her heart beats so fast until he decide to talk.

 

“ I’m so sorry to say this but we can’t be a couple. ”

 

She was so shocked and speechless.

 

“ Huh? ”, she didn’t only exclaim but her facial expression looks like a fish with no water.

 

“ About today’s plans, my parents are the one who organized everything. They don’t like my girlfriend that’s why they always tried to introduce me to you. ”, He explain her very calmly and with very serious face.

 

 

But Jessica didn’t listen to him. She felt empty in her mind but her heart is different, it’s broken into pieces. The words he said just now is like a knife that stabbed her hard.

“ So it was all a plan? ”, she takes the tea a sip and smile very weakly.

 

“ Hmm yes, but I don’t want you to misunderstand that’s why I told you early because I though the longer It takes the more you’ll get hurt. ”, He said while looking into her eyes deeply.

 

Jessica looks at him with a blank face. She doesn’t know whether she could be happy or sad.

 

“ I also wanted to tell you something, I feels upset too about this. At first I though that meeting you once again could makes you changes your mind but I was wrong. “, She said while wearing a fake smile again.

 

“ We met before? ”, He open his eyes very big.

 

“ 6 years ago in New York, it should be the day before you went to Taiwan. Do you remember you saved one college girl? ”

 

“ You’ve changed so much ”, and again he open his eyes so big while pointing at her.

 

“ I got a lot prettier right? ”, She jokes happily and making her face like some model.

 

“ Still you didn’t look like before.”

 

She smiles and he’s still shocked about it.

 

“ Hmm about the wedding and the date let me help you with it but I have a condition for you. ”

 

“ What is it? ”

 

“ We have to date for like 3 times so I will have a reason for my parents that we can’t be a couple because we’re in the different world. Okay? ”

 

“ Alright, thank you so much. ”, Donghae confirms about it.

 

“ But this date doesn’t count. You have to take me for a dinner 3 times and a movie 3 times and I will tell my mom that we can’t be together and plus I hate your face. ”, She doesn’t feel right while talking about this.

 

“ Okay, and thank for hating my face. ”,
 

He offers his hand to her, She took it and shake it in a friendship way.

Somehow she didn’t feel the same way.

 

She was late for one step, the only thing she can do right now is wishing them last long forever.