Chapter 7

Fate

 

Behind the scene…

Dara and Bom were watching the filming in their waiting room excitedly. Filming so far was going very well they thought. They were proud of their dongsaengs very much. When Minji was coupled up with Zelo they were so happy. Dara and Bom started jumping around when Yong Guk chose Chaerin as his partner. Bom was thinking she was right!

“I knew it! I knew it!” Bom said grabbing Dara on the shoulders.

“Ahhh! Bom ah you are hurting me!”

“Sorry. See I told you Yong Guk likes Chaerin. I am the Queen at these type of things heh!”

“Yeah yeah, lets continue watching. Shall we?”

When they saw that Jaesuk put Chaerin and Jieun in the same team they were worried.

“I have to go protect my Chaerinnie!!” Bom said to the tv.

“aigoo…why oh why!” Dara said after.

“Who knows what Jieun would do? But hey, they are on broadcast so she can’t really do anything right?” Bom said.

“Yeah that’s true. I don’t think we have anything to worry about…hopefully.”

*On Camera

“Now that we got them into teams lets tell them what the second stage is right everybody?” Jaesuk said.

 “This is very interesting I think. The objective is cooking. You guys will each be at your own kitchens and in there you have to find out what you are suppose to cook. The time limit is one hour to cook two dishes for each team. And the judges here will taste each team’s cooking and will announce the winner” announced HaHa.

“Alright everybody get ready, when we yell start you guys can run off to your respective kitchens. The time is ticking!”

Each couple gets ready.

“Start!” Jaesuk and HaHa said at the same time.

They all scrambled to the kitchen off to find their clue.

Chaerin and Jieun got the their kitchen first. Each girl wanting to find the clue first. It was an unspoken competition to them. Yong Guk had no idea girls could be so competitive until he saw Chaerin and Jieun rushing to the kitchen.

While Chaerin was looking at one of the cupboards she came across an envelope. It was the clue!

“aha found it!” Chaerin said holding the envelope. Yong Guk rushed over to Chaerin’s side. Chaerin was about to open the envelope when Jieun snatched the envelope out of her hand.

“ah I wonder what it is?” she said casually.

Chaerin didn’t know what to say, she decided to let it go since they were on camera.

“It says here each couple will make one dish to come out with two dishes for each team. We have to make Kimchi Bokkeumbap and Dakbokkeumtang (Spicy Braised Chicken)”

Jieun knew she was not good at cooking but she didn’t want to embarrass herself in front of Yong Guk, so she decided to make the easier dish. It couldn’t be that hard right?

“Uhh… I’ll make Kimchi Bokkeumbap” Jieun said.

“I guess I could make Dakbokkeumtang,” Jieun smirked thinking Chaerin probably couldn’t make it, that meant she had the upper hand she thought.

Team 1 had to make Sundubu Jjigae (tofu stew) and Fried Chicken.

Team 2 had to make Kimchi Jjigae (kimchi stew) and Japchae.

“Are you sure you can make it?” Yong Guk asked Chaerin.

“mhmm… I’m going to use Bom unnie’s recipe. Guranteed delicious!” Chaerin said cutely.

Yong Guk couldn’t help but smile, she sure was cute and charming.

Jieun looked over to Yong Guk to find him smiling at Chaerin.

Chaerin hurriedly took out the chicken and ingredients and put them out on the table.

Yong Guk was amazed with Chaerin’s skill, the way she was cutting the chicken and adding the ingredients, she made it look easy.

Jieun on the other hand was having a hard time.

“Ah Woohyun Oppa can you cut up the Kimchi?”

“But but I don’t know how?” Jieun didn’t either.

“Please… while I cook the rice?” she pouted.

“Fine” he said giving in to Jieun’s demands.

Team 2’s kitchen

Minzy was making Kimchi Jjigae. Jaesuk and Haha went over to them.

“Wow, wow! Minzy ya I didn’t know you could cook so well! What do you think Zelo?” Jaesuk asked.

“My partner is daebak!” he said giving her a thumbs up.

Minzy blushed.

While Yong Guk was chopping up the green onions, Chaerin asked Yong Guk if he wanted to try the stew if it tasted right.

“Yong Guk sshi can you try this a little bit? I don’t know if I should add some more sesame oil or not.” Chaerin said holding the spoon to Yong Guk.

Yong Guk’s hands were occupied so he just opened his mouth for Chaerin to feed him.

“Ehh? You don’t want to try it?” Chaerin wondered why Yong Guk’s mouth was open.

“Uhhh my hands are kind of busy, c-can you feed me?”

Chaerin didn’t know what to do but she fed it to him anyways. After she let him have a taste, she looked at him for a reaction.

Yong Guk thought it would be fun to so he scrunched his face.

“What what is it? Is it too salty? Too spicy?” Chaerin was worried that she might have mistaken some of the ingredients so she decided to taste it herself with the same spoon that she let Yong Guk taste from. (Omo! They ate from the same spoon.)

From afar HaHa spotted the whole thing so he went over to Team 3.

“Ya! Aren’t you guys being too sweet!” HaHa said.

She thought the stew tasted fine. Chaerin was bewildered with HaHa’s sudden appearance.

Yong Guk just smiled saying he was just joking and it tasted good.

“Ani ani, HaHa oppa we weren’t doing anything” Chaerin said defending herself.

“I saw you guys eat from the spoon! You guys seem so close!” exclaimed HaHa.

“I didn’t realize it,” Chaerin said shyly.

HaHa put his arm over Yong Guk’s shoulders “Ehhh Yong Guk ah if you like her just admit it no need to scare her you knowww.” His ears slightly went red.

“Uhhh I was just playing around. Her cooking is very good.” Trying to divert the attention away from him.

Jieun couldn’t believe Yong Guk was acting like that with another girl. He has never done that with anyone, he rarely showed interest in other girls besides her, but now that this CL girl is in the picture, Yong Guk is acting different.

Behind the scene

“Yes! Chaerin is using my recipe. Wooohoo! Woohoo!”

“uhhh that girl!” Dara said.

“What what girl?” Bom’s excitement was cut short.

“Chaerin clearly found the envelope first but noo that girl snatched it away from her.” Dara said annoyed.

20 minutes passed…

“aigooo look at Zelo and Minji! Don’t tell me we will be the ones without guys” Bom pouted.

“Bommie our time will come! Isn’t young love the greatest and we get to witness it!”

“Yong Guk and Chaerin look like a married couple. The husband chopping the veggies and the wife feeding him. Awww so cute!!” Bom squealed.

Jieun went over to Yong Guk. “Yong Guk oppa can you open this for me?” she said putting her hand on his arm. Chaerin looked over to Jieun and Yong Guk and felt a pang of jealousy but she shook it away because she felt like she had no mean to feel that way.

Yong Guk looked at Jieun surprised at her affection especially on camera, he felt uncomfortable. He quickly opened the package and gave it to her. Jieun was mad that he didn’t pay any attention to her.

“10 minutes left!” Jaesuk announced.

Jaesuk and HaHa were in a corner watching each team trying to finish up there dishes.

“I didn’t know the 2ne1 maknaes could be so good at cooking. Do they cook for their unnies?” HaHa said.

“They sure are talented girls! They are charismatic on stage but off stage they are just regular girls.”

“Hey Jaesuk Hyung, did you see earlier when Chaerin was feeding Yong Guk. Man that was so sweet!”

“Chincha?? What?? Where was I!!” Jaesuk was disappointed that he missed the moment.

Finally the moment has come, each couple placed their finished dishes on the table for the judges to taste their dishes. Chaerin was nervous, she has never been judged on her cooking before. Yong Guk gave her a slight pat on the back to make her nervousness go away.

“Your dish tasted amazing, maybe we will have a chance” Yong Guk said to Chaerin.

“From looking at everyone’s dishes it seems everyone worked hard right? Even though presentation is important the taste is even more so” said Jaesuk.

“Right! Maybe I should try some too!” HaHa said while looking at all the yummy dishes.

After the judges finished tasting each dish they came to a decision.

Jaesuk looked at the results. “Ahhh this is quite interesting. The judges said both the dishes tasted good so the winner is…. TEAM 2!!” Minzy and Zelo started jumping up and down hearing that they won.

“The judges also would like to acknowledge CL’s dish, saying it was one of the best but Jieun’s dish fell abit short so they were not able to win. I got to say I tried CL’s dish and it was gooood!” Jaesuk said.

Chaerin was happy that the judges enjoyed her dish. Yong Guk agreed, he tried it and it was really amazing. Jieun was not so happy that CL once again was the center of attention, she worked hard on her dish too.

“Now how about we get ready for the third stage shall we? In this stage each team will play against each other. Team 1 against Team 3 and then whoever wins that round will play Team 2. Guess what game??? Dodge ball!!!” HaHa said.

The game has started with Team 1 versus Team 2. Jieun kept purposefully running into Chaerin every chance she could get. No one noticed but Minji did and she was angry. 

For the third time that Jieun ran into Chaerin. "I'm so sorry CLsshi!" she kept saying trying to make it seem like an accident. 

Minji was watching from the sidelines "aigooo Chaerin unnie be careful!" she yelled.

"Hahaha doesn't Jieun seem clumsy? She keeps running into Chaerin." Jaesuk questioned.

"Yeah maybe she is clumsy?" HaHa answered.

Yong Guk does not know whats gotten into Jieun but he thought it was weird when she kept running into Chaerin, he felt bad so everytime Jieun came close to Chaerin he ran over her to protect Chaerin but instead he got hit by the ball.  So the only ones left in Team 2 was Chaerin and Jieun and in Team 1 was Yoseob and Sohyun.

"Its getting intense we are down to two people per team!" Jaesuk said.

Chaerin knew Jieun was purposely running into her but what could she do but accept her false her apologies. Man variety was harder than she thought, she didn't know girls can be so catty over a guy. Chaerin had a feeling Jieun was doing this because either she didn't like her or because Yong Guk was her partner.

In the end Jieun and Chaerin were taken out with Team 1 winning.

Chaerin was going over to the sidelines meeting Yong Guk. "aigooo my sides hurt now" she expressed. Yong Guk went over to her and gave her some water.

"Here drink some water, it'll make you feel refreshed," he smiled.

Chaerin took the water bottle. "Thanks. But shouldn't you give one to Jieun sshi too?" she asked.

"Naw she has her own partner. I'm your partner right? I should take care of you." 

Minji sure was competive 10 minutes into the game she took out two people. Zelo was surprised with her competiveness. Chaerin cheered for her maknae.

"Go Minji!!!" she cheered.

In the end Team 2 claimed victory. Chaerin was proud that Minji's team won and she gave her a big hug. Everybody was touched with their closeness.

"They are so cute! Now Chaerin give Yong Guk a hug too! He's your partner!!" HaHa requested.

"Deh?!" Chaerin flustered.

Minji and Zelo pushed Chaerin pushed her towards Yong Guk. Chaerin gave him a quick hug and retreated to Minji since she was so embararessed. Yong Guk hardly had time to react, it was so quick. Chaerin was shy. Yong Guk felt shy because of her touch.

"Is CL shy? Is it your first time being close to a guy?" Jaesuk said.

"Unnie doesn't know many guys besides the Big Bang members and the staff at the company." Minji replied for Chaerin.

"Ahhh I see."

"Oppa! Why do you keep teasing me with Yong Guk sshi. You guys are weird." Chaerin said.

"Hahaha because CLsshi is charming!" HaHa said.

Jieun was fuming inside seeing CL hugging Yong Guk in front of her but she couldn't do anything since they were on camera. 

CUT! the director called to signal the end of filming.

So I put some subtle Chaerin and Yong Guk interactions and also Minji and Zelo. What do you guys think? I know you guys are wondering when Yong Guk will find out but it will be sooon but not yet! hehehe. I'm currently working on the next chapter so stay tune!! Please comment and subscribe ^_^