Prince Charming

Puppy Love

 

            Kyungsoo is the kid with the big eyes that everyone is afraid of, and some of the kids are really mean and about it. Kyungsoo doesn’t like it. As a matter of fact, he hates it. Some of the girls were mean enough and said that he looks like a girl instead.

                Jongin is the handsomest kid in class. Well, for a 5-year old he is considered pretty handsome. He’s nice and sweet, especially to the girls, so all the girls like him. He helps them carry things and the girls like to call him prince charming because he acts like one a lot. Even Ms. Lee had to admit that Jongin is very much a gentleman for his age.

                One day, during play time, when Jongin, Suho and Yixing went to Ms. Lee’s office to help prepare the supplies for arts and crafts, Kyungsoo was just sitting in a corner playing with Tao’s panda plushie. Suddenly all the girls came looking for him and it freaked Kyungsoo out.

                “Look at his eyes. They are so big! Like a girl!” one of the girls named Brenda laughed. The other girls followed and laughed at him as well. Kyungsoo felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave but the girls blocked him.

                “My mum taught me how to put make-up! Let’s see if we can make him a girl!”

                “Yeah, then you can come play with us! You’ll be a girl too!”

                “But I don’t want to…” Kyungsoo didn’t have time to argue. The girls started pulling his arm and grabbing ribbons and all sorts of unknown make-up pieces.

                By the time Ms. Lee emerged from her room, she shrieked to find Kyungsoo in the middle of all these girls with a ribbon in his hair, very red cheeks from all the blush and lipstick that was smeared on messily. Poor Kyungsoo felt so violated he just sat there with tears running down his cheeks.

                “What have you girls done?!” Ms. Lee boomed. Jongin peered at Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo, is that you?”

                Kyungsoo sniffed and turned around in embarrassment. He didn’t want Jongin to see him like that, all messy and ugly. Jongin walked over and turned Kyungsoo around. He pulled out his little Pororo hanky and wiped Kyungsoo’s face.

                “Don’t cry Kyungsoo. You look pretty.”

                “No I don’t I look ugly…”

                “No, you look pretty. You were always cute to me.”

                “Oh, Jongin oppa, what about us?” Brenda asked, batting her eyelashes and all the other girls asked to, wanting and hoping for Jongin to say something nice about them. Jongin always does, but this time, he lifts Kyungsoo up and shakes his head.

                “You girls are nothing. My Kyungsoo is the prettiest in class.”

                “Even with his eyes?” Brenda curled her lip in disgust.

                “What’s wrong with his eyes? I like big eyes.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo stopped sniffing and looked at Jongin. He hugged Jongin tight and smiled happily.

                “Sorry girls, but it looks like Jongin is Kyungsoo’s prince charming now.” Ms. Lee told the girls. “Meanwhile that is a very nasty prank to play on Kyungsoo. You girls are going to be punished.”

                Kyungsoo lifts his head and smiles at Jongin, big eyes and all. Ms. Lee was right, Jongin is Kyungsoo’s prince charming.