The Cycle

A Series of Taecbination One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We are surprised at your close friendship with the wonder girls. Never thought of dating one of them before?” the cheeky MC asked Beenzino.

“Haha.. It’s not like that. They are great. Actually long ago, I did consider courting Yubin. Haha, but I got rejected.” Beenzino laughed.

Yubin stared at the interview clip in the news article and shook her head. As if the 2015 Wonder Girls comeback news did not spark enough attention, her good friend, Beenzino, aka Lim Sungbin, had to drop a bomb about their past courtship, causing a swarm of gossipy news articles spreading.  She did not completely reject him, more like they agreed on that course of action mutually. Yubin did indeed go on a few dates with Sungbin a year ago but they both knew it was not going to work out. He did not care for paparazzi and would readily admit their dating status if they were caught but Yubin was soooo not going public with a guy she had only gone on a few dates then. She used to date an idol for 3 years before and they were hardly ever near ready to go public.  After Yubin and Sungbin finally chose the friendship route with each other, Sungbin did not waste time in getting into a new relationship with a foreign model.

Yubin was kinda relieved she avoided dating a serial dater like Sungbin but she still had a little bit of regret not knowing how it would have been. Oh well, she decided to swear off relationships for a while and concentrate on her impending comeback with the girls after that. That swear-off did not last for long when the ex, Ok Taecyeon re-appeared in her life, for the 3rd time in their on-off marathon relationship and offered a hard-to-resist rekindling proposition - a vacation in the Bahamas - to make up for the last vacation she had planned painfully but he had to cancel.

Yubin knew Taec meant well and felt her heart going weak again. This was like a vicious cycle. As much as they both reminded themselves they were done with each other, they still harbour a soft spot for each other. She was undecided and Taec caught on to that hesitant reaction.

“If you think it’s too soon, you could take it like a vacation between 2 platonic friends. I just wanna make it up to you with a vacation or else I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. And I won’t get a week’s vacation so easily after that. I know you planned a lot the last time so let me do everything this time, ok?” Taec pleaded.

Could she go on a vacation with Taec…. like platonically? They did not managed to stay platonic for long during the Wonder Girls US tour in 2010 and had secretly dated after sharing their first kiss at the hotel balcony. Now this was not work overseas but a free-to-do-whatever-you-want vacation in a suite which you had to share with your ex. Then again, maybe it could work. They had been friendly exes without getting involved intimately for the past year so why not? Taec gave Yubin a week to consider and she finally gave him an answer – Ok to the platonic vacation(since it would be all-paid-for by him as well).

Once again, the platonic did not last long, not even past the first night of their vacation. Blame it on the wine, Yubin thought to herself. And blame Taec for being back in shape with his chocolate abs, and being a more sensitive sweetheart, making her feel all like a queen. As they lay in bed cuddling after some lazy, loving morning , Yubin told Taec “It’s ironic how I always can’t wait to go back to Korea when I was in the US before….but now, I really don’t want to go back to Korea…to go back to our normal busy lives again.”  

She did not realize a tear fell down her cheek until Taec kissed it away, hugging her tightly to his chest so his teary-eyed face was above her head. He confessed. “I can’t have you leave me again. I don’t think I can handle it anymore.”

It was hardly Taec’s fault for being a busy celebrity and a workaholic. Yubin knew that but it still pulled a strain on their 3-year relationship previously which she finally pulled the plug so they could both move on. After that, he did not have much time to date others and she only dated others briefly. But 14 months later, they were back to square one again, bodies connected on a luxurious bed, enjoying every moment of their rekindled intimacy. Sensing Taec’s achy-breaky heart over her earlier comment, Yubin felt bad for bringing up the past of what was part of the cause their break-up.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t be thinking like this. I know you are trying and I should too.” She promised him.

So they bravely got back to their lives in Korea again with Taec back to his busy schedule and Yubin constantly re-assuring him she was still by his side. When he was overseas, and she was not working, she would be hanging out with the girls at his cafe, to the beach, and to parties even with the once almost-boyfriend, Sungbin. She was supposed to bring Taec along to her BFF Younha's birthday party but sadly he was overseas again. Taec was not too possessive. He let her have her own social outings while he had his own. When he was not overseas and not working, she would naturally ditch her friends to spend some time with him.  

It's the in vicious cycle again. Yubin thought to herself one day while she was getting her hair re-touched and blown at a celebrity salon in Seoul while Taec was away in China. I love him but I hate this.

She slapped the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter