Chapter 8

Fate

 

Filming was finally done and everybody was relieved. Jaesuk and HaHa told everybody did a fantastic job and couldn’t wait to work with them again. Minji and Chaerin said bye to everybody and went back to their waiting room. Yong Guk and Zelo was also getting ready to leave, they had to practice that night.

Right when Chaerin and Minji opened the door to the room they were met with the excitement of their unnies.

“aigooo unnie!” Minji said.

“Congrats Minji ah!! Unnie is proud of you!” Bom gave Minji a big hug.

“You too Chaerin ah! You did awesome!” Bom going over to Chaerin.

2ne1 were having their moment. After that they had to pack up and get ready to go back to their dorm.

While in their car, Bom started asking questions and Dara also joined in, giving Chaerin and Minji a headache. They kept asking about Zelo and Yong Guk and teasing them to the point Chaerin and Minji were turning red like tomoatoes.

“I just gave him a hug because they told me to!” Chaerin trying to defend herself.

“So if Jaesuk oppa asked you to kiss him would you do it to?” Bom teased.

“N-no. I couldn’t do that. His fans would probably kill me!”

“I see, if it weren’t for the fans you would kiss him. I get it!” Dara said joining in the fun.

“Unnie! Its not like that!” Chaerin felt like she was in a sticky situation.

They finally arrived at the dorm and went their separate ways. Dara and Bom went out together, Chaerin and Minji were tired from filming so they decided to stay in and get some rest.

Yong Guk and Zelo arrived at their practice room joining their other members.

“Hyung! How was filming?” Jong Up asked.

“It was alright” he replied.

“Yeah more like amazing for hyung! Hahaha” Zelo said from behind.

“Why? What happened?” Himchan asked.

“Hyung was partnered up with CL. And they were like totally acting like a couple”

“Ya! Do you wanna die?” Yong Guk said looking at Zelo.

All the members started teasing Yong Guk even though Yong Guk was threatening them, they were having too much fun seeing him being all shy and squirmy.

When Jieun got back to the company, she decided she needed to talk to Yong Guk to set things straight. She was walking to their practice room and she heard lots of noise coming from there. She faintly heard laughing and CL’s name. Her hands balled into fists. She opened the door and they all went quiet.

The boy’s fun was cut short when they heard the door open to see Jieun standing in the doorway with an angry face.

“I need to talk to Yong Guk oppa”

Yong Guk just stared at her, he didn’t really expect her to show up. The members went back to their chitter chatter not acknowledging  Jieun anymore. She totally ruined their mood they thought.

Jieun saw that Yong Guk was not moving so she went over to him and grabbed him.

“oppa I need to talk to you now”

They were at the company’s cafeteria.

“What do you need to talk about? I have to get back to practice.”

“I don’t like you with CL”

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw! I saw how you were looking at her. Why are you looking at other girls when you are with me” she exclaimed.

“What about it. You date other guys, what does that make me? So I can’t look at other girls?”

“Oppa, I don’t like it” she pouted.

Yong Guk is getting tired of this game she is playing. First she wants to date other guys and now she doesn’t like it that he is interested in another girl.

“Isn’t this what you want though? I don’t understand what games you are playing. If you keep being like this I feel like we should just stay apart from each other” Yong Guk finally said.

Jieun was shocked that Yong Guk would say something like this, he has always listened to her.

“Oppa don’t be like that. You know I like you, you don’t like me anymore? Is it because of that CL girl?”

Yong Guk just stood up not saying anything else. “Oppa! Oppa! Don’t you dare walk away from me!” she yelled from across. Yong Guk kept walking not turning his back.

“Its because of you,” she said under her breathe.

“Jieun noona looked scary earlier. I hope she didn’t hurt hyung or anything” Zelo said after Yong Guk left.

“He’s a strong boy. Wonder what they had to talk about?” Himchan wondered.

And then Yong Guk walked in, back to the practice room telling them to turn the music on and start practicing. They practiced late into the night.

A week went by, BAP and 2ne1 were busy with their own schedules, they barely had anytime for any rest at all. Today was the day when Idol’s was airing.

Auntie B was looking forward to watching this episode. Chaerin’s mom even came over so they could watch the show together to see their children.

“Aigoo look at my Yongie!” Auntie B said pointing at the screen.

The mothers were so happy when they saw that Chaerin and Yong Guk were sitting beside each other in one of the segments.

“Chaerin didn’t even tell me that she sat this close to Yongie!” her mother said.

“I know right, I had no idea. Aigoo these kids!” Auntie B said.

“I don’t know why Chaerinnie is being so stubborn. If Yongie knew about their past he will surely be happy” her mom said. Her mom never understood why Chaerin would not let Yong Guk know. It’s not like they were strangers, but she respected her daughters decision. Her mother was quite fond of Yong Guk, she would bump into him once in a while. And they greeted each other like normal but she never mentioned Chaerin cause he didn’t ask.

Finally they got to the part of the couple picking and when they saw that Yong Guk wanted Chaerin as a partner and she chose them they were ecstatic. They were jumping up and down like kids. Their husbands just chuckled at their wife’s ridiculousness.

The show finally came to an end and the mothers were satisfied especially with the ending, seeing their child’s affection to one another even though it was quick. It was something they have wanted to see for along time.

“awww they are the cutest! Yongie seriously needs to know that Chaerin is Rinnie!” Auntie B said to Chaerin’s mom.

“I know! But what can we do? How?”

“I think its time for us to do something don’t you think?” said Chaerin’s mom.

“I think I have the perfect plan.” Auntie B said with a gleam in her eye.

Today Chaerin finally had the whole day off, she decided to stop by her parent’s house and then go visit Auntie B. Her mom gave her some goodies and told her to share them with Auntie B.

After spending sometime with her parents she bid her parents goodbye.

“Give these to her. I’ll give her a call telling her you’re on the way there.” Her mom gave her a hug.

When Chaerin’s mom closed the door Chaerin’s dad shook his head slowly with a tiny smile knowing what she was up to.

“What?” Chaerin’s mom said innocently and went to make a call.

Chaerin arrived and saw Auntie B waiting in front of her house. Auntie B and Chaerin’s mom thought its finally time for Yong Guk to know the truth so they figured a way to have them meet finally.

“Auntie B why are you standing there?” Chaerin questioned.

“Are you free today Rinnie? Want to go around with me today?”

Chaerin nodded “I’m finally free today! Where are we going?”

Auntie B wanted to deliver some of Yong Guk’s favorites to him today since he has been busy lately. He must be tired she thought. It’s been a while that she’s done that and today is the perfect day.

“Ah Rinnie you will see”

Soon they arrived in front of a big building. Chaerin wondered what kind of building this was and why is there so many girls in front of it? Auntie B was easily let in, even with the heavy security.

“Auntie B, where are we?”

“Hyung! We’re hungry!! Can’t we rest for a little bit?” Daehyun said collapsing on the ground.

“Fine we can take a break. I think my mom is coming with some food soon so yeah, we can wait for her”

“Really?! Asa! Love your mom’s cooking!” Zelo exclaimed.

There was a knock at the door. The boys, thinking it was Yong Guk’s mom coming with food were excited.

Turns out it was just Jieun and their faces fell.

Jieun has been trying to reach Yong Guk the whole week but he has never replied back to her. She wanted to go work things out with Yong Guk face to face so she decided to go to the practice room.

“Oh it’s noona” Zelo said sadly.

Jieun went over to Yong Guk.

Himchan, Young Jae, and Zelo made silent puking and gag sounds. They saw Jieun rubbing Yong Guk’s arm affectionately and making pouty faces at him. In the past they have seen Jieun with several guys before so they seriously have no idea why she keeps coming to Yong Guk. How can a girl be dating so many guys and not make up their mind the boys wondered?

They were walking down a long hallway. It seemed like it was some sort of entertainment company, Chaerin thought.

“Auntie B aren’t these practice rooms? Don’t tell me we are here to see…”

Auntie B was busy looking for Yong Guk’s practice room so she didn’t hear Chaerin’s suspicions earlier. Chaerin wanted to escape but she couldn’t since she was holding Auntie B’s things. Maybe he won’t recognize her? She was wearing her round sunnies so maybe not she thought.

There was a knock at the door. This time they hoped it was food coming!

Daehyun prayed “Please please be food!”

Yong Guk briefly turned away from Jieun when he heard a knock at the door expecting his mom. “Omma!” Yong Guk called out to his mom.

Chaerin thought it was best for her to walk behind his mom and face towards the door. Maybe no one will notice her she sincerely hoped.

Yong Guk went over to his mom and gave her a hug. He noticed there was a girl with blond hair. He couldn’t see her face though since she was turned around.

“Ehh Omma, who came with you?”

Before his mom would reply another girl walked up to Yong Guk.

Jieun noticed that Yong Guk’s mom was here so she decided to go introduce herself/

She stuck her hand out “Anyaheseyo, I’m Jieun”

Auntie B was confused, since when did Yong Guk have a girl in his group or is this his girlfriend?

Yong Guk was trying to figure out who was behind his mom. Soon s walked up to where Yong Guk was at.

Chaerin felt like dying. The longer she stood there, the more she felt like her legs would just collapse from being so nervous. This may be the day he finds out. B-but Jieun is here too. Are they really together? Ahh this was killing her.

Auntie B finally found her voice again from being surprised that Jieun may be Yong Guk’s girlfriend. “Uh Omma brought you guys food!” Auntie B turned around to find Chaerin had her back faced towards her.

“Omma who came with you?” Yong Guk questioned her again.

Chaerin was hoping Auntie B wouldn’t say anything. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to see Yong Guk at all, but it was just she was scared. Knowing her feelings for him, it made her even more scared.

This was killing Auntie B, she was going to let Yong Guk know right now at this moment she decided, it didn’t matter if he has a girlfriend right now. As long as he knows his Rinnie is right here.

“It’s Rinnie!”

Chaerin’s heart stopped hearing Auntie B saying her nickname.

“R-Rinnie?” Yong Guk said surprised.

The boys looked to each other confused, Yong Guk told them awhile back about Rinnie but she was in France though they thought.

“Rinnie come here closer to Auntie” she said pulling Chaerin closer to her.

Jieun did not know what was going on. Who is this “Rinnie” girl?

Yong Guk still couldn’t tell how she looked like, her back was still towards him. She was quite petite and had blond hair he noticed.

Auntie B had to make Chaerin turn around. “Rinnie was free today. I feel like it’s time you guys meet. Though she didn’t know we were coming here”

Once Chaerin turned around everyone was incredibly surprised to see who it was. Zelo and Yong Jae’s eyes about popped from their heads from opening them so big. Himchan, Jong Up, and Daehyun were speechless with their mouth shaped in an “O” Jieun was astonished, what was CL doing here? Yong Guk couldn’t even manage to say anything. This was really his Rinnie? How? How come he never realized it?

“Well from seeing your guys faces I guess you guys know each other?” Auntie B said.

“C-CL???!!!” Himchan said loudly.

Zelo pointed “you’re Rinnie???”

“Aigoo Auntie B I think I should go wait outside” Chaerin said trying to escape this awkward situation. But before she could take a step, Auntie B grabbed Chaerin’s hand so she won’t go anywhere. Auntie B had made it this far, she was not going back now.

And then Jieun put her hands into Yong Guk’s hands though Yong Guk was still out of it he didn’t notice he was now holding Jieun’s hands.

Chaerin looked down to see Yong Guk and Jieun holding hands. Chaerin couldn’t handle seeing this. Luckily she was wearing her shades so no one could see her eyes watering.

“Bang Yong Guk, you have a girlfriend and you didn’t tell Omma?” Auntie B noticed the same thing like Chaerin. This was not good.

His mom rarely says his full name unless she was mad. This made him snap out of his frozen state. He looked down, when did he? He was confused how did Jieun’s hand end up in his? He tried to get his hands out of her grip but she had a strong grip on him. So he gave up.

“2ne1’s CL is Rinnie? Wow that is amazing! Exclaimed Himchan.

Chaerin didn’t know what to do but give him a sweet smile and scratched her head awkwardly. Chaerin forgot that she was still holding the bag of food. She handed it to Yong Guk since he was right in front of her.

Yong Guk was still staring at her, so Daehyun who was next to him took the initiative and took it from her.

“Thanks CLsshi! Daehyun said and went to sit down to lay out the food, Jong Up also went. Zelo, Young Jae, and Himchan decided to leave them and joined Daehyun and Jong Up.

How could he have not recognized CL as Rinnie earlier? Now he thought that he really was a pabo. The similarities hit him. But how come she never said anything, how come his mom never said anything?

“Well I see that you and your girlfriend was doing something. Me and Rinnie will just go back home. Maybe we interrupted. We just came to deliver food. Bye!” And his mom quickly left. Yong Guk just stood there frozen. Trying to process everything that just happened.

 

Yong Guk has finally found out!!! Did you guys like it? Please look forward to the next update!!! Comment and subsribe :)