Savior?

My Peterpan~

---

There was something strange with the way her name was being called; it sounded foreign and the pitch was just so different that it triggered her curiosity enough to look up from the pile of documents she had scattered on her desk. Her eyes were then greeted with a soft smile from a young man inside a double –ed, black handcrafted Versace suit. Anna blinked thrice, unable to register any familiarity with the man in front of him.

“Uhm, are you the right Miss Lee? I was told that I’ll find you if I go straight to the Human Resource department,” he finally told her after a few seconds of silence awkwardness passed through the small space between them. Anna then remembered being told about a new manager being appointed from another branch of the office, but this guy looks too... young. This can’t be him.

“This is the HR department, and yes, I am Anna Lee. And you are...?” she asked as she stood up from her seat, knocking the cup filled with her used pencils and other stationaries on her desk. The contents were flooding her working desk and Anna apologised in a state of panic, bending down to pick up a couple of pencils that rolled down the desk. She could hear Luna’s snorts behind her, and the girls with her were whispering with a grin on their faces. spilled a series of apology, as if it had been her habit to do so, and it only stopped when she saw the guy in front of her knelt down to help her pick up an old pen from underneath her chair and handed it to her with a smile. Anna hesitated for a moment before she took the pen in his hand.

“My name’s Lu Han from the Marketing department. I’m here to get my worker’s pass,” he said, eyes were gazing Anna’s face like he never saw a klutz all his life. Realising that she was staring at the stranger quite questioningly, she shook her head and opened the most top drawer of her desk, started to scramble through the layers of papers and small boxes of paperclips.

“You don’t sound Korean...” Anna mumbled as she pulled out a few pieces of yellow papers, only to grunt and shoved them back into their place.

“That’s because I’m not. I was transferred here from the Beijing branch. Today’s my first day here,” he explained with a smile, trying to be friendly but Anna didn’t feel like being too friendly with someone she just met that day, so she ignored Lu Han’s explanation and continued to find whatever she was searching for.

She missed the interested look on Lu Han’s face as she pulled open another drawer underneath the first one, only to have it knocked her right knee when she did so. Yelping silently, her face scrunched badly as she tried to hold in the pain.

“Are you okay?” Lu Han asked her with concern, and she tried to force up a smile while shaking her head. Her right hand was still scrambling through the unattended papers and documents in the second drawer, when it grazed against a rough surface of a box on the left side of the drawer. Carefully, she palmed the palm-sized box and took it out.

“Found it. Okay, so this is yours,” she said as she fished out a worn out worker’s pass from the box; one from many that she kept inside there. Lu Han accepted it with a curious face as she handed it to him, and she understood his curiosity perfectly.

“That’s just for a while before you get your own ID.”

“And how do I get my own ID?”

“You see that room back there?” she pointed to a room at other end of the office, where a tall young boy with brunette hair and a thick pair of glasses was leaning against the said room’s door trying to snooze out while standing. Lu Han raised his eyebrows; still got a lot of questions to ask but Anna didn’t want to answer any further.

“That’s Sehun. He’s in charge of the IDs. Fill in this form,” she handed him a blue paper with blank spaces for him to fill in, “and give it to him. When it’s done we’ll give you a call and you can come back here to pick it up.”

Lu Han made a funny face but he was still nodding. Anna thought he really looked like a kid more than of an adult, but she knew she would be in trouble if she said that out loud.  Thinking that Lu Han wasn’t going to ask about anything anymore (and she hoped he wasn’t), she returned to her seat and continued her work when she heard Lu Han cleared his throat to get her attention.

“Anything else?” she asked, and Lu Han gave her another smile. She was quite amazed with how someone’s eyes could twinkle and shine when they smiled like Lu Han’s; not everyone has that kind of eyes. Kyungsoo who sat next to her (who often offered her his home-baked biscuits without a word) for instance had big eyes and probably an abundance of sclera that sometimes scared anyone who saw him for the first time.

“Aren’t you giving me a tour around?” he asked slyly, body leaning in closer towards her desk and his smile suddenly felt dangerous. Anna didn’t like that.

“I can give you a tour around,” Luna suddenly decided to in, probably she had been impatient watching them from the side line. The other colleagues who were getting hyped together with her earlier when they saw Lu Han walking into the office were now grinning from ear to ear, eagerly waiting for Lu Han’s answer. He turned around and gave a simple scan on the petite girl from head to toe in less than a second before turning his attention back onto Anna. Seeing how he wasn’t going to go away until she give him the answer, Anna bit her lower lip and slowly shook her head, eyes darting between Lu Han’s hopeful smile and Luna’s face that started to turn red.

“I’m pretty busy right now, but Luna here seems unoccupied at the moment,” she suggested, and Luna beamed at the mention of her name. Lu Han turned around once again, stared at the excited young lady and sighed.

“Alright. I just need to know where the cafeteria and the gym are, actually,” he told Luna as they walked side by side towards the elevator. Anna thought she was doing great eliminating the disturbance away from her focus, when Lu Han ran back at her desk and made a few heads near her turned. She really didn’t like the attention she got today.

“Uhm, so this is my number. Just in case the ID is done.”

“You should give it to Sehun once you’re done later. And we usually use the intercom,” she told him as he put his name card on her desk when she didn’t take it away from his hand.

“They haven’t set one up in my room yet, so it’s better if you contact me by this number. Oh and are you free at lunch? Can you show me any nice place to eat other than the cafeteria?” he asked with his usual smile, and Anna had a hard time trying to look away.

“I brought my own lunch. And lunch is my nap time, so you can say I’m occupied. Sorry.”

“Oh, it’s okay. Then, see you again sometimes, Miss Lee,” he said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. Anna didn’t quite understand why, though.

“I don’t know if you’re being an idiot or an .” Kyungsoo who had never speak more than ‘biscuits?’ with her suddenly craned his neck over the divider glass between their desks and said that after Lu Han left. Anna almost jumped.

“I beg your pardon?”

“He’s totally into you, .”

“Is this why you never speak more than three words with me?” she asked sarcastically, referring to the language he had just used. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and threw a small bag of cookies into her lap. Anna said thanks, although she was getting confused with Kyungsoo’s hot-and-cold treatment towards her.

“I’m sure he’s just being nice, you know. Since I’m probably among the first people he spoke to in this building today.”

“Yeah, right, since he just invited you to have lunch with him while Luna was flashing her best curves right in front of him just now. I’m sure your afternoon nap is far too important than a prospective husband,” he mocked, and Anna suddenly felt that Kyungsoo didn’t really have the right to judge her like that.

“Important enough to me.” She said with a solemn voice, and Kyungsoo somehow knew he shouldn’t reply to that sentence with sarcasm.

“Gee, whatever,” he said, defeated, as he returned to busied himself up. Anna wondered if she said it too seriously, but then again, her afternoon nap was important. It had become a part of her survival kit to make sure she got through the day until the end.

-

“It’s cold.”

Anna opened her eyes as she felt a cold wet nose nudging her cheek. It took her a moment to realise that they were sitting on the veranda of a cottage, and the vast green field surrounding the cottage looked like as if it was dancing with the strong wind.

“It’s raining,” Anna said, extending her arm outside and felt the raindrops that fell from the rooftop splashed into her palm. Suho purred as he rested his head onto Anna’s lap, and Anna automatically bent a little, burying her face inside Suho’s warm furs.

“Because you wanted it to rain, didn’t you?” Suho growled as he rolled on his back, waiting for Anna to rub his tummy. Anna laughed, and did as Suho wanted. She liked the way the warmth from Suho contradicted with the cold weather outside. She was probably thinking about how nice it would be to cuddle with Suho in weather like this when the sky began rupturing with thunder a few minutes before she snoozed in earlier.

“Did you build this place, or is it here because I wanted it to?”

“I built it for you. Is it okay? Do you like it?” Suho asked as he rolled back on his tummy and prepared to pounce on Anna. Anna yelped and laughed as two seconds later, Suho was already crouching above her, her face.

“Are you kidding? I love it. It’s beautiful.”

“Well it is yours,” he said, nudging his big cold nose into the crooks on Anna’s neck. Anna palmed the sides of the silvery grey wolf’s head, feeling the thick furs that swallowed her hands and brought Suho’s eyes till they met her eyes.

“Thank you, Suho. Thank you.” She said gratefully, kissing the spot where the furs were shorter in between Suho’s closed eyes.  Suho brought his paws onto Anna’s cheeks, and the rough pads of his paws slowly turned into slender fingers, sliding down towards her neck and caressing the back of her nape. The part where she planted her lips earlier turned sharper and narrower, and before any of them could realise it, they were both laughing as Anna now was kissing the top of Suho’s human nose.

“Kyungsoo spoke to me today.”

“He’s the biscuit-maker, right? I thought you said he never speaks?” Anna nodded as Suho laid his head back onto her lap; his fingers carelessly playing with the curly ends of Anna’s long hair.

“Yes he is. He said something stupid, though.”

“Really?” he asked mindlessly, and Anna smiled without replying. The rain didn’t stop because Anna didn’t want it to, because she liked the way Suho’s heartbeat felt when she put her palm onto his chest. A few minutes later, Suho asked her if she want to look around inside the cottage, but she said she would rather spend the afternoon doing nothing with Suho like this.

“It’s lunch time and I got to get back to the reports. I’ll come back later once I’m home, okay? Then we’ll spend the day jumping into the puddles after the rain stops,” Anna told him, and Suho flashed his gummy smile. Anna had forgotten all about Lu Han’s smile at this point.

“If I wished for you hard enough, would you come to my world, Suho?” Anna suddenly asked, and Suho who looked like he was about to snooze sat up almost instantly. Anna laughed nervously at the reaction.

“It was just a rhetorical question. Don’t take it too serious,” she said, palming Suho’s left cheek, asking him to calm down. Suho then took her hand to his lips.

“I exist only at your disposal, Anna. Maybe if you wish a little harder—” Suho was halted when a bell was chiming throughout their Neverland. It was Anna’s alarm that she set on her phone earlier.

“I’ve got to go.”

“I wish you could stay, Anna,” Suho whispered against her hair as he pulled her in for an embrace. Anna hummed in agreement; really, she wouldn’t want anything else right now other than being with the only person who cared about nothing but her.

“I wish for the same thing too.”

Anna remembered seeing Suho’s longing eyes sending her away, back into reality. Every time she started to gain her consciousness, it always felt as if she was flying high up into the sky. Suho would always seem smaller as he turned back into the big silvery grey wolf, running on the ground chasing her, and disappeared behind the clouds. She was always left with the small bitterness of melancholy whenever she opened her eyes.

But it’s okay, because their Neverland would always be there whenever she was in bed every night, getting ready to sleep.

No, getting ready to meet her Suho.

To be indulged in his warmth and beautiful, beautiful smile.

 

 

 

****************************

P/S this chapter is not by me *nods* Meet my co-author, the writer of this chapter *drumrolls* permanent_dreamer *sobs* its beautifully written by her! yes and longer than mine, but then lalala i am lazy! 

P.P.S : she gave me this note stating how evil she is with me and biases dilemma...she wont let me post it,

P.P.P.S: Enjoy this chapter and dont forget to comment if you want to :D