Chapter TWENTY

Stolen Kisses

Chapter 20

 

Ten more minutes and the class is going to start, I struggle to find my notebook in my bag and check if I’ve brought my assignment. Well, I did and in my surprise Chanyeol pops up in front of me this early morning trying to bother me again. It’s already the nth time he is asking to date him after the freaking drama presentation which turned out to publicize me because suddenly girls started to talk to me and ask me if I could help them in their dates or whatsoever party they are going.

Chanyeol grab a chair position it backwards and seated on it as he face me, he rests his head on my table while his hand is playing on my pen. I just stared at him doing nothing and waiting for him to go back at his seat. Meanwhile Minah thinks this is so cute of Chanyeol asking me out and swearing to never look at other girls but I don’t think so. I just trust Chanyeol as a friend but not enough when it comes to love. Besides that stupid confession he did to me when his sister is there right in front of us is embarrassing me everytime I see Yura-eonnie, I just can’t look at her in the eyes and she always teases me in the hallways calling me her sister in law. However, I know that she just want us to be together yet I might not feel that love they are saying towards Chanyeol because till now my heart only belongs to Luhan-oppa. Hell yeah to this unrequited love!

 

“Chan, class is starting.” I poke his arm as he still rests in my table.

He looks up to me with those glistening eyes that I find so cute yet I need to guard my heart and not fall for it.

“Why won’t you believe me that I’ll only look at you? I like you Seohee, please go out with me.” He said pouting.

 

Aish! I don’t know what to do with this kid anymore. I heard the door opened thinking it was our teacher but it’s not, it’s Sehun and did he just smile at me? Fake a smile at me? His eyes were glum in spite of the little line his lips had formed. He then seated beside D.O. whose busy reading something.

Weird.

 Sehun is definitely weird.

All I thought that he was just having some mood swings last Saturday that he became so kind and gentle, that he was just feeling guilty about the middle school incident, that he was just acting like a mature person scolding Jinyoung but no. He’s not having mood swings because after that day we have never been into a stupid fight, no cussing, no throwing, no glaring, nothing. He’s just acting like we have that normal classmate relationship besides of being housemates. He still does the laundry and I do the cooking, we talked and can you believe that we didn’t even get into each other’s nerves? He’s not even mocking me, he calls me by my name which I don’t know why but its tingling my ears, then he would smile like what he did a while ago when we bump into each other .

The guys are even louder when its lunch time and wondering why we aren’t on fight like we always do. I don’t know what’s happening to him but Sehun is not Sehun at all and I think I missed him. Not literally him because I’m sick of him, I just missed fighting over stupid little things and I don’t know? Maybe I like this better, no fights and peaceful nights.

 

“Seohee, go out with me.go out with me.go out with me.please.” Chanyeol is still on it then he let go of my pen and holds my hand trying to intertwine our fingers.

 

I just face palmed myself mentally. Chanyeol stop it please!

 

“Class back on your seats.” Our math teacher ordered but Chanyeol is not even budging.

 

“Chanyeol, go back already.” I said to him softly not to catch attention from our teacher.

 

“No! Not until you go out with me.” He said persistently.

 

“Miss Shin? Mr.Park? Any problem there??” Our teacher called out and everyone turned their heads on us.

 

I just smiled to our teacher and said “Nothing sir.”

 

“Seohee? Please?” Chanyeol asks looking at my eyes.

 

“Aish! Fine! Fine! You want to go out?” I responded and he crooked a smile.

 

“Sir? Can you excuse us for a while?” I ask our teacher and he said okay.

 

I held Chanyeol’s hand and haul him outside our room.

He looks at me confusingly “So, is it a yes?” he asked.

“No! You said you wanted to go out with me right? So here we are. We are outside.” I said trolling him and chuckled. He just whines there like a kid frustrated after I trolled him then he joined me laughing. I like this better just pure friendship and nothing else.

 

 

 

 

After our chemistry class, our teacher told me to deliver a pile of books to the library. It was four very thick chemistry books and I am bringing them alone on the next building. Why don’t she just ask some of the boys to deliver it, why me of all people? But who am I to complain? So I took all four very thick and so heavy books on my arms as I stride outside on my way to the next school building which is where our library is located.

It is still not the end of classes, so everyone is still lock up in their own rooms, it only means no one is going to come and help me carry this books. Sigh. Do I have big muscles to be picked by that Chemistry teacher to carry this? She didn’t even let someone help me, how cruel.

Since I’m already out, should I take a glimpse on the seniors? Specifically Luhan-oppa? Well, there are no heavy books to a girl in love.kekeke

So, I stride pass the hallways and sneak my way to the senior’s floor with my heart beating faster and faster everytime a take a step.

Room 3-A it says and I know it. That’s their room, that is where Luhan-oppa, my heart just started to pound more now that I have come this far. So, should I take a glimpse? This is too embarrassing, for they might caught me looking out for Luhan-oppa. Even though I might look stupid but my heart still wants to see him, my eyes want to stare at his doe glistening eyes, I just wanted to have a glimpse of him, just a little small sight of him will do because after that drama presentation, I’ve got no other business with him now and it hurts. I still want to spend more time with him, I wanted him to smile at me and praise me in my works but now that it was all over there is no more Luhan-oppa messing my hair or Luhan-oppa jaw drop laughing.

 

I tip toe and search him in a sea of seniors who’s busy doing…nothing? Aren’t they having classes?

 

“Seohee-sshi! What are you doing here??”  That voice just raised all the hairs in my body.

 

I swing around to see Luhan-oppa gaily smiling at me with Xiumin-sunbaenim, the one he’s always with every soccer game.

What am I doing here? What are you doing here Seohee? You’re so stupid! Now he caught you looking for him! Aish!

I just gawk at him speechless and I don’t know what to do. I just messed up!

 

“May I help you?” He said grabbing the pile of books in my arm.

 

“I’ll go inside Lu, see you around Seohee .” Xiumin-sunbaenim said as he leaves us there in the hallway and Luhan-oppa just nod at him, saying he’ll follow.

 

“So, where are you going to bring this?” he asks.

 

“Li-li-library.” I said stuttering and I just followed his lead as he helps me carry those books.

 

Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.Dug.

 

My heart won’t stop pounding and it’s so loud that I fear Luhan-oppa might hear it. It’s embarrassing >////<

 

“So, what are you doing in our floor? Are you looking for someone??” He asks as we walk side by side with each other.

 

“Ah—Uh—uhmm. I was looking for Teacher Lee, I thought he was in the seniors class.” I fib.

 

I fib so obviously fake! What am I going to do with teacher Lee anyways?

 

“Teacher Lee? I think he’s in class 3-C right now. Do you need to go to him right now?? I’ll go with you.” He offered willingly.

 

“Ah-ah! No thanks,really. It was nothing important.” I fib again.

 

“Are you sure?” He asks and I just nodded at him.

 

I just looked down the whole time we are walking together in the hallways with me burning giddily, my eyes stealing glances from Luhan-oppa, it is silent yet my mind is so noisy of so many thoughts right there and now. I so love to be with him, just being like this is enough for me yet I still crave for more, I want Luhan-oppa as my boyfriend however, it can only happen in my fantasy. Truth to be told he still belongs to Yura-eonnie.

 

“So, I heard that Yura’s brother is trying to win your heart.” He mumbles.

 

“Uh.uuhmm.. Chanyeol?” I said fidgeting, is there a way to calm down when I’m near Luhan-oppa?

 

“Yup, she always talks to me about her brother. You know being half siblings and their cold relationship.” He said.

 

She? He means Yura-eonnie right? So, there is really something wrong between Chan and Yura-eonnie.

 

“It hurts her and it hurts me too. It has been years but her brother has never been close with her, he always avoid her and she says he often get mad at her for some unknown reasons. She did everything to be close to her brother but it’s him who always makes a way to ruin it.” Luhan-oppa is really concerned between Chan and Yura-eonnie, I can see it in his eyes. It is filled with love and care but that all belongs to Yura-eonnie. Yura-eonnie is so lucky to have Luhan-oppa, how I wish I have him too, in my dreams maybe.

 

“Maybe Chanyeol is just shy? I don’t know but I can feel it that he wants to be close to Yura-eonnie, it’s just that maybe he doesn’t know how? And being an illegitimate child is not that easy, he may be suffering being in a family he doesn’t belong. Sometimes, Chanyeol might joke around, flirt around but he is not happy at all, that there is still something missing.” I said not thinking but everything just flows out of my mouth. Since when did I notice those sad eyes of Chanyeol anyways? Well, everytime Yura-eonnie is around his eyes are just too mysterious, it has this feeling of wanting to be with Yure-eonnie likewise not wanting her around. Aish! I don’t know!

 

“You sure know him, huh. Do you like him?” He teases that made me blush. I’m not blushing because of Chanyeol, I’m just blushing because this guy I have my heart on him teasing me to some other guy. How ironic!

 

“Just like as a friend but nothing else.” I said covering up.

 

“Haha,really? There is nothing after you’ve said those words?hehe.”  He teases again squinting at me.

 

“Oppaaaa..?!” I whined.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m just trying to see if you really have something for him.” He said stopping and handed the books in the counter.

 

So what if I have something for him oppa? Will you like me? Or does it bother you that I have something for him?

Are you crazy Seohee? Stop expecting something from Luhan-oppa, he is definitely not into you.

 

 

“Why?” I managed to utter that word even though I’m trying not to. I shouldn’t to because it will only hurt.

 

“So we can have a double date or triple date maybe with that step brother of them? That would be fun, I guess. But you said you don’t feel something for him, so it won’t happen.”  He smiles and messes my hair.

 

“Let’s go back?”  He said and I followed him silently thinking about what he said.

 

A date with Luhan-oppa, I thought and crooked a smile on my face.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

 

So I just stopped.

I stopped cussing her, throwing things at her, glaring at her, fighting her over stupid little things and I just stopped hating her but this stupid heart beating, awkwardness, tingling stomach feels and many stupid body reactions just won’t stop.

I may act cool and natural in the outside but I’m so not in the inside. Everything inside me turns upside down when she’s around me and the only thing that can make it all simmer down is a stare on her lips and remembering that morning how soft and sweet it was when I stole a kiss.

All I thought kissing her in her sleep is the perfect revenge but not now, those stolen kisses is my drug and I’ll never get enough of it.

She still has no idea how I feel for her. I bet she still hates me as she always feel but I’m trying my best not to make her hate me. I really do but I just can’t control my anger and jealousy when guys are around her.

It’s so unfair, I’ve love her first but I’m stupid and now I’ll have to endure this heart attacks when guys try to hit on her.

Everyone is getting so suspicious already why we aren’t fighting like we always does and I’m so coward again not let anyone know that I have fallen in love to my greatest enemy, I just shrug their statements and blabber that I’m sick of it. Which I’m actually not because I missed it, I missed cussing her because the thrilling feeling is just so good, her words might hurt but it tickles my heart, she might stab me a glare but it’s just too painfully beautiful.

Yah! I don’t know myself anymore!

My feelings are just so messed up!

Add that Chanyeol is now taking another step to have her. This is too much for his scheme! I wanted to punch him real  hard and tell him to stop playing with Seohee but I just can’t he’s my friend after all and they might figure out that I have a thing for Seohee which I have no plan on telling them except for Suho-hyung who already knows it. I have no plan on making her my girlfriend either. I want her to be just like that and I ‘m too scared she’ll reject me because she would really reject, no doubt.

After all Seohee is a smart girl, I’m pretty confident she wouldn’t fall to Chanyeol’s evil plans and I’d rather see her with Kai over that Casanova. I know Kai will take good care of her but that stupid otaku is already giving up half way, not even half.tsss. Kai is a good friend and he doesn’t want conflicts between our circles but isn’t he going to fight for Seohee? I know that he knows Chanyeol is stupidly playing on the girl he cares about but why he is just keeping quiet? Even the other guys, do they really believe that Chanyeol already changed? That’s stupid! Chanyeol is so not changing, he loves ing girls and that’s his only motive for wanting Seohee. Tsss.

Here I go again, drowning myself of these thoughts. Sigh.

 

“Where are we going?” I ask D.O.

 

“Cafeteria.” He replied as we walk with Seohee and Minah, I glance at Seohee and did she just gotten so gorgeous? It feels like everyday she’s becoming so gorgeous that my heart can’t take it anymore. Stupid! I’m staring at her again.

 

“Why? Aren’t we going to eat at our same old place?” I ask trying to pull my eyes off of her.

 

“Well, Chanyeol have something to celebrate and he asks for us to eat inside with everybody, I even cooked his favorite and added some dessert.” D.O. responded.

 

“I didn’t know that, but isn’t it his birthday right?” I ask again and D.O. shook his head looking at me with those wondering big eyes of his.

 

We seated in the middle of the noisy crowd, freshmen, juniors and seniors in a hodgepodge doing this and that. Ugh. I’d wanted to eat peacefully outside. I scanned the cafeteria and there I saw Baekhyun and Kai coming from a distance, then my eyes were caught by a waving hand, that Chanmi with a bunch of girls in a table across us. Sigh. I hate this place. I stare at Seohee again well if she’s here I’d be here. Not too long when Suho-hyung arrived and joined our group. Pairs of eyes are on us, it’s always like this when we are all gather up they started to squeal, to whisper and to exhilarate, crazy fangirls.

But everyone’s attention shifted when the popular seniors entered this wild cafeteria, there is Luhan-huyng whom I see Seohee’s eyes automatically glued, he is with Lay-sunbaenim the dancing machine, Kris-sunbaenim the school’s Picasso, Chen-sunbaenim the funky singer, Xiumin-sunbaenim the soccer addict and Tao-sunbaenim the martial art expert. They all sauntered together until they settled in a table where their girlfriends are. I can see Yura-noona there with two other girls, I bet its Kris and Chen’s girlfriends.

We’ve waited here for Chanyeol but that player is not yet here. He might be in the middle of his making out right now. He called us all in here just too waste time and be the center of attraction for this gossipers.

Suddenly, a loud deep voice called the attention of everyone. I know that voice, that moron! It’s Chanyeol and what is he doing there in the mini stage?

His fangirls started to squeal in exhilaration.

“Today is the day I’ll let everyone know that my heart only belongs to this one special girl.”

Stupid! Moron! Idiot! Babo! Baegchi! Imbecile! Sicko! Crazy! Dope! Jerk! Psycho! !

I glance up to Soehee because he is definitely referring to Seohee. She looks surprise but on her side I can see Kai, he stares at her with eyes are full of vicious pain.

 

“I want everyone to know that I’m not that Casanova you used to know because I have fallen in love. This girl just arrowed my heart and I can’t bear to see her not by my side.” Chanyeol added.

He could not be serious right?

He is not!

“This might be corny and outdated but I’ll sing a song for her. Shin Seohee I’m falling slowly for you.”

That is what I’m supposed to say to her, Shin Seohee I’m falling slowly for you.

Chanyeol ended and started to heave a guitar on his arms.

Everyone is squealing and teasing but I just can’t see if Chanyeol is really being serious. He can’t be serious. No way!

 

 

 

 

Falling Slowly 

I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice

You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing it loud

 

Chanyeol then grab a single red rose from his side as he puts down the guitar and sauntered in a sea of students on his way in our table, on his way to Seohee.

It is so freaking hell for me!

 

He held her left hand and she let him, stupid Seohee!

I can tell that she is so flustered right now, just look at that red face she have. Stupid Seohee!!

Everyone is concentrating on this scene and what do they think is this? A k-drama? Oh please!

 

“I like you Shin Seohee.”

The words that I can’t even form in my lips, he said that like it was nothing. And here comes the question I don’t want to hear but the answer is what I really can’t bare listening. Please get me out of this place!

 

 

 

 

“Will you be my girl?”

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I said I wanted to update more but I just got stuck in this chapter. I've been writing this since last night and at last I've finished it.

Hope you'll like it. It's a bit long, though.

Thank you for the comments :)