Chapter 1

BitterSweet Marriage

 

6 years ago..

 

Snow flies over the tall building in New York City and it also gives a people that walk on the road a shiver.

 

Jung Sooyeon who travel from Korea and lived in New York for the first time wear a thick coat from head to toe is now walk out from a small shop where she worked for her part time job and went directly to her apartment.

 

But suddenly she fell hard to the ground because of a man pushing her.

She tired to open her eyes and get up and she also noticed that her bag is gone.

 

Hel .. Helppp .. Help mee” because of how terrifying she felt, she shouted in Korea which is her own language. All the foreigner that walk on the street are now look at her with a confusing looks but they didn’t chase for the thief who stole her bag early because they didn’t understand what she shouted about.

 

Suddenly she felt something black and big shadow passing by.

Sooyeon take a look at it but she can’t see it clearly because of the snow that falls pass her eyes.

 

Maybe 6 minutes later, she saw a man walk closer to her and that moment she realized that he’s an Asian man and got a handsome face wear thick gray long sleeve. His face looks so handsome but in a gentleman way and his pair of innocent eyes are now locked into her eyes, She stared at him without blinking.

“ He’s gone but you’re okay, aren’t you? “, He asked while bended down to pull her up from the snow.

 

She’s now noticed that he has a pair of strong arm and his hand is so soft.

His muscular body and his tall height made him looks like an American.

 

“ Miss? ”, He talked to her.

“ It can’t be! Where is it? ”, She got up at tried to find her thick glasses that vanished in the big pile of snow.

“ Do you have something important in your bag or not? ”, He said while trying to pick her glasses up for her.

 

Her cheeks are now burning because of how caring he was.

 

“ There is credit card, ATM card and my phone is in there too.

Is there any public phone or any police station near by here? ”

 

Now she felt worried and afraid at the same time.

 

“Don’t Worry and stay calm, I’ll try to look for a police station for you and let me accompany you, alright? ”, He said while looking at his watch.

 

“ You will come with me? ”, She open her eyes very big and asked him with a joyful face.

 

“ Yes, Let’s go! ”, He gave his hand and offer her to take it.

She smiled and took his hand while saying Thank you.

 

They arrived at the police station and she started to tell the police all the things that happened to her just now and she couldn’t say it properly because she’s still terrifying but the young man came and told her to calm herself down. He started to tell everything to the police. She was surprised because of his fluent English.

 

After he settled everything, they went to the coffee shop near the police station.

“ You come from Korea? ”, she asked while took a sip of the hot coffee.

“ Yes and you’re studying in here right? ”

She nodded and smiled at him.

 

“ You’re studying too right? ”

“ Do I look like a college student to you? ”

“ Yeah, you look young! ”

“ I came because of working and tomorrow I’ll go back to Seoul. ”, He smiled at her.

 

After she was told that he would leave tomorrow, she felt to sad and unbearable. She was about to tell something but then she was interrupt by him.

 

“ Ahh, your roommate is here. ”

 

He looked at his watch and he has only 15 minutes left for his meeting.

 

She walked out from the shop with her roommate and took a glance at him.

 

“ Can we keep in touch? I will find a way to thanks you back. ”

“ Nah, It’s okay I don’t mind it at all. ”

“ No! We must keep in touch. ”

 

He was shocked but then smile because of how cute she is.

 

“ Here you go! my name card. ”, He took out his wallet and gave her his name card.

“ You must be careful alright? ”

“ Daeee ”, she nodded and grinning ear to ear.

“ But wait! My name is Sooyeon. ”

“ Lee Donghae ”, he said and flashed a smile to her.

 

She’s blushing so hard right now.

 

Lee Donghae, her one and only Hero.

 

The Next Day.

 

“ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ”, She screamed and looked at the small pieces of paper in her hand.

 

Her roommate kindness destroyed her dream because she took her clothes and washed it for her and forget to ask her what’s inside.

 

Now, Only fate can help her find her first love.