The Baby-sitter-In-Demand

A Series of Taecbination One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Written in Yubin POV

 “Unniiiiiiii…..please… I need you by my side or else I will get anxiety attack on my first broadcast. I’m begging you!!!”

“Sunmi ah. You have Yeeun and the rest of the girls with you right?”

“Yeeun will be flying off to Japan by then. And Sohee and Lim are maknaes like me and have never been in charge of controlling my anxiety!! It has always been you who keep me calm and give me advice, Unni! Please, Yub yub. Come back early pleaseeee!” the 4D maknae whom I had been watching over in her preparation of her 1st solo comeback was begging me on Skype.

I have been enjoying my 2month vacation break so far and was not expected to return from my chill time in LA until the last week of August.  But this girl had been begging me to cut short my trip to return to Seoul to help her with her comeback. I was still reluctant and told Sunmi it was time she grew up and face the world! She is a solo artist now and has to get used to it.

But Sunmi was not the only one asking me to go back. I got another call from Yeeun.

“Unni. You need to come back early to babysit my Nino. Lim still has her radio shows and 2 new shows which she may need to fly so she can’t babysit my baby while I’m away in Japan. Just come home already!” Yeeun advised, or rather demanded.

“NO.” I stated plainly.

“But it’s only a few days. C’mon!”

Nope, not gonna end my well-deserved vacation a week early just so I can be their nanny. I insist on being stubborn because ALL THESE YEARS these girls wanted whatever from me and got whatever from me. It’s time I FULLY enjoy my vacation and end it only on the official back to work date I have given to JYPE.

I then decided to get some support from the boyfriend and complained to him on the phone about the girls insisting I go back early.

“Well, if you come back early, you could just pass the keys of the house in LA to Junsu, I mean, Minjun.” Taec reminded.

“I thought I’ll just pass him when he comes down here!” I said.

“But he’s now going with a bunch of friends and I think they would need an extra room so if you come back earlier and clear the room, his friends can use it, isn’t it better?” Taec added.

“Why do I always have to give in to EVERYONE???” I couldn’t help it.

“Baby you are only coming back early by a week!” Taec making it sound like a week is nothing much.

Gosh, I’m always giving and giving in to everyone. Do these people whom I love so much know how to give in to me for once?! Can’t they let me enjoy and not disrupt my vacation?! And Taec, urgh, the boyfriend whom I have been dating for so long should be on my side, not theirs!!

 “I AM NOT ENDING MY VACATION EARLY, PERIOD!” I told Taec firmly. “NOT UNLESS IT’S IMPORTANT WORK, OK, BYE!” I hung up.

I miss them, yes, all of them in Korea. I was actually looking forward to go back home but their reasons for wanting me home early is just not convincing enough! They want me back not because they miss me soooo much but more for my baby-sitting duties!

Taec then text me “I love you and I miss you and I’m almost dying here because of a 2-month dry spell so… please come back early?”

“It’s only one more week, baby. Hold it in!” I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter