LOVED

A Series of Taecbination One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Written in Yubin POV

"Aish!!" I exclaimed when the stick broke and one half of it flew into mid-air.

Thankfully my girls were asleep at home and not practicing with me in the room where I was drumming away so furiously and hard that my stick broke and did a flying spin. It could have hit one of them. Sunmi got hit once by my stick on her head and I sure did not want to repeat that mistake again. She was fine with it and forgave me for being clumsy. This time I was sure if she got hit, I would not even forgive myself since it was a broken stick and could have really hurt her.

As I walked over to pick up the broken stick, I shook my head in resignation. This was my 6th or 7th stick going into the bin ever since I started learning the drums. Blame it on the amount of stress I had been taking in lately since I made the choice of joining that fierce female rapper competition. Yeah, that y Unpretty Rapstar contest. So I was not only busy with drums but rap practice as well. I hardly slept on most days even though sleep was most important to me in my daily regime. I forced myself to sleep every night after I got home from work with the girls, I would bathed and got myself into bed.....but ended up having my mind memorizing raps over and over again. In the end, I gave up on sleep and would have my earphones on with hip-hop music and my brain cracking into all kinds of lyrics. If the boyfriend was around, perhaps I would be getting enough sleep. He would drag me to bed and I would fall asleep in his big warm embrace, usually if we had just made love, sleep would come to me easily because of the..you know... energy wasted.

This sleepless night where I broke my 6th drum stick was when my Taecyeonie was away in Japan, working hard on his concert tour. He called earlier to find me still in JYP practicing my rap and told me to head home before midnight. I obeyed but ended up not being the Cinderella he wanted because by the time I finished rap practice, it was already 1am. So I wondered to myself why I was still wide awake when I could have just rested. During rehearsals with the girls, I would be so tired I actually could fall asleep sitting upright! It was ridiculous! It did not help that my 20secs  Unpretty Rapstar teaser was not very well-liked by many. I got more stressed and here I was practicing past the curfew the boyfriend had given me. I then decided to release some stress on my drum set, only to break another stick. So, yeah, doing more damage than it should be.

The Unpretty Rapstar guerilla concert was the next day and I should be getting that sleep now. It was then that I missed my big baby and wished he was around to carry me to bed and put me to sleep. So I texted him that "I miss him" without realizing it was 2 in the morning already. I ended up getting a call back.

"Why aren't you asleep yet? Don't you have a competition tomorrow?" Taec asked as soon as I picked up his call.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep and didn't realized the time. Anyway I'm on my way home already.. Did I wake you up?"

"I was just done with supper and was dozing off when my phone alerted me. Baby, I think you are pressurizing yourself too much. I knew this rap contest was a bad idea." He complained and I knew the nagging was going to come on. But seriously, getting nagged at in the morning at 2am was the perfect prelude to get me to sleep. Ever since this comeback, as much as he was supportive and excited about it, I had always been keeping a lot of stuff from him to avoid the complaints, one of which were my y outfits for the album and mv.

"Baby, I'm home and I'm going to jump into bed now, ok?" I decided against countering him since I was really getting tired already. And indeed, I fell straight to sleep.

The guerilla concert came and went well. I thought I did ok. When I got home, I was happy to see Taec in the living room chatting with the girls and passing them some stuff he bought on his Japan trip. As I approached him, I held my arms wide open and he lifted me up into his arms.

"My baby!" he exclaimed as he laid a wet kiss on my pouty lips.

"Gosh, guys..." my girls once again grossed out by our public display of affection. Truthfully, Taec and I only did such in the privacy of a home, not at work, not anywhere public in Korea. So, yeah, my girls should cut us some slack.

Taec ignored the girls as he cupped my face. "How did it go? Did you do well?"

I nodded with a smile and he lifted me up again and swung me around in celebratory mood, amongst the loud cheers from the girls.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter