Chapter 9

Fate

 

Auntie B quickly led Chaerin out of the building. Chaerin couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. The tears just started falling and they couldn’t stop. Auntie B hugged her and apologized to Chaerin for doing this. She didn’t think it would turn out this way.

“I’m sorry Rinnie. I didn’t know. This is because of me”

After about 5 minutes, Chaerin felt a little bit better and tried to dry up her tears.

“It’s ok Auntie B, I mean I guess this was how fate wanted it to be found out, with the help of you,” she said trying to be more positive.

“It’s just that I think it may be awkward now. I don’t know. I shouldn’t have cried”

“It’s ok Rinnie, Auntie understands. Although I feel like a big weight have been lifted” she confessed.

“Auntie! Was keeping that secret, a big weight?” She laughed while saying it. Besides her members, her mom and Auntie B are probably the only people that could cheer her up whenever she was feeling down.

“Duh! You don’t understand how many times me and your mom wanted to say something. But now its out in the open, well kind of. I feel better even though Yongie seems to have something going on with that girl” Auntie B grimaced just thinking about Jieun.

“After crying I also feel a bit better, actually today was something I would have never ever expected.”

After Chaerin left, Yong Guk finally came back to his senses. He told Jieun she should go back. Jieun at first refusing telling him she wanted him back but he would not listen to her and told her he needed time to think everything through trying to make her go. Jieun finally agreed and she left a little bit annoyed. Yong Guk walked back to s a little dazed.

“So hyung wasn’t that a big shocker?” Zelo said.

“I know right. I didn’t expect CL to be your Rinnie. You are lucky dude.” Himchan gave Yong Guk a pat on the back.

“I’m just really really surprised.” Was what Yong Guk only said.

“I can see that” Daehyun said still stuffing his face with food.

“Will you go talk to her?” Yong Jae asked.

“Uhh I don’t know.” Yong Guk replied. He decided to not think about it now and went back to practicing hard for their next performance coming up in  few days.

Chaerin was back at the door already, she wasn’t the type to hide many things from her members since they were some of the people who knew her best.

“Omo!” Bom said after Chaerin finished telling her about her eventful day.

Bom gave Chaerin a big comforting hug. “Ughhh that Jieun girl” was all she could say.

“What are you going to do now unnie?” Minji questioned.

“Um. Live my life normally? Hahaha there really isn’t anything I can do. I will still do things as usual.” What was Chaerin suppose to do, now that Yongguk knows it was really up to him now.

“Man imagine if you bump into him at music shows and stuff, I kind of wonder what will happen?” Dara said. The Idol world was quite the small world, you are bound to bump into each other no matter what.

Chaerin was sitting on her bed that was filled with her favorite stuffed animals, she thought back to when Yongguk chose her as his partner. She was so glad, she wondered what he was thinking. Now that he knows she is Rinnie, what will happen now? Chaerin couldn’t stand all these questions that kept popping in her head. She picked up one of her teddy bears and started hitting it. She was frustrated with Yongguk and her own feelings. It was already late and Chaerin kept tossing and turning in her bed. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t fall asleep. Chaerin got up and threw on a beanie, baggy pants, her favorite Chrome Hearts hoodie and sneakers. She thought maybe a nice walk will help to ease her mind and would help this insomnia she was feeling.

That night Yongguk was at the dorm, he thought today’s event would be forgotten with all the energy that he put into practicing but it didn’t work. It kept creeping back into his mind and now he couldn’t sleep. His eyes were wide open in the dark while everybody else was fast asleep. He was not tired one bit and it bothered him. Yongguk was dressed with a black hoodie, a snap back, and sneakers, he decided to take a walk outside for some fresh air to clear his mind. After 20 minutes Yongguk ended up at the Han River, it was late so there barely was anyone. Yongguk spotted someone sitting at a bench, her hair was blonde but he couldn’t tell who it was since it was night time. He wondered why there was a girl sitting alone at a bench late at night. He slowly walked towards the girl.

Whenever Chaerin wanted some peace she always came to the Han River, she always felt that the quietness calmed her and it was just relaxing. Sitting here at the bench she remembered her childhood here, having picnics here with Yongguk. She smiled at the happy memories. Suddenly she felt someone’s presence who also decided to sit on the same bench that she sat at. Chaerin started to panic and felt a little bit scared. She only brought her phone but what if this stranger decided to try something. Chaerin carefully tried to scoot more to the edge of bench. She turned to see who was this stranger that sat at the bench and she felt like he looked familiar, well his physique anyway. He was wearing a cap and also a hoodie over it, so it wasn’t like she could see his face.

Yongguk sat at the same bench of this mysterious girl. He wondered why a girl would want to be out here alone at night, wasn’t she scared he thought.

“Um, excuse me” Yongguk said to this mysterious girl.

Chaerin heard his voice, she thought it sounded so much like someone she knew but she was too scared to answer.

Weird he thought, why didn’t she answer so he tried again. “I’m not some creepy dude or anything. Just here cause I couldn’t sleep.”

Well he did say he wasn’t creepy, they did have something in common, they both couldn’t sleep. “Yeah me too” Chaerin said.

Her voice was nice, not the typical high pitched girly voice he was used to hearing, her voice was charming he thought.

“It’s dangerous you know being out here alone late at night.”

“Y-yeah I know” Chaerin managed to say, why was he talking to her anyways?

A moment of silence and then they both suddenly turn their face towards to each other being curious of the other. Chaerin was so surprised and since she was already at the edge of the bench she fell off. Landing on her . Yongguk quickly got up to help her up.

“Why are you here?!” He asked a little bit alarmed.

First of all Chaerin was embarrassed for falling on her and then second of all to find out that the stranger was actually far from a stranger. The person that was making it hard for her to fall asleep was right in front of her. Great she thought. Chaerin couldn’t deal with this now, she put her hands in her hoodie pocket, turned around and started walking back.

Yongguk grabbed her arm “Wait. C-can you stay with me a little?” he asked softly.

Chaerin was contemplating if she should stay or not but he did ask her nicely so she did. They walked silently, neither one of them wanting to break the quietness. There was so much to say but it was a matter how to put it into words.

Yongguk didn’t even know why he asked Chaerin not to go but he did and now they were just walking, not saying anything to each other. It’s like they know each other but they don’t.

“Ri- I mean Chae- no I mean CL” Yongguk wasn’t sure what to address her.

Chaerin let out a tiny giggle with Yongguk’s little struggle when he decided to say something.

He scratched his head nervously “uhh…”

“Just call me Chaerin, Rinnie may be too childish for you or weird”

“Oh. Okay Chaerin.” Showing his gummy smile.

Chaerin blushed.

“So um how are you?” Yongguk started asking.

“Well I can’t sleep.”

“Well why not?”

“Things in my mind keep me awake”

“Oh” and there was silence again.

It was Chaerin’s turn to break the silence “do you hate me?” She suddenly ask.

“No. Why would you say that?”

“Well your girlfriend definitely does.”

“My girlfriend?”

“Yeah Jieun sshi. She must be angry especially since today I might have interrupted you guys. I’m sorry.”

“I think you’ve got it all wrong. I don’t have a girlfriend.” Yongguk explained.

Chaerin couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “But but you guys were holding hands how is that not proof?” She said to him.

“She was holding my hand but I wasn’t holding her hand.”

“Oh” was all Chaerin managed to say, so Yongguk and Jieun weren’t together together but they did have a thing going on she concluded.

“I used to have feelings for her and stuff but now not really. She came to talk to me but I just broke it off. And then my mom and you came.”

Chaerin slowly nodded her head listening to Yongguk speak.

Yongguk felt like he should explain himself to Chaerin so she won’t get the wrong idea. He didn’t want her to think that he and Jieun were an item, they were not and probably won’t be. He has come to terms with his feelings for Jieun and now she was just another co worker to him.

Well you sure do still have feelings for her Chaerin said in her head.

“So if it weren’t for my mom, when were you planning on telling me?” Yongguk finally asked.

“Telling you what?” Chaerin knew what he was asking about.

“That you, were you know Rinnie.”

“Oh. Well I just I guess I never thought it was the right time. I don’t know, I thought you forgot about me so yeah…”

“I never forgot about you.” He said a little quietly. It never occurred to him that Chaerin would think that.

“Neither did I.” She said looking up at him. 

 

Ahh! Finally an update! Hahaha sorry for the late update. I've been really busy these pass few days but here is an update for my readers! What do you guys think? Please comment and subsribe! Look forward to more skybang ^_^