What's in A Date?

I Don't Understand You

A/N

Wow this one is super long (in my opinion keke) I just didn't know where to end. Yay for inner conflict (?!) and somewhat of a cliff 'question' (??) Also I changed my spelling of 'cincca' to 'jinjja' because the pronounciation bothered me. Sorry lol


 

Sunday, April XX, 20XX
 
I arrived at the mall where the theater for the movie was located at, walking around aimlessly to find Yoona unnie and the others. 
 
To: Yoona unnie - Unnieee where are you guys?
Aww man...I hope I'm not the last one to arrive, how embarrassing!
 
"Oh, Seohyun?" 
 
I perked up when I heard my name and gave a relieving smile. I found Jinwoon!
 
"Jinwoon! Annyeonghaeseyo," I greeted to the eye smiling singer, "did you just arrive too?"
 
"Ddeh, haha...I was worried I would be late. C'mon let's go join the others for the movie." 
We walked around the lobby of the theater and mall until I saw a familiar face. Yoona and Hyoyeon unnie! I waved them down as Jinwoon and I continued in their direction. 
 
"Annyeonghaeseyo unnies! Which movie are we all watching?" I asked Yoona, who seemed to be the group's head coordinator for the day. 
 
"Dundunnnndun....the HUNGER GAMES!" She proclaimed with her grinning face inbetween her now raised 'claws' for hands. I have her a returning smile as I had wanted to watch the Hunger Games after reading the book's trilogy. It only took less than a week to breeze through all three books since I'm known to be an avid reader. 
 
"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's go in! Ah, but no butter on the popcorn please. It's unhealthy for you," I reminded everyone. They all groaned in response to my health nut of a mind, but agreed to it anyway. 
 
Our group entered the designated theater for the movie, and I heard Hyoyeon unnie ask about the seating arrangements in mind. Seating arrangements?? Aish I hope they weren't on planning on setting me up with the older guys! Watching my unnies sit inbetween the guys I then realized that the only seat left was next to Jinwoon. I let out a sigh of relief to know I'd be next to someone I knew. 
 
"Omo! The movie is starting!!" Hyoyeon unnie exclaimed. She recieved an audience full of shushes and thrown popcorn and remained quiet until her next outburst. 
 
The movie wasn't exactly accurate to the book as I had hoped, but it was still good. We were nearing the middle of the film when I noticed Jinwoon sneaking glances in my direction. There's no one else in my direction...I'm at the end of the row... Ignoring it I continued watching until...
 
"ROAAAAR!!"
 
A flurry of screams filled the theater, mostly from the female viewers...including myself as I turned my head and unknowingly buried into Jinwoon's arm. Aigoo! I forgot about those scary mutant dogs! I felt Jinwoon stiffen and immediately I straighten back into my seat. It was my turn to tense up when I felt a soft touch to my right hand. Looking down I found that Jinwoon was slightly holding onto mine by the fingertips. I could feel my face blushing fiercly from the light skinship. 
 
"Ar-are you scared?" He inquired. I could tell he sounded a bit nervous. 
 
"Aniyo, not really...that one part just freaked me out a little, but I'm alright now. Gomawoyo."
I proceeded to free my hand from his light grasp, but found that Jinwoon's grip got tighter. Wae..? Why isn't he letting go? I turned to look at his somewhat adorable nervous expression. Hmm...oh well, I'll just let it be for now.
 
---
 
"Ehhh? That ppabo president! Why can't they just live together?!" 
 
I could tell Hyoyeon unnie had gotten slightly irritated from not being able to talk during the film due to her overly loud voice while we exited the theater.
 
"Yah..if it were that easy to survive then everyone would win," retorted Seulong. 
 
"Oh yeahh," she agreed with his explanation and suddenly raised her hand wildly in the air, "eheh..who's hungry? I know I am!" 
 
"Luckily for us there's a crepe shop next to the theater, I wouldn't mind eating something sweet right now," suggested Changmin. Wow. I didn't expect him to have a thing for sweets. After a round of further suggestions we all decided that crepes would be the way to go and headed towards the shop and stared at its menu.
 
A few minutes passed and it was time to order. 
"Alright then...so I'll take a strawberry cream crepe," Hyoyeon started the order off with, "Yoona you wanted the chocolate supreme, right? A sweet potato crepe for Seohyun, mango for Jinwoon, and two green tea crepes for Seulong and Changmin." I smiled and silently cheered in my mind, sweet potatoes were one of my reasons to live in life! If there was a town dedicated to only gogumas I would've moved there long ago, I love it!
 
We all received our crepes and proceeded to a table that fit all six of us, everyone eagerly taking satisfied bites out of the treats. 
 
"Yah Seohyun, how are you able to eat everything goguma and not grow tired of it?" asked Jinwoon, he was the first to start up a conversation after everyone started eating. 
 
"Seriously though Hyunnie, one of these days you're going to wake up looking like a sweet potato after eating so many," Yoona unnie added. I laughed along with the others to the joke. If that happened it would definitely be a dream come true in my case.
 
"Anyways," Yoona changed the topic to something of equal interest, "how is your group 2AM? You guys are the best ballad singers at our high school, why haven't you been signed into an entertainment company yet??"
 
"It's a simple reason keke," Seulong answered with expression changing into a playful glare towards Jinwoon and explained how their little maknae forgot to turn in the signed contract to the company. 
 
"Aishh this Jinwoonie," mumbled Changmin, "it's a good thing there wasn't any deadline when we turned it in last week."
 
"Hehe.. Mianhae hyungs. We'll be officially signed under JYP Entertainment once our training is put into order," Jinwoon confirmed while giving his older members an aegyo-filled eye smile. Wahh! They're going to debut together as a group. I hope I get to do the same with my unnies. The nine of us are in a group we named So Nyeo Shi Dae, or Girl's Generation due to the fact that we're all girls. We became pretty well known throughout the school and city of Seoul for our harmonious vocal and dance performances we showcase at our school's events. 
 
"Oh right. Did you hear?" Jinwoon continued, "JYP plans to put together a boy group at Seoul Arts to train and partner with ours every so often. They said it would be called 2PM?"
 
"Pffft how ironic, two opposite times of the day. Did they mention who was going to be in 2PM?" Hyoyeon snorted out, almost spitting out her pink crepe onto her blonde waves.
 
Seulong answered her, "Not yet, but I think the school will update us about it soon."
We all finished off our crepes and started walking around the mall excitedly. By excitedly, I mean us girls were. Hehe window shopping is nice and all, but it's more fun when we go into the stores -clothing stores to be exact- much to the boys' reluctance. 
 
I eventually became bored of browsing through the shops around the 10th store, and told my unnies and the guys that I'd be at the cute accessories and novelty shop nearby. Instinctively I noticed a cute stuffed teddy bear on a shelf in the store and went up to touch its soft fur, "Wahhh..otteoke! So cute!" The bear I was fascinated with had pure white fur and light pink pads on its paws; to add to its charm a very complementing pink ribbon was tied around its neck in a bow. So adorable! I want it! Though checking the price tag resulted in a devastated sigh from my defeated self. 
 
"Did you want it?" questioned a voice behind me. I jumped and spun my head towards the owner of the voice, only to find my eyes staring at the ground seconds later. Jung Yong Hwa oppa...otteoke..what's he doing here?? I bowed to acknowledge his presence.
 
"W-what?"
 
"Did you want that stuffed bear? You were staring at it pretty intensely."
 
Did he just offer to buy it for me..? No way...I bet he's just joking. I shook my head in refusal and thanked him anyway, my disappointed face surely giving myself away. 
 
"So uhh.. What are you doing here?" I looked up at him with a soft smile. Yonghwa oppa shrugged and pointed behind his left shoulder outside the store to where I saw Tiffany unnie distracting herself with her phone as she was probably waiting for Yonghwa. I felt a tinge of unsettlement as I watched her enter the store and come by to the aisle Yonghwa oppa and I were at, Tiffany then hooking her arm onto his as if it were a normal everyday thing.
 
"Annyeong Tiffany unnie," I greeted her robotically and added a slight bow. She returned the same gestures along with her usual bubbly attitude and charismatic eye smile. She then turned to playfully hit Yonghwa in the arm and gave him a cute pout
"Yah Yonghwa ~ Why did you walk off when I wasn't looking? I thought you were going to help me pick out some new court shoes."
 
"Arrasso arrasso. Calm down Tiff, we'll go find it soon. I saw my little sis in this shop here and came to say hi." Yonghwa then proceeded to ruffle the top of my long, dark hair and motioned Tiffany unnie to head out until
"Uwaaah! How cute!!" Tiffany took down the stuffed toy I had so much interest in and began to cradle it in her arms, her face gaining an expression of utter desire as she held the fluffy bear in front of Yonghwa. He responded with an amused chuckle and suddenly pulled out his wallet from his pocket. 
 
"Did you want that stuffed thing? Kyahh I can get it for you, crazy partner." My heart dropped.
 
"JINJJA?! Wahh, thanks Yonghwa! I love you so much right now!" Tiffany unnie then pulled both Yonghwa and the bear in for a hug, dragging them to the cashier seconds later. The next couple minutes felt like a blur. I could only remember waving goodbye to the older pair and slowly returning back just in time to join my group with a dejected aura.
 
"Seohyun? Yah Hyunnie, you okay? Was that Yonghwa and Tiffany unnie I saw walking out of the store you were just at?" Yoona and Hyoyeon unnie were in front of me, much to my realization. I gave them a nod and a forced smile that seemed to do the trick and revert their attention back to the guys. I could tell Jinwoon had a worried look when I rejoined the group and gave him a small smile as well. Hyoyeon unnie then blurted out
 
"That's right! I almost forgot about it!" We all gave her confused expressions to which she replied with a cheeky grin, "I'll explain later, let's find a table first!"

A/N (again keke) 

Dundunduuuun what happens next? Tune in again once I finish the rest of this triple date ^^

By the way, I'll probably just upload whenever I finish something. No set dates. Just whenever my muse calls AKA life. ㅋㅋ