It's Only You

A Series of Taecbination One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home!" Sunmi announced softly as she stepped into the house, quickly remembering it was already past 1am in the morning and the girls might be all asleep by now. She just finished practice at JYP's. For several nights, she had been hard at work, preparing for her first solo mini album and she was dead tired almost every night. A year ago, Yubin and Yeeun lived in a smaller apartment  and it was only in last June that they decided to move to a bigger apartment with an extra room for Lim to live in. And because the new apartment was bigger, Sunmi would bunk in at their apartment occasionally because, well, she loved hanging out with her girls. It was until after 24 hours promotions, that Yubin had asked her to "Just move in with us already".

"Ermm.. I don't think there's an extra room in your apartment for me, unnie." Sunmi highlighted to Yubin back then.

"Well, you always sleep over at Yeeun's or my room so just move in to one of our rooms." Yubin suggested.

"Did you discuss this with the other girls?"

"Nope but my room's open to you, roommate. And I could use someone to share the room rent with me." Yubin suggested.

Sunmi looked at Yubin wide-eyed as Yubin was the last person she would think of being roommates with since she had a boyfriend who regularly visited and slept over as well. But before Sunmi could ask a series of "What about Taecyeon oppa?" or "Are you moving in with him, that's why you are letting me have the room?" or "Don't tell me you guys broke up?", Yubin seemed to have read her mind and said...

"He won't be visiting... or staying over anytime. Don't worry."

And Sunmi knew not to ask any further until her unnie was ready to share more details. So Sunmi finally did move into the apartment a month later and shared the room with Yubin. She was the comforting room-mate, the brighten-her-heart-broken-unnie trustworthy room-mate. But Yubin was not so much the same anymore. She lost weight and lost interest in work and sometimes she did not come home because she went back to her parents' place.  Still it did not stop Sunmi and the rest of the girls to be there for Yubin and be her bestest friends. They encouraged her to start dating again, this time, preferably a non-celebrity this time. And Yubin tried but when it did not work out, Yubin would give the excuse she just wasn't ready for another relationship yet.

But not too long, their friend, Younha introduced a guy to Yubin and they seemed to get along fine. And that was when Sunmi and the girls were all slightly relieved Yubin was finally kind of moving on. But Yubin had to surprise them. Sunmi did not expect the surprise she got when she stepped into the quiet apartment at 1 in the morning that day. All tired and ready to head to a quick shower before a good night's sleep in the room she shared with Yubin, she noticed a male figure sleeping on the living room couch. Wow, unnie sure worked fast. Only a few months of dating and she lets the guy spend the night in their couch already? Sunmi thought to herself, preparing to question Yubin in a while.

Except when Sunmi tip-toed closer to peep at the sleeping stranger, she realized it was a familiar face. The ex. Yubin's ex was back on their couch. That tall fella was in a deep sleep, with a blanket over him. It was a familiar sight. Taecyeon oppa used to always fall asleep on the couch of the girls' old apartment, except now it was their new apartment with a bigger couch and some of his green okcat merchandise were lying around the living hall. Sunmi remembered how Yubin refused to have any of those green cat plushie or slippers anywhere near her. But now she was OK with it?

Sunmi would have headed straight to her room and question her roommate on their on-and-off relationship. Like, you guys are back together?! Gosh! But instead, Sunmi decided to gossip with her other unnie. Yeeun's room door was ajar and the light was still on. Good, she was still awake.

Sunmi peered into the room and found Yeeun on her laptop.

"Hey unnie, is that really Taecyeon oppa in our couch?" Sunmi whispered as she let herself in and shut the door.

Yeeun nodded. "Yup. They are back together."

Sigh. Sunmi let out and shook her head. "What did he do this time to win her back? Or what did she do this time?"

"He composed a song... about wanting her back." Yeeun revealed.

"And she fell for it?" Sunmi asked, and shook her head at Yubin's easy swayed heart.

"Apparently, Taec gave her the cd as a belated birthday present for her but changed his mind immediately and took it back before Yub could take a listen to it." Yeeun continued. "In the end, it got Yub so curious about the song for days that she went to ask some PDs at JYP if they could let her listen to Taec's recent composed songs. But they didn't share it with her, saying she could easily get it from Taec himself. Hahaha! Can you imagine Yub going around asking them for the song?! Anyway, it drove her crazy for weeks so she finally went straight to Taec and DEMANDED for the song."

Sunmi could not help but laugh at Yubin's effort and the extend she would go to solve her curiosity.  

"So I guess she got so touched by the song she cried and cuddled him back into her life again?" Sunmi added.

"Haha. You should ask them how they got back together. Yub would tell you a different version from Taec's. When I heard the story from Taec, I was convinced Yub edited out some embarrassing parts. The part about her secretly asking the PDs for the song, I knew it from Taec, not her."

"Gosh, I must be so busy at work I knew nothing of this going on!"

"You are her room-mate! I would think she told you everything."

"Well, I have been really tired and I guess unnie did not want to keep me up. Now I'm gonna make sure she tells me AL

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter