Chapter 68

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 68

 

After the tiring rehearsals you only looked forward to crashing in your bed. Not caring of the books inside your bag as many other times you threw it aside and still wearing your uniform you walked to your bed.

There was a strange envelope on top of your bed, so you sat and picked it up.

The name of the envelope made your stomach queasy. It’s here…!

You ran down to where your parents were with excitement, of course they were already expecting you.

“Mom, Dad!” –You were shaking with the envelope in your hand.

“Open it!” –Your mother said as she stood by your side.

“I’m so nervous…” –But still you opened the envelope with shivering hands.

You took a breath before reading the contents.

“So…?” –Your dad said in anticipation

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

“No way!” –Sarah exclaimed as she read the letter. She screamed in excitement and hugged you. –“Congratulations!”

“Thank you… I’m so happy I think I’m going to cry…”

“So how’d Youngjae take it?” –She asked and pulled away.

“I still haven’t told him… I’m waiting for the right time.” 

“___-ah. You know how he is... Don’t wait too long or else he could get upset that you didn’t tell him sooner.”

“Tell him sooner what?” –Startling you, Youngjae walked over from behind you.

Sarah pressed her lips together and folded the paper and held it out to you. But Youngjae thought that she was giving it to him so he took it instead.

“What’s this?”

“That’s… a scholarship…” –You said, because of Sarah’s words you were now feeling uneasy. That wasn’t exactly how you planned for the conversation to start. Sarah excused herself and left you with Youngjae.

“Oh that’s great hon…ey…” –His tone lowered when he saw the name of the college.

Youngjae averted his eyes from the paper and looked right at you.

“I-I didn’t know you applied to study abroad…” –He stuttered and read the letter again in disbelief.

“I’ve actually wanted to study in the States for as long as I can remember.” –You said and took the letter from him after he finished reading.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” –Youngjae asked searching for your eyes that avoided him; you did nothing wrong but still felt guilty.

“Because, I didn’t want to get my hopes up fantasizing about something that wasn’t real yet, I was planning to tell you as soon as I got my letter, I wanted to surprise you, I promise.”

He nodded trying to understand. “Oh.”

“Youngjae… I-I’m sorry I didn’t tell you my plans before…” –You felt awful to see how his good mood had disappeared.

“No. No… It’s okay. Don’t be sorry. I-I’m really happy for you.” –It was easy to tell how he forced that last sentence.

The bell rang announcing your next period.

“We’ll talk later okay?” –He kissed your cheek and walked past you quickly.

Despite being really happy about the news, you couldn’t help but to feel very guilty for not telling him sooner. In the future he did say you studied abroad and everything seemed to be fine about it, so you didn't expect this kind of reaction from him. At the same time, you always urged him to tell you his feelings, but you weren’t doing a good job at telling him what was going on in your life.

 

--

 

It’s been a while since Daehyun saw Youngjae out of it. After being framed twice, Youngjae tried his best to be a better student than he already was, but today he was completely distracted.

Daehyun hurriedly followed his dazed friend who was startled when his friend put his arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter