I think I know you...

Dreams

Lisa POV

 

I waited for Chae at our regular spot behind the Universiy's property. I see some students going home, just arrive and some are eating at one of the picnic table. Wow... they looks so energetic. I bet they have plenty of sleep. While I was daydreaming suddenly I hear Chae calling me from the distant.

Chae Ah: Lisa! Sorry... Did I made you wait?

LiSa: ani... I didn't even notice the time. Thanks for bringing my stuff though. 

Chae Ah: Ah! It's no problem... You help me always as well!

 

Chae took a sit next to me, she took something out from her backpack and gave it to me. It was a book called, 'Dreams and Meanings In It'

LiSa; What's this for?

Chae Ah: What else?! I saw it yesterday while I was helping my little sister buying her school books. I thought it might be helpful for you.

LiSa: Haha! Oh Chae... I'm not having any weird dreams I can't relate to. It's just the same person all over again. 

Chae Ah: Just take a look at it. It might come in handy...

LiSa: You've been watching a lot of Harry Potter lately.

Chae Ah: That, and I also care for you. I'm worried okay? You lack sleep and you're not that cheerful girl I used to hang out with. You're now the saggy and worn out girl...

LiSa; Hey!

Chae Ah: Haha! But you know what I mean... LiSa, get a grip girl! Exams in a month! You need plenty of rest for that little brain of yours.

LiSa: My brain is not little!

Chae Ah: It is if you don't sleep properly. Here, in this book, they also have some guides for you to get a good nights rest. read it...

LiSa: fine. But only because you went so much for me.

Chae Ah: (smiles) Aren't you lucky to have me.

LiSa; Yeah yeah...

 

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

I'm laying down on my bed. I'm supposed to do my revision on the music scores that the lecturer had once assigned us but i can't concentrate. I glance at my wall-clock and it shows 2:48 PM. Aish... the time moves soo slow. 

I twist and my bed but nothing. No inspiration has come to me yet. I have tons of work to do. I need to finish up my revisions for the upcoming exam and also I need to settle my music scores to hand them over to our coordinator. If I don't send it on time, I won't be able to go and do my internship like the rest of my classmate plus Chae and had to skip another sem back. Ah! I thought high school was stressed enough,

I can't call Chae right now... She's doing her part time job. I envy her... She has all the energy in the world to do a part time job and still has time to finish up her school work. What sorcery is she using?

I twist and turn, twist and turn until something caught my eye. The book Chae gave me this morning was happily sitting on top of my revision books. Should I? I felt as if the book was calling me to pick it up. Ah! I don't want to... It would give Chae the satisfaction but what if all my question would be answered just by reading this book.... why not..

LiSa: Dreams and Meanings In It... What a tacky name for a book. But they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. What the heck... I mean reading the first few chapters won't hurt right?

 

Definitely right. This book is amazing! I never knew I can find everything I need in this single book. Chae is gifted in picking put good books. I should let her do the book shopping next time.

I found out that if you can forget 90% of your dreams. That's weird... I remember eveery single dream of this person and you can also try to communicate through dreams.

Another fact that shocked me was, people can't dream of strangers. The people we've seen in our dreams but don't know are people you've seen some point of your life. Well, then who is that guy... 

Thinking about it makes me hungry. I glance on more time at the clock and it's already 7:06

Woah! Reading this book can really make you forget time. 

LiSa: Well... I'll take a bath and then eat something.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm sleeping but the I can feel a dream coming. I remembered that it's my dream and I can control it. I should be able to.

I was standing in the middle of an empty room. There were no chairs, no tables, nothing. Except for a dim light shining above me.

LiSa: Hello?

 

I called but no one answered. I thought I must be alone... not until I saw a figure in the shadows. It's him. I just know it would be him.

Guy: Lisa...

 

that deep voice calls my name. I would always have goosebumbs... The way he says my name, it just feels right. 

LiSa: Who are you?

Guy: You know me...

LiSa: I do?

Guy: You do.

LiSa: Show me your face... I want to see your face.

 

Then I saw his gummy smile flashing in the shadows.

Guy: You will see me... Infact, you always see me.

LiSa: Huh?

Guy: You know me, Lisa...

LiSa: I think... I do.

 

It doesn't make sense but i feel he's telling the truth. I think I know this guy but from where? He won't show his face so I can't really put my finger to it. I was about to look at him when suddenly, he turns and walks away.

LiSa: Hey! Dude!

Guy: I'll see you again, Lisa.

 

And that was it, once again, I found myself waking up to cold sweat in the middle of the night. I thrashed in frustration knowing it will be har for me to sleep once again. But besides that, I know him... but where? Argh! I can't think right now. I need sleep.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Short update, yes, but I'm working on it~

I need inspirations.

Anyway, I'll try to upload another update soon or maybe even tonight. hint* Keke! See you Babys!

\rolls away\