It Must Be Teasing

I Don't Understand You

 

"Aigoo.. Unnie I'm so tired," I whined to Taeyeon in the locker room. Practice was fun, but it sure took out a lot of my cheerful energy. 
 
"Arrasso Hyunnie. Let's get some bubble tea with the others, how's that sound?" She smirked while playing with her phone, heh it must be a text from him. 
 
"Sure unnie, bubble tea sounds so refreshing right now! Though...is that a text from Taecyeon-sshi I sense?" I giggled as I tried to sneak a peek at Taeyeon's phone. Her face flushing a light pink tint at the name. 
 
"Er..maybe, but none of your business little Hyun!" She exclaimed while pinching my cheek. Keke time to go then. I grabbed my bag and started out the locker room to the school's front gate. 
 
"Unnie, I'm going to ask the girls if they want to join us at the cafe so hurry up texting Taecyeon so we can eat!" I shouted to Taeyeon, confirming her approval with a positive hum. 
---
Later when we arrived at the bubble tea cafe near the school, TeaSing, I found Yoona unnie bringing back a drink to a table with Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung. 
 
"Hey guys," I chirped, causing them all to glance towards me, "how was practice for you guys?" They were also on the badminton team, along with rest of our group -Yuri, Jessica, and Sunny- whom we sang together with while studying music at school. 
 
"Ehh, you know how it is Hyunnie. Coach Wu never gives us beginners a break," Sooyoung complained, "although being part of the varsity team like Sica and Fany keeps the coaches off of their backs for a while. Aigoo so lucky!" She grabbed one of the drinks Yoona brought back and took a long sip. 
 
"Heehee it's not that bad Sooyoung," Tiffany spoke this time, "you get better with time as you play so- Oh! Yonghwa hey!" She waved over to Yonghwa who entered the cafe, "you're working today?"
 
"Ddeh, aish...my boss really doesn't hold back on giving out extra shifts," he replied. Yonghwa was an employee at TeaSing for almost a year now. I come by the cafe often with my unnies so we usually see him on shift, although he isn't allowed to talk to us because of his strict boss. 
 
"Aww, ! Oh well. Mind making me a special, partner?" Tiffany asked with a bit of aegyo, giving Yonghwa one of her signature eye smiles. I'm not sure if those worked on him, but he laughed and agreed to it while walking towards me. 
 
"Oh, dongsaeng," he greeted. I smiled and he patted my head like a small kitten, "want the usual again today?" I nodded with slight embarrassment. The usual was a drink Yomghwa introduced me recently to as a new favorite of his, and now mine. A honey green milk bubble tea, extra sweet as we both had a sweet tooth. 
 
I watched as he walked past me to go behind the counter and put on an apron with the cafe's logo on it. Swiftly and in no time at all he made the drinks he promised with routine profession. I was always in awe with how cool he looked while making each drink and food order, my admiration secretly growing as well. 
 
"One honey green milk tea and green apple," he recited with his smooth voice. Instinctively I got up to get the drink and called out to Tiffany unnie that I was getting hers, the green apple drink. As I walked up to the counter and register I readied my wallet to pay for the orders. 
 
"Haha, no need Seohyun. It's on me today."
I looked at him in disbelief, but changed my expression to a light smile for my big brother.
 
"Jinjjayo?? Kamsahaemnida Yonghwa oppa!" I grinned. This was probably one of the reasons why I liked having Yonghwa as a big brother. Another reason being his sweet voice while singing in the band he put together with his friends. 
 
I went back to the table my unnies were at and gave Tiffany her drink, simultaneously sipping on mine. I then took out my cell phone to check the time and text my mother where I was so that she could pick me up to go home. As I finished sending the message I looked up to find Yonghwa oppa staring in my group's direction. Is he looking at me? Or....Tiffany unnie? I thought to myself, slightly disappointed. I probably wasn't that important in Yonghwa's eyes, seeing how he sometimes never replies to my texts. Sigh, guess he's looking at her instead. I went back to my drink and played a game on my phone  as I waited for my mother to come. I was tired from practice, and it was tiring enough to get Yonghwa oppa to say a single hi to me. If he's that distant...should I even still call him my oppa? Aigoo..

A/N Since this is the start and introduction I won't add all the characters at one time. 2AM and 2PM are my supporting cast in this fanfiction ^^;