Chapter 14

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14

You walked in the strange hallway, there were some boxes filled with books. Some were taped shut and some were open. You saw some pictures in the hallway and to your surprise; you saw a very familiar face.

“Her door is the second one to your left.” –Someone’s voice sounded from afar.

You looked to the door that was in your left as the voice said, and felt your heart sink when you heard some sniffling coming from inside. Looking back you saw Youngjae and Sarah who seemed very concerned. Turning back to the door you lifted your hand and knocked cautiously.

“I’ll be right out.” –The sniffling stopped and you heard the sound of things shuffling inside.

You were concerned already knowing who was going to come out the door. Once she did, she seemed surprised by the sudden visit.

“W-What are you guys doing here?” –She asked as she dried even more her already red eyes.

“Are you okay?” –Youngjae asked, but she stood there silent, her eyes trembling and threatening to tear up again.

“Your mom already told us… We know you’re leaving.” –Sarah said apologetically.

You only observed the girl, who suddenly burst up in tears and embraced you who were right in front of her.

 

--

It suddenly struck you; it was exactly what you had seen days before. So it was another flashback…

You tried not to get nervous as you had something more important in your hands at the moment. Looking down at your arms Yeon Ae kept sobbing as she held on to your arm. It really brought you down to see her like that, despite the short time you’ve spent with her.

“Yeon Ae… Let’s go sit down.” –You patted on her back.

Standing straight she nodded and dried her tears with the back of her hand. You helped her to sit on the corner of her bed, Sarah sitting down in the other side of her and Youngjae moving the desk chair to sit in front of her. Yeon Ae started to sniffle. You waited until she calmed down and she began.

“W-we thought this time my dad’s job would really be more stable. I guess we were wrong.” –She said sadly. –“We got the news just the other day.”

Yeon Ae sighed and you placed your hand on her shoulder making her quickly look at you. Her eyes really seemed like she was crying for a long time.

“Where are you going to?” –You cautiously asked.

“Canada. According to dad’s boss he has a safe position there.” –Yeon Ae sighed and rested her chin on her hands and sighed. –“First time in such a long time I found good friends, and I have to go away so quickly.”

You glanced at Sarah who was really concerned too.

“Just because you’re leaving, it doesn’t mean our friendship will end here.”

Yeon Ae glanced up to Sarah and she gave her a reassuring smile.

“She’s right Yeon Ae.” –Youngjae added. –“We really don’t want you to leave, but truth is, that we can keep in touch no matter how far you are.”

Yeon Ae’s smile appeared again on her lips. Though what they said was right, you felt like you needed to add to their comments.

“However.” –You caught her attention. –“You can also make new friends in addition. I know it was already hard for you, but look; you already made three in a month or so. My advice, don’t be afraid to meet new people where ever you go Yeon Ae. Believe it or not, if your dream is to someday become a singer, you’re going to need to be open to new friends and other people.”

“That’s true… I-I’ll try.” –Yeon Ae said as she fiddled with her fingers.

Sarah stood up from the bed and you followed her with your sight.

“I know you’ll be able to find good friends you can trust Yeon Ae.” –Youngjae also added to your statement.

She smiled at her good friend but then put her head down. –“Still… I’m going to miss you guys so much…” –Yeon Ae sighed.

You glanced at Youngjae and back at the girl; you gave her a hug from the side. “We’re going to miss you too, but you’re not going to lose us. Always keep that in mind…”

“Sorry to interrupt…” –Sarah said from the other part of the room making you all look her way. –“May I borrow this Yeon Ae?”

Sarah pointed at a guitar that was on a stand in the corner of the room. Yeon Ae nodded and wondered what she was planning to do. Sarah smiled when she got the permission, quickly taking the guitar in her arms. She put on the strap and began to tune the instrument.

“There’s this song I always sing to when I’m feeling down… I think you need some cheering up right now.” –Sarah added.

Sarah began to strum the first chords of the song and hum. Youngjae’s face instantly brightened up as he caught on to what song she was strumming to. Without hesitating he began with the first line.

 

Sarah quickly eyed him when he just barged into the song, but she continued strumming knowing that cheering up Yeon Ae was more important. As for you, your eyes brightened up as you heard his soft voice.  Youngjae continued singing unaware of what he had done, and he kept his eyes on the girl in front of him as her frown slowly turned into a smile. Soon it was Sarah’s turn, and her voice sounded so pure and comforting.

You bumped Yeon Ae’s arm softly with yours, catching he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter