2 Beats

The Last Haven of The Hearts

Jiyong folded his arms watching the bewildered Youngbae. His small eyes narrowed and see through Jiyong, into something that laid inside of him that he didn’t even know what was that. Youngbae in the other hand was trying to catch a sign of jokes in Jiyong’s words, but since he couldn’t get one, so, he forced himself to believe the boy.

“ You are not a homophobic, right?” Jiyong muttered a question.

Youngbae stayed for few seconds before blinking his eyes to answer, “ no actually, but, since it’s my own hyung, so it’s a little bit different.”

Jiyong nodded his head, he understand what was the Mohawk mean. Well, truth rarely told you what you were wishing, they usually told the opposites.

“ Well, to me it is best if Seunghyun is the one tell you about this, but since he’s a bastard so taking it over is best,” Jiyong muttered, now the brown haired boy sat on the couch.

Youngbae let out a tired laugh, he was both surprised and confused. He wanted to ask may thing to Jiyong, he definitely would ask but it could wait, he need to stuff himself first. Youngbae back to the kitchen to do his breakfast. He was too focus on his own thought that he didn’t notice Jiyong was walking to the kitchen too.

“ Youngbae-ssi, want me to make you something?” He asked while stretching his head on Youngbae’s shoulder.

Youngbae voiced his surprise, “ Oh you scared me.”

“ Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to, I’m just trying to help,” he explained.

Youngbae shook his head, telling Jiyong that it wasn’t matter, he told Jiyong that he already makes one. He just felt a strange uncomfortable tingle on his body. The fact that he wasn’t a homophobic, but for a normal guy it never be comfort to be with a gay in an empty room, especially if you use a see-through tee with a messy bed hair. It never be comfortable if you have had a slight memory with some gay-tease in the past. He had so many friend that he close with and later they admitted that they were actually a gay. Youngbae tried not to step back, but their treatment made him to. As for now, he didn’t expect to meet his hyung’s lover in the first morning of his return. He would really need to get Seunghyun explain this matter as soon as possible.

 

***

 

Seunghyun received  a text from Youngbae in the mid of his brunch.

Youngbae:

Hyung. Jiyong is here. I dunno, but just… didn’t we need to talk?

Seunghyun scratched his head, feeling frustrated. He knew it must be went up to an explanation, so now, what explanation could make everything clear. Youngbae might never tell their parents, but it must be awkward to have a real talk about his uality with his dear cousin, with someone who really close in everything with him. He then typed a reply.

To Youngbae:

Tonight. Promise.

He laid his back on the chair.

“ dr. Choi,” he heard a voice and knock from outside the door.

“ Come in,” he said and straightened his body.

“ The patient just wake up, will you check him up?”

Seunghyun blinked his eyes, “ yes sure, please tell him I’ll come in two minutes.”

The nurse nodded and left the room. Seunghyun grabbed his equipment from the cupboard and went to do the check for the new patient. It was almost impossible to get rid of the Youngbae problems, but he needed to pay attention fully to the patient. It was about people’s life, a people who just had his tumor removed from his body. Seunghyun went down to the third floor—one floor under his office—and straight to the patient’s room.

The patient was originally handled by his friend, Dong Wook. Since the other doctor needed to accompany his pregnant wife to meet the doctor, because there were some problems, so Dong Wook asked him to take care of the patient. Besides, Choi Dong Wook is the most probable candidate for the head of new branch hospital in Busan.

The moment he entered the room, his attention focused on a smiling boy who lied on the bed, covered in all white. Seunghyun step in slowly while the boy nodded at him. The nurse just already stood there, ready to record anything might be found about the patient’s state.

“ Hello doctor,” the boy greeted, still smiling.

It supposed to be him who was the one greeted first, but the bright boy took it over.

“ Hi, how are you?” Seunghyun replied, walked closer to the bed.

“ Feeling good, are you going the check me up?” asked the boy.

“ Yes, you will let me do it, right?”

“ Sure, I just need to lay and relax right?”

“ Yes,” he answered and get his stethoscope ready.

Seunghyun did some checks, like on his heart rates, body temperature, and blood pressure. Seunghyun pulled the boy’s white loosen tee to checked the bruises on his stomach.

“ It will heal very soon, you don’t need to worry, and your condition is so good right now,” Seunghyun told him. “ You are recovering so fast.” Yes, it was so fast, he got his tumor removed about three days ago, and now everything was going nearly into normal.

“ I hope so, I think it is because I have a positive thought,” he muttered and followed by a small laughs.

“ Yes, it’ll help you a lot…” Seunghyun said, smiling.

“ Yup, but the liquid food is annoying,” the patient commented.

Seunghyun looked to the pack that contain liquid with a small pipe connected to the patient’s hand. He then checked the composition of the nutritious liquid.

“ It is good actually, but I can’t blame you to say it is annoying, because it is.”

The patient smiled brightly, again. Now he looked straight to Seunghyun’s face, the stare was so intense, and he looked really bright. Seunghyun admitted that  some people have a strange personal charms that could make the other attracted, but he was sure he didn’t have one, while the boy in front of him has a lot. Now, he wondered why would the boy looked at him that way?

“ Doctor Choi Seunghyun, right? Do you know my name?” The patient asked.

Seunghyun arched his eyebrows, “ why are you asking about that? Of course I know.”

“ Because I do pay you a lot attention from the start and I hope you know my name,” he said in a pure and honest manner which was making Seunghyun hold his breath.

“ You are Kang Daesung, 23 years old, and you got a tumor 5 inches from your small intestines, what’s more?”

Daesung smiled more brightly after he heard what Seunghyun just said. His face seemed to be demand more autobiography from the doctor, so Seunghyun recall the information he knew.

“ Ah, the patient who become the topic of the nurses,” he added, smiled proudly.         

“ Woah, I don’t know I have that kind of thing,” Daesung said.

“ Now you know about it, are you happy?” Seunghyun asked.

Daesung nodded, “ but it is because you know my name.”

Seunghyun felt a slight awkward feeling on his vein, he arched his eyebrows and wondered, why was people should be happy when someone knew their name, it was weird. He couldn’t help but smiled to see the boy’s bright face.

***

Later… at the night…

“ So who is this Jiyong exactly?” Youngbae asked, laying his body on the couch.

Seunghyun who was folded his arms now seated in front of his cousin.

“ My boyfriend, we’ve been dating for sixth months, I got to know him from a blind chat on a forum,” Seunghyun explained anything that he thought he needed to.

“ What forum? What is his occupation?” Youngbae asked again, now it was more looked like an interrogation.

Seunghyun let out a heavy breath, “ a silly gay forum, he is a fashion design student and now he is a part time model.”

Youngbae didn’t expect this kind of blunt answers from his hyung, but he glad that his hyung hid nothing.

“  So, do hyung love him?” now the look on Youngbae face looked so serious.

“ Of course,” he answered, but later adding, “ but, Bae, I’m not one hundred percent sure it is love between me and him.”

“ Fine then, it doesn’t matter to me hyung, I was too surprise by a stranger who suddenly come and told me that he is hyung’s boyfriend, while you told me nothing about this first,” said the a-little-bit-frustrated Youngbae.

“ I know I should have told you before, but I’m afraid that you’ll tell my parents,” he said honestly.

“ Seriously hyung, do you think that I’m a kindergartener? You can tell me anything and I swear it’ll never be leaked.”

“ I know…” Seunghyun murmured.

“ From now on hyung, please count on me, you can trust me.”

“ Okay, I will, but… please don’t tell the other, I’m afraid they might be hurting Jiyong.”

“ I know, I will treasure someone you love cause you are the only cool hyung that I have.”

“ Thanks Bae, I think you have grown up a lot.”

“ You are the one who treat me like kid, Hyung.”

 

==========================================================

 

A/N: How was that???? It wasn't an intens chapter right? kkkkkkk. I know it take me too long to update, and I'm so sorry for that. Hope this chapter can be making up >.< I'll update you with the next chapter as soon as possible, because now I'm somewhere deserted, it's pretty hard to get a good connection.
have a great day guys ^______^